Author Topic: McGuane to pounce on deal .....(afl site)  (Read 6022 times)

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
matt dea, not sea
« Reply #30 on: October 25, 2012, 12:47:52 AM »
Quarter back ;D Is Houli our quarter back? Chris Everett

Quarter back = Hodge in gf 08. I know people say AFL doesn't have qb but its outdated view

Or deledio when he was hbf.

Deledio should be fwd/mid.

The back 6 should be
Big -rancee grimes Chaplin/astbury.
Small - grimes. Bachelor. X

Morris too..
I like sea but I reckon helbig has all the tools...
Newman will be in the team off the bench but the last spot is still up for.grabs. houli is far.from 100% sure of a game
« Last Edit: October 25, 2012, 02:32:16 AM by Bentleigh-esque »

Offline HKTiger

• Premiership Captain
  • For We're From Tigerland
Re: McGuane to pounce on deal .....(afl site)
« Reply #31 on: October 25, 2012, 01:18:10 AM »
actually claw, Edwards has one of the highest effective center clearance rate percentages in the league for players present for over 50 centre bounces.

But hey, don't let facts get in the way of an opinion.
6 yrs of watching this bloke try and play as a mid tells me your stats arent worth jack poo.
he was as good as gone until around round 8 when we played him primarily as a forward. 
ive done this bloke to death im not going to repeat myself but as far as im concerned hes failed abysmally as a mid for reasons ive repeated ad nauseum.
keep your stats they dont mean much. most stats are like that.

They're not my stats.  They're available by subscription.  Apparently KPI's that Lade and Dimma work by.  But your opinion is fine.

It's always the same with you.  Only your opinion is valid and counter points are abused.  Continue as before.

Offline Coach

• Hardly A Prude
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Depend on Schulzy
« Reply #32 on: October 25, 2012, 02:38:57 AM »
Who sets up play from defense, and who plays defensive forward or takes the opposition quarterback in your team there claw? It's why Newman, Houli, and King will be walk up starts. Stop thinking positional play of the previous era and start thinking American Football line running, set pieces and match ups and you'll start to understand why some things are like they are.
pppfffttt had a look at how geelong set up or collingwood or wce theres no runts lots of height and lots of big bodies every bloody succesful side structres up this way.

why are you people so lazy why dont you learn from what SUCCESFUL sides have done. sydney had 3 193+ defenders, they had another at 188 they had a gritty medium in smith and shaw at 183 provided rebound.

the yr before geelong had scarlett lonergan taylor all ranging from 192 to 195.  mackie normally plays alongside these blokes at 192. enright and hunt are what 1888 and 185 and bloody big bodied to go with it. they used just wojiinski for run.
collingwood had maxwell brown reid all around 195, obrien at 188 and toovey at 191, shaw the main rebounder.
i can go on and on.

grimes as a third tall quick tall agile and a good user. rance as a kpd or even as a rebounder his best assett is his rebound and run. batchelor at 188 is a good user is not slow and can do a mattner.
chaplin is actually criticised for not being defensive enough and provides too much run and not enough accountability.
morris is quick accountable and has shown he can rebound. conca well i dont have to say a thing do i most want him in the midfield me i reckon hes a top noth flanker.

size height strength and run in the back line we have it in just as much quantities  as most premiership sides its just a matter of gettin good systems in place now thats a coaching thing.
lets learn from those who have done well before us.

:thumbsup

Disagree with Dwaino's call of Batchelor being too slow. Has good pace. Am also not sure how you can disagree with Claw since he has just showed 3 examples of a premiership teams backline?
Or do we listen to the Richmond way of success. Yes, let's sit down and learn something there.

Offline Coach

• Hardly A Prude
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Depend on Schulzy
« Reply #33 on: October 25, 2012, 02:46:10 AM »
actually claw, Edwards has one of the highest effective center clearance rate percentages in the league for players present for over 50 centre bounces.

6 yrs of watching this bloke try and play as a mid tells me your stats arent worth jack poo.
he was as good as gone until around round 8 when we played him primarily as a forward. 
ive done this bloke to death im not going to repeat myself but as far as im concerned hes failed abysmally as a mid for reasons ive repeated ad nauseum.

They're not my stats.  They're available by subscription.  Apparently KPI's that Lade and Dimma work by.  But your opinion is fine.

It's always the same with you.  Only your opinion is valid and counter points are abused.  Continue as before.

Wouldn't Edwards spend more time in the guts if he was such a gun clearance player?

Offline HKTiger

• Premiership Captain
« Reply #34 on: October 25, 2012, 04:53:11 AM »

Wouldn't Edwards spend more time in the guts if he was such a gun clearance player?

Good question.  He actually spent more time there than I think some people realise.  But there is a "center square rotation" of Maric, Edwards, Jackson and one other that had something like 11 effective clearances from 17 center bounces.  Given that Cotchin, Martin, Tuck, Lids and Foley would be ahead of Edwards and Jackson I'm assuming that "rotation" gets limited center square opportunities, but it is effective.

It's fact based and supports my view of Edwards effectiveness in close and the effectiveness that Dan can provide in a limited role.  But that view does not agree with claw's opinion and I must be wrong or so he so forcefully wants to remind me.

I don't care for many of his opinions but when I offer a counter point it's met with derision and/or abuse.  Interesting discussion style.  "Agree with me or else".

Offline Coach

• Hardly A Prude
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Depend on Schulzy
« Reply #35 on: October 25, 2012, 05:07:26 AM »
Yeah that's fair enough. I can see Claw's argument but at the same time Edwards does do good things in close. He's got very quick hands and good vision. He's bigger these days too which would allow him to spend more time in the guts. In the past he just wasn't big enough. I thought his consistency as a midfielder wasn't good enough but he was good when they played him forward & had him pinch hit in the midfield. That suits him

tony_montana

« Reply #36 on: October 25, 2012, 07:18:45 AM »
Agree Dwaine, that team is way too slow, would get slaughtered on the rebound

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #37 on: October 25, 2012, 08:56:09 AM »
Yeah that's fair enough. I can see Claw's argument but at the same time Edwards does do good things in close. He's got very quick hands and good vision. He's bigger these days too which would allow him to spend more time in the guts. In the past he just wasn't big enough. I thought his consistency as a midfielder wasn't good enough but he was good when they played him forward & had him pinch hit in the midfield. That suits him
:yep
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #38 on: October 25, 2012, 09:27:44 AM »
Good idea to sign McGuane up again, think it will be his last year though, unless he kicks 50-60 goals... :thumbsup
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"

Offline Phil Mrakov

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • They said I could be anything so I became Phil
« Reply #39 on: October 25, 2012, 10:16:10 AM »
Thanks again for choosing us Lukey.
hhhaaarrgghhh hhhhaaarrggghhh hhhhaaaarrrggghh
HHAAARRRGGGHHHH HHHHAAARRRGGGHHHH HHHHHAAAAARRRRGGGGGHHHHH

dwaino

« Reply #40 on: October 25, 2012, 10:41:44 AM »
Who sets up play from defense, and who plays defensive forward or takes the opposition quarterback in your team there claw? It's why Newman, Houli, and King will be walk up starts. Stop thinking positional play of the previous era and start thinking American Football line running, set pieces and match ups and you'll start to understand why some things are like they are.
pppfffttt had a look at how geelong set up or collingwood or wce theres no runts lots of height and lots of big bodies every bloody succesful side structres up this way.

why are you people so lazy why dont you learn from what SUCCESFUL sides have done. sydney had 3 193+ defenders, they had another at 188 they had a gritty medium in smith and shaw at 183 provided rebound.

the yr before geelong had scarlett lonergan taylor all ranging from 192 to 195.  mackie normally plays alongside these blokes at 192. enright and hunt are what 1888 and 185 and bloody big bodied to go with it. they used just wojiinski for run.
collingwood had maxwell brown reid all around 195, obrien at 188 and toovey at 191, shaw the main rebounder.
i can go on and on.

grimes as a third tall quick tall agile and a good user. rance as a kpd or even as a rebounder his best assett is his rebound and run. batchelor at 188 is a good user is not slow and can do a mattner.
chaplin is actually criticised for not being defensive enough and provides too much run and not enough accountability.
morris is quick accountable and has shown he can rebound. conca well i dont have to say a thing do i most want him in the midfield me i reckon hes a top noth flanker.

size height strength and run in the back line we have it in just as much quantities  as most premiership sides its just a matter of gettin good systems in place now thats a coaching thing.
lets learn from those who have done well before us.

:thumbsup

Disagree with Dwaino's call of Batchelor being too slow. Has good pace. Am also not sure how you can disagree with Claw since he has just showed 3 examples of a premiership teams backline?
Or do we listen to the Richmond way of success. Yes, let's sit down and learn something there.

Batchelor has closing speed to spoil and play as a stop, but he's hardly up there with speed, line breaking and damaging kicks like Hodge, Deledio (when he played there) the Shaws etc. He listed these kind of blokes but covered them with Rance and Batchelor which I disagree with. I find it odd too that he wants to put Rance in this role when he's spent the better part of the last 2-3 years bagging his kicking which should be the first attribute of a HBF in modern footy.

Offline Willy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • All up inside ya.
« Reply #41 on: October 25, 2012, 11:04:30 AM »

75% of people know that.

Offline tigs2011

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #42 on: October 25, 2012, 11:06:44 AM »

:clapping

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #43 on: October 25, 2012, 01:31:24 PM »
The main problem with Claws point is Collingwood, Geelong and Swans all had players of that height good enough to do that role. For us we either have players good enough but not great size, or right size and not good enough.

Offline tiga

• Exhaling Carbon in the
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Yes Hampson has taken a mark!
« Reply #44 on: October 25, 2012, 01:39:33 PM »

75% of people know that.

:lol An I can verify that Willy's comment is 100% accurate.