Author Topic: McGuane to pounce on deal .....(afl site)  (Read 6031 times)

Offline yellowandback

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: McGuane to pounce on deal .....(afl site)
« Reply #45 on: October 25, 2012, 07:02:19 PM »

keep your stats they dont mean much. most stats are like that.

75% of people know that.

:lol An I can verify that Willy's comment is 100% accurate.

41% of all statistics are inaccurate. Fact.
It's that simple Spud
"I discussed (it) with my three daughters, my wife and my 82-year-old mum, because it has really affected me … If those comments … were made about one of my daughters, it would make the hairs on the back of my neck stand up. I would not have liked it at all.”

Offline yellowandback

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #46 on: October 25, 2012, 07:03:25 PM »
Thanks again for choosing us Lukey.

There is a rumour he has an out clause at the end of his contract to be traded to GC.  :shh
It's that simple Spud
"I discussed (it) with my three daughters, my wife and my 82-year-old mum, because it has really affected me … If those comments … were made about one of my daughters, it would make the hairs on the back of my neck stand up. I would not have liked it at all.”

gerkin greg

« Reply #47 on: October 25, 2012, 07:07:20 PM »
 :lol

Offline Phil Mrakov

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • They said I could be anything so I became Phil
« Reply #48 on: October 25, 2012, 08:34:52 PM »
Thanks again for choosing us Lukey.

There is a rumour he has an out clause at the end of his contract to be traded to GC.  :shh

Thanks again Lukey.
hhhaaarrgghhh hhhhaaarrggghhh hhhhaaaarrrggghh
HHAAARRRGGGHHHH HHHHAAARRRGGGHHHH HHHHHAAAAARRRRGGGGGHHHHH

the claw

« Reply #49 on: October 26, 2012, 12:28:49 AM »
actually claw, Edwards has one of the highest effective center clearance rate percentages in the league for players present for over 50 centre bounces.

But hey, don't let facts get in the way of an opinion.
6 yrs of watching this bloke try and play as a mid tells me your stats arent worth jack poo.
he was as good as gone until around round 8 when we played him primarily as a forward. 
ive done this bloke to death im not going to repeat myself but as far as im concerned hes failed abysmally as a mid for reasons ive repeated ad nauseum.
keep your stats they dont mean much. most stats are like that.

They're not my stats.  They're available by subscription.  Apparently KPI's that Lade and Dimma work by.  But your opinion is fine.

It's always the same with you.  Only your opinion is valid and counter points are abused.  Continue as before.

Wouldn't Edwards spend more time in the guts if he was such a gun clearance player?

Good question.  He actually spent more time there than I think some people realise.  But there is a "center square rotation" of Maric, Edwards, Jackson and one other that had something like 11 effective clearances from 17 center bounces.  Given that Cotchin, Martin, Tuck, Lids and Foley would be ahead of Edwards and Jackson I'm assuming that "rotation" gets limited center square opportunities, but it is effective.

It's fact based and supports my view of Edwards effectiveness in close and the effectiveness that Dan can provide in a limited role.  But that view does not agree with claw's opinion and I must be wrong or so he so forcefully wants to remind me.

I don't care for many of his opinions but when I offer a counter point it's met with derision and/or abuse.  Interesting discussion style.  "Agree with me or else".
first up i dont care for most peoples opinions. tit for tat hey. where was my post either derisive or abusive. i told you i dont care for your stats or who ever they belong to.having watched him mainly  struggle for the last 6 yrs  im inclined to believe what i actually see.

i have actually defended edwards role this yr.  in particular after the first 6 or 7 weeks of the yr. he was normal for the first 7, normal being primarily played as a mid and being deplorable.

hes 78 kg and a runt. hes gets pushed around and taken out of contests in the midfield far too easily. his kicking is poor and hes slow.finally hes never ever found enough ball to warrant him playing as a permanent mid. the biggest criticism is hes supposed to be elite endurance wise and hes never ever shown he can gut run.

his attributes are his hands and his very good evasiveness which buys him time. when he can buy time hes damaging but when he cant hes a total liability. stats may something different but this has not changed
he had a very good consistent run from about rnd 7 or 8 right thru playing primarily as a small forward rotating thru the midfield at times. as a small forward i cant fault his last 14 or so games.

finally im may blunt and abrupt but in no way do i mean to come across as derisive or abusive.
finally is edwards good inside, at times yes hes even effective sometimes. he is but he needs more than just good hands and  bit of evasiveness to be a really good mid. just my opinion.

edwards isnt even truly established imo. i reckon we can all ask will he revert back to mediocrity or will he at last find just a bit of consistency. we will know in 12 months time.

Offline HKTiger

• Premiership Captain
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #50 on: October 26, 2012, 04:45:13 AM »
Now you argue your point without deriding mine.  Not too hard is it.

I disagree with you to a fair degree on Shed and agree with some points.  Stats support part of my view.

If you don't think calling a view "jack poo" is derisory then i have different standards.

And yes I've been condescending.  But I wont deny it either.

Offline eliminator

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #51 on: October 26, 2012, 06:46:42 AM »
If we sign up Edwards will McGuane get a game. Are they not fighting for the same position(the third tall in the forward line)

Offline Coach

• Hardly A Prude
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Depend on Schulzy
« Reply #52 on: October 26, 2012, 06:48:55 AM »
I don't think McGuane would get a game if he was here or not. If we go with three talls then I'd say Griffo or Astbury would be ahead of McGuane. If Edwards comes and has a good pre-season then he may play deep alongside Jack. Either way, McG will probably play at Coburg unless we get injuries. poo, he might still get the arse.

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #53 on: October 26, 2012, 08:47:05 AM »
If we sign up Edwards will McGuane get a game. Are they not fighting for the same position(the third tall in the forward line)
edwards is 184 cm. only a couple of centimeters of being from fantasy island according to some
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

Offline JVT

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #54 on: October 26, 2012, 09:00:20 AM »
I don't think McGuane would get a game if he was here or not. If we go with three talls then I'd say Griffo or Astbury would be ahead of McGuane. If Edwards comes and has a good pre-season then he may play deep alongside Jack. Either way, McG will probably play at Coburg unless we get injuries. poo, he might still get the arse.
:bow :clapping

the claw

« Reply #55 on: October 26, 2012, 11:06:04 AM »
at 184cm edwards is not a third tall. hes a medium sized player who can play tall and take a good mark.
this  yr he kicked how many goals 17 was it?  extrapolate that to a full season and he kicks over 40. he hits packs he tackles averaging over 3 a game.hes quick on the lead and good at ground level.
we moaned and groaned about a dysfunctional forward line this yr with no ability to go to plan b or c well edwards allows this.we are doing something about it.
we will play 3 genuine talls,  or  we should.
if we play vickery as a forward and expect him to be the back up ruckman then they havent learnt a thing. vickery should play in a pocket and riewoldt and one other hopefully griffiths play kpp.
edwards knights and a small complementing them.