Author Topic: Nick Vlastuin [merged]  (Read 235151 times)

Ruanaidh

Re: Pick 9: Nick Vlastuin
« Reply #210 on: March 02, 2013, 07:43:26 PM »
I loved the way he sensed the occasion and tried to break that tackle and win the game. Didn't work this time but it will plenty of times in the future given this kid's ability. Future Star.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2013, 08:22:49 PM by Ruanaidh »

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #211 on: March 02, 2013, 08:12:50 PM »
Ready made and banging the door down to play round 1. Scarey to think he'll still just 18 and will only get better. FJ has done very well again with another of our first round picks.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #212 on: March 02, 2013, 10:29:01 PM »
I loved the way he sensed the occasion and tried to break that tackle and win the game. Didn't work this time but it will plenty of times in the future given this kid's ability. Future Star.

Was thinking about that and I thught the exact thing. At least he went about it trying to do the right thing. Will work more often than not and today it didn't work for him but it will in the future alot more times than it won't.
Should play round 1. Let me repharase that I think he will play Round 1.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #213 on: March 06, 2013, 03:06:41 PM »
Richmond recruit Nick Vlastuin is raw but ready for senior football

Jon Ralph
    March 05, 2013

RICHMOND draft find Nick Vlastuin says he's no guarantee of a Round 1 debut, but coach Damien Hardwick begs to differ.

Vlastuin again looked comfortable in Richmond colours on Saturday night and, after his fourth consecutive display of quality, a clash against Carlton in Round 1 looms.

Last year's Vic Metro captain and No.9 draft pick added to solid outings in the club's last intra-club match, against the Indigenous All-Stars and in the triangular NAB Cup match.

"He is an impressive kid. He doesn't get too carried away with his performance and he's hard and tough and that's exactly how we like them at Tigerland," Hardwick said.

"He is going to be a player we think is going to be a long-termer for us."

Vlastuin credits a summer of toil alongside Richmond's midfield stars for his quick progression.

"It's NAB Cup Round 2, so the teams have played their younger players, but I will find out next week if I am in then and hopefully Round 1 as well. It's been good so far," Vlastuin said.

"I have been excited about (debuting) since I first started practising my footy.

"(Fellow midfielder) Matty Arnot said today we have played against (Trent) Cotchin and (Brett) Deledio all summer and they are some of the best midfielders in the league, so we shouldn't be out of our depth when we play against (Jobe) Watson and guys like that."

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/afl/more-news/richmond-recruit-nick-vlastuin-is-raw-but-ready-for-senior-football/story-e6frf9jf-1226590246669

Ox

« Reply #214 on: March 06, 2013, 04:21:09 PM »
What else u got, MT ?

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #215 on: March 06, 2013, 04:29:37 PM »
What else u got, MT ?
For an 18 year old, Floss looks like being a gun, Ox  :thumbsup.

dwaino

« Reply #216 on: March 06, 2013, 04:33:57 PM »
I reckon we've been guilty of over hyping our blokes in the past, but I'm real excited about Vlastuin. Looks like he's been around a couple years. Cool head, not scared to have a dip and take the game on already, good head, and great disposal.

Offline Crazy_Ivan

• Premiership Captain
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #217 on: March 06, 2013, 04:42:12 PM »
Can see why he was Captain.

Ox

« Reply #218 on: March 06, 2013, 05:41:04 PM »
can we make him play like Daniel Kerr ?

Offline yellowandback

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #219 on: March 06, 2013, 06:25:16 PM »
can we make him play like Daniel Kerr ?

Nice
It's that simple Spud
"I discussed (it) with my three daughters, my wife and my 82-year-old mum, because it has really affected me … If those comments … were made about one of my daughters, it would make the hairs on the back of my neck stand up. I would not have liked it at all.”

Offline tigs2011

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #220 on: March 06, 2013, 09:28:19 PM »
I reckon he would eat Daniel Kerr if they served him up on top of a nice salad.  ;D

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #221 on: March 07, 2013, 02:56:59 PM »
Vlastuin will be rested this week.

Offline Phil Mrakov

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • They said I could be anything so I became Phil
« Reply #222 on: March 07, 2013, 03:16:45 PM »
Vlastuin will be rested this week.

noo0o0o0o0
hhhaaarrgghhh hhhhaaarrggghhh hhhhaaaarrrggghh
HHAAARRRGGGHHHH HHHHAAARRRGGGHHHH HHHHHAAAAARRRRGGGGGHHHHH

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #223 on: March 07, 2013, 03:25:26 PM »
The coaches have liked what they've seen. They know Flossy can play at this level. No point pushing an 18 year old needlessly in every preseason match before the season even starts.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #224 on: March 13, 2013, 02:06:25 AM »
Hardwick said while Vlastuin needed to learn where to run to gain more possessions, his toughness and good ball use were great starting ingredients.

"He's got some things that you look at him and go 'Wow, this kid could be a very good player for us,"' Hardwick said.

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/hardwick-predicts-a-breakout-season-for-martin-20130312-2fy8j.html#ixzz2NL2CJH2P