Author Topic: Nick Vlastuin [merged]  (Read 237601 times)

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
Nick Vlastuin - Signs New 5 year Deal
« Reply #975 on: April 01, 2021, 10:42:59 AM »
Five years for Vlastuin
By Richmond Media - 1 hr ago

Triple premiership defender Nick Vlastuin has committed his long-term future to Richmond, putting pen to paper on a five-year deal this week.

The contract extension will see Vlastuin remain at Tigerland until at least the end of 2026.

Vlastuin, a star interceptor is coming off an arguably career-best season in 2020, having ranked No. 1 at Richmond for intercepts, No. 2 for marks and rebound-50s and in the top five for one-percenters and metres gained.

Vlastuin was also selected in last season’s 40-man All-Australian squad and the winner of the Maurie Fleming Medal as third in Richmond’s best and fairest.

The 26-year-old said the long-term deal and backing from the football department gave him great confidence.

“It shows huge belief on their part that they trust me to be able to perform for that long, it is a lot of faith, and I obviously want to return it,” he said.

“With the length of the deal, it locks me away now. I do not have to think about that or anything else.

“It means heaps to be a one-club player, and I just love being at the Club. I would not want to be or could not imagine being anywhere else, and this kind of seals that.”

Vlastuin added that playing in big games at the MCG in front of the Tiger Army was a definite factor in his decision to commit to Richmond.

“Playing at the G in front of big crowds gives me goosebumps every time. You never really get used to it,” he said.

“It is a lot of fun, so it was definitely a factor. I could not imagine playing (AFL) and not doing that every second week in front of the Tiger Army. They are stuck with me now.”

The deal will take Vlastuin, who was selected No. 9 overall at the 2012 AFL National Draft, to what would be an impressive 14-years at the Club.

“It is a bit scary actually how quick it has gone. I do feel like I have been here for a while, but when you kind of think about this deal taking me to there (14 years), it is a bit different,” he said.

“It’s always been a fun playing group to be around, and I have enjoyed my time with all the boys.”

Despite reaching the ultimate highs in the past four years at Tigerland with three premierships and another finals appearance, Vlastuin said the hunger to succeed had not diminished ahead of his next five.

“You kind of get addicted to winning,” he said.

“We just want to keep doing what we are doing and enjoying it while we are, and hopefully, that can bring some more success. I am really rapt to continue to be a part of it.”

Vlastuin has played 162 games for Richmond since making his debut in Round 5, 2013 against Fremantle.

https://www.richmondfc.com.au/news/894137/five-years-for-vlastuin
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Online Tiger Khosh

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
Re: Nick Vlastuin [merged]
« Reply #976 on: April 01, 2021, 10:53:45 AM »
Amazing. Future captain for sure. Bolton next......

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #977 on: April 01, 2021, 12:04:00 PM »
 :birthday :clapping :clapping :clapping

Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline georgies31

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #978 on: April 01, 2021, 05:01:41 PM »
How long is out for ?.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Vlastuin to miss another month (afl)
« Reply #979 on: April 03, 2021, 05:07:16 PM »
Damien Hardwick says Richmond’s gun defender Nick Vlastuin has had a secondary scan on his knee injury and will miss at least another month.

@AFLcomau

https://twitter.com/CalTwomey/status/1378226348599042048

:(

Offline Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #980 on: April 03, 2021, 09:00:55 PM »
Damn. Needed him today.

Having guys like Pickett and DES in the backline was bad today.

Would rather Houli and Vlastuin any day.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #981 on: April 04, 2021, 02:17:02 AM »
Dimma post-game talking about on Floss' knee injury:

"The initial scan didn’t show it. Nick wasn’t recovering as well as we would have liked. Our medical staff will speak about it later in the week but he won’t be back at least four-plus weeks."

Offline georgies31

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #982 on: April 04, 2021, 02:50:03 AM »
Huge loss is Nick.

Offline the claw

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #983 on: April 04, 2021, 07:14:08 PM »
Geez a month that is not good news. We miss this bloke heaps  already. I wonder if a bigger bodied player like Ralphsmith is now the way to go in Flossys place.

List short comings are already being felt this yr.

Online camboon

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #984 on: April 04, 2021, 07:23:43 PM »
Where’s all those in the media claiming that his injury was all a put on, no honesty left in parts of the media

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
Vlastuin to have Surgery on his Knee (The Age)
« Reply #985 on: April 04, 2021, 08:09:10 PM »
Richmond star to have knee surgery

By Jake Niall
April 4, 2021 — 12.27pm

Richmond’s star defender Nick Vlastuin will undergo knee surgery that is set to keep him out for up to six games.

Vlastuin, who hurt the knee in the defending premiers’ first round game against Carlton, will have what a club source described as “clean-up” surgery to the knee.

The surgery is expected to keep Vlastuin out for a minimum of a month, but there is a strong possibility it could be up to six weeks, depending on his recovery.

The Tigers have been hit by injuries in recent days, after opening with almost a clean slate. Key midfielder Dion Prestia is set miss the mandatory three weeks with a hamstring strain suffered in Saturday’s 45-point loss to Sydney, sore skipper Trent Cotchin is doubtful for the clash with Port Adelaide given the six-day break and Kamdyn McIntosh was floored in a collision with Dane Rampe and had to be helped from the field on Saturday.

If McIntosh was concussed – which has not yet been confirmed – he will be automatically ruled out of the Port Adelaide game, which has become more important for both premiership fancies after they were comprehensively beaten by the Swans and West Coast on Saturday.

Richmond coach Damien Hardwick said after the loss to Sydney that the Tigers had sent Vlastuin in for a second scan of the knee that showed worrisome findings. “Our medical staff will speak about it later in the week but he won’t be back for at least four-plus weeks,” said the coach.

Richmond might regain Bachar Houli, who played three quarters in the VFL practice game on Saturday morning, and will probably call on younger players, such as Jack Ross, to fill the breach while key senior players are absent.

Vlastuin, who turns 27 later this month, recently agreed to a five-year contract extension that will tie him to the Tigers until the end of 2026.

https://www.theage.com.au/sport/afl/richmond-star-to-have-knee-surgery-20210404-p57gdw.html
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline georgies31

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #986 on: April 05, 2021, 09:39:30 AM »
Where’s all those in the media claiming that his injury was all a put on, no honesty left in parts of the media

Media a not accountable just make it as they go.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #987 on: April 06, 2021, 12:45:18 AM »

Media a not accountable just make it as they go.
Actually Kane Cornes of all people mentioned this on Footy Classified last night.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #988 on: May 03, 2021, 05:43:10 PM »
Vlastuin had surgery on his cartilage on his right knee after he was subbed off against Carlton in round one. He has trained strongly in terms of running over the past week but kicking has been issue. He has complained of soreness when he kicks more than 30 metres. The Tigers said on Monday he still needed to “tick off a couple of boxes”.

The three-time premiership star is a key cog at half-back and will be particularly keen to play this week, for he was knocked out in a chaotic first quarter in the grand final by a Patrick Dangerfield spoil, prompting play to be stopped for nearly eight minutes.

Source: The Age

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #989 on: May 03, 2021, 07:55:19 PM »
Floss on 7news tonight said his knee was feeling really good. He had a big session on Friday before the boys played and pulled up fine from that. So he's going into normal squad training this week and if all goes well he will be playing this week  :thumbsup.

https://twitter.com/7NewsMelbourne/status/1389141402848690178