Author Topic: Kamdyn McIntosh [merged]  (Read 192782 times)

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
Re: Kamdyn McIntosh [merged]
« Reply #480 on: April 30, 2018, 10:38:49 PM »
I had him our second worst on to Fatty McTurnover...interestingly a few posters on BF ('nuff said perhaps) reckoned he kept De Goey quiet...maybe they're right but I really didn't notice at the game or on the replay....only vaguely remember Grimes on him at various stages... :huh
"Tradition is not the worship of ashes, but the preservation of fire." 

- Gustav Mahler

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Online MintOnLamb

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • You have to think anyway, so why not think big? DT
« Reply #481 on: May 01, 2018, 10:00:46 AM »
I think he had a bad one but generally a good intercept player, breaks the lines, he best is better than his worst, in our top 15 players for mine. His major downfall is he cannot handball and his kicking is not up to snuff, he is not Robinson Crusoe there though.

Offline YellowandBlackBlood

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #482 on: May 01, 2018, 12:00:58 PM »
Menadue is an upgrade in one respect (class and line breaking) but a downgrade in toughness.

OER. Calling it as it is since 2004.

Offline Tiger Khosh

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #483 on: May 01, 2018, 12:55:35 PM »
I think he had a bad one but generally a good intercept player, breaks the lines, he best is better than his worst, in our top 15 players for mine. His major downfall is he cannot handball and his kicking is not up to snuff, he is not Robinson Crusoe there though.

strongly disagree with top 15. i dont mind Maca but i had him at the start of the season as one of the premiership players whose spot was in danger. taking his disposal efficiency out of it, he doesnt get enough of it often enough as a wingman for mine

Offline Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Richmond, Premiers 2017.2019
« Reply #484 on: May 01, 2018, 01:39:11 PM »
If B Ellis wasn’t such a scardy cat and pooed his knickers every time he heard footsteps he’d actually be a decent wingman. If he was able to buy some courage from the wizard and found some of his finals form of last year I’d have him back on the wing.
There’s no way I’d put him back defending in the back six ahead of anyone currently there.

If Macca imposes himself more in the game and improved his kicking then I suppose I wouldn’t even be thinking of playing B Ellis in his spot.
I’d like also to see Markov on the wing at some stage this year.
The club that keeps giving.

Lebowski

« Reply #485 on: May 01, 2018, 02:56:13 PM »
Menadue is an upgrade in one respect (class and line breaking) but a downgrade in toughness.

This.

I have macca in our bottom 6 players, handy player and runs through players and tackles like they're not there, just needs to polish up his disposal and make his poor games less poor if that makes sense.

Offline the claw

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #486 on: May 01, 2018, 06:43:53 PM »
Been watching him a lot  and apart from rnd 1 he has been ordinary.

Has never truly managed to get enough ball as a winger and the last 5 hes averaged just 11.2 disposals a game. we all talk about his toughness including me but i havent really seen it this yr so i checked his tackling stats and hes laying just 1.8 a game. That lead me into checking the other areas he needs to be good in and lo and behold the only word you can come up with is poor. The old watery half shot  eyes did not decieve.

Last 5 games

Disposals  11.2 - in anyones language it just aint good enough.
C/P'S  3.4 -  Maybe one reason why hes not getting a lot of ball hes not getting it for himself.
Clgrs  3.8 - fmd a third of what disposals he is getting are useless.
Marks 2.8 - For a 192cm player who does get deep in defence this is not good.
C/Marks 0.0 - thats right he has not managed a contested mark in the last 5 games.
Tackles 1.8 - for a bloke whos supposed to be feared and hard at it this is poor. Its poor for any player.
I/50  2.2 - He plays on a wing most games and hes hardly delivering the ball inside.
Clearances 0.4 - Okay not a big part of his job but fffs hes had just 2 clearances in 5 games.
Rebounds 1.4 - Does play back and does go deep back but hes not running the ball out.

I thought hes been poor and ineffective i didnt realise just how poor hes been.As i said sometimes the stats do back up what you see.

Offline Tiger Khosh

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #487 on: May 01, 2018, 09:53:32 PM »
In fairness I wouldn’t judge a winger based on their contested possession numbers. Primary job should be collecting the ball on the outside and running it between the arcs, something I thought b.ellis was very very good at when he broke out in 2013. As said my biggest concern is that he’s just not getting enough of it and when combined with his clangers he’s avging under 8 effective disposals a game. 1 thing he has mastered is his set shot goal kicking from 45-55m range - very rarely misses those ones.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #488 on: August 07, 2018, 05:53:56 PM »
Blake Caracella's view of Kamdyn McIntosh:

Main on-field attributes

He’s such a great athlete . . . running ability, repeated speed and his size. He looks lean and he can run all day and he’s quick, but he’s really strong as well. He’s a bull, and when he plays on the outside, on those wing positions, he gets some lighter frames and he really bullies those opponents.”

Valuable versatility

“He plays on the wing mostly, but he’s played down back and on-ball as well . . . We like that versatility.”

VFL stint earlier this season

“We wanted to give him a chance to play more on-ball and more half-back, just to expand his game. He played a lot on the wing the previous year (2017) and we wanted to make sure that if we do need him at half-back, or need him to play on-ball during the finals series, that he can do that, and we’ve got confidence to do that as well.”

High ranking for metres gained per disposal

“That means he gets the ball, doesn’t muck around with it, and kicks it long. Or he runs with the ball, bounces it, and then kicks it long. He likes to keep the game simple, and he does it well.”

High ranking for knock-ons

“We don’t really care about how many kicks or handballs our players have. We want to make sure that the player who’s got the footy can gain an advantage for us. Whether that’s a tap on, a kick, or a handball, we don’t really care . . . It’s good to see Kamdyn No. 3 (on that list).”

His game v Geelong last Friday night

“He was strong, he won some contests, he was clean with the ball . . . and he didn’t much around with the ball so much. He was clean with his hands, won the footy, kicked it long, and also his pressure was good.”

Reliable set shot for goal

“He’s done a fair bit of work on his goalkicking. He has momentum, he’s nice and balanced, very compact, and not much can go wrong.”

Areas of improvement

“I think we still want to see him improve his flexibility . . . playing at half-back, playing on-ball, maybe even play in the ruck when Shaun Grigg’s not playing that role. But we also want to see him continue to do what he’s doing – his tackling pressure, his strength in the contest and, when he gets the ball, using it well.”

Hitting the scoreboard

“He’s kicked a few (goals) this year already, and if he can get forward, because he is a really big, strong player, he might be able to get a mismatch and take a mark and kick a goal.”

http://www.richmondfc.com.au/news/2018-08-07/coaches-corner-kamdyn-mcintosh

Offline eliminator

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #489 on: August 07, 2018, 06:17:02 PM »
His game against Geelong was one of his better games. His tackles stuck which was really pleasing to see.

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #490 on: August 07, 2018, 06:40:08 PM »
I thought he was poor again...still misses far more tackles than he sticks....and don't think I've ever seen player who gets so completely wrong-footed by his opponents so easily and as often as he does....should call him Veruca Salt with the amount of candy he's been sold over the years.... :shh

- Gustav Mahler

Offline Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Richmond, Premiers 2017.2019
« Reply #491 on: August 07, 2018, 11:43:09 PM »
I thought he was poor again...still misses far more tackles than he sticks....and don't think I've ever seen player who gets so completely wrong-footed by his opponents so easily and as often as he does....should call him Veruca Salt with the amount of candy he's been sold over the years.... :shh
McIntosh has a bigger turning circle than my late dads old VH Valiant stationwagon.  :rollin
The club that keeps giving.

Offline Owl

• Magnificent Bastard
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Bring me TWO chickens
« Reply #492 on: August 08, 2018, 06:15:08 PM »
I get annoyed when he gives away frees in the oppo's forward fifty for blatant holding...bout as subtle as a brick. 
Lots of people name their swords......

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #493 on: August 18, 2018, 01:01:26 AM »
Arguably his best game in a long, long while.... :shh

- Gustav Mahler

Offline Slipper

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #494 on: August 18, 2018, 01:38:25 AM »
Reckon Smith will get sanctioned for throwing a punch at him?