Author Topic: Kamdyn McIntosh [merged]  (Read 188494 times)

tony_montana

Re: Kamdyn McIntosh [merged]
« Reply #15 on: November 22, 2012, 09:32:15 PM »
Listening to those blokes on SEN - (got caught up visiting me ma  this evening and she doesnt have fox sports) they said hes versatile and what richmond liked about him was he was top 3 at DC in endurance so they think he could also play as a tall midfielder. Looks a good pick. They also said west coast were red hot for him and spewin we got him

dwaino

« Reply #16 on: November 22, 2012, 09:33:26 PM »
They also said west coast were red hot for him and spewin we got him

That's all that matters  :clapping

Offline Phil Mrakov

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • They said I could be anything so I became Phil
« Reply #17 on: November 22, 2012, 09:57:30 PM »
Has Andrew Kellaway's kicking style
hhhaaarrgghhh hhhhaaarrggghhh hhhhaaaarrrggghh
HHAAARRRGGGHHHH HHHHAAARRRGGGHHHH HHHHHAAAAARRRRGGGGGHHHHH

Offline TigerLand

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • I <3 Mrs Hardwick
« Reply #18 on: November 22, 2012, 10:11:56 PM »
This lad can play
Go Tigers!

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #19 on: November 22, 2012, 10:14:28 PM »
I took McIntosh in the OER phantom daft for the Doggies at pick 51  ;D
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #20 on: November 22, 2012, 10:14:46 PM »
Looks a bit like Rance in style and general play.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #21 on: November 22, 2012, 10:14:56 PM »
Pics:

Offline Phil Mrakov

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • They said I could be anything so I became Phil
« Reply #22 on: November 22, 2012, 10:21:00 PM »
Used to a Burley.

Will be no good
hhhaaarrgghhh hhhhaaarrggghhh hhhhaaaarrrggghh
HHAAARRRGGGHHHH HHHHAAARRRGGGHHHH HHHHHAAAAARRRRGGGGGHHHHH

Offline rogerd3

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #23 on: November 22, 2012, 10:23:31 PM »
tick.

look out.

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #24 on: November 22, 2012, 10:28:21 PM »
This kid has already played and performed at senior level

in 4 games
55 kicks and 15 HB for 70 disposals and 20 marks.

not too shabby for an 18 year old in his first games
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

Offline Penelope

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #25 on: November 23, 2012, 12:30:22 AM »
a bit of insight into the kid himself
http://au.news.yahoo.com/thewest/opinion/post/-/blog/14049966/mcintosh-juggles-footy-family/

If he's not just full of poo then he he has some good attributes.
hard working, takes responsibility, takes critisim on board, and enjoys challenges and pressure.

Offline Penelope

• RFC Hall of Fame

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #27 on: November 23, 2012, 01:05:24 AM »

“He then went to the AFL Draft Combine, displaying his super running capabilities, ranking in the 97 percentile in the endurance-based beep test with a 14.08 score, followed up with a 10min, 14sec 3km time trial, ranking in the 97th percentile.”

Is that better than Dusty? Whats his speed like?

Ruanaidh

« Reply #28 on: November 23, 2012, 12:09:31 PM »
Getting picked up by Richmond "Just Awesome, can't wait to get there"...brings a tear to an old tiger's eye... :'(. :

http://au.news.yahoo.com/thewest/sport/a/-/afl/15455156/tiger-strike-stuns-a-gun/

Love this kids commitment to family too :clapping

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #29 on: November 23, 2012, 03:24:21 PM »
Phantom draft profiles of McIntosh:

Pick 51:
Kamdyn McIntosh
Ht: 192cm
Wt: 78kgs

Played 4 senior games for Peel Thunder near the end of 2012. Kamdyn is a tall defender that can play on talls or smalls. Considered a good decision maker who reads the play very well that compliments his skills. Has good endurance as his 4th placing in combine 3km time trial suggest. He also finished top 10 at the combine in the Beep Test and kicking assessment. The Bulldogs need KP players and although he will need to spend alot of time in the gym to add muscle and condition we believe Kamdyn can be a good long term KP back for us over the next decade. we were actually surprsied he survived until the 3rd round

http://oneeyed-richmond.com/forum/index.php?topic=16888.msg340297#msg340297

#45 West Coast (Via St Kilda and GWS) -Kamdyn McIntosh (WA – Def/KPD)
Height: 192cm, Weight: 78kg, DOB: 03/04/1994
Recruited from: Peel Thunder
Style: Ted Richards
Player comparison:
Range: 15-45
Profile: McIntosh is a close checking, disciplined defender who can play on all sizes whether it be tall, medium or small forwards to a high level. He finished the season really strongly and showed strong progress in his offensive game in the second half of the season showing an increased willingness to shift off his man and generate some drive. Ball use out of the back half is a highlight and for a tall uses it really well by both hand a foot. Also has really impressive closing speed and above average athleticism allowing him to stick with his man. Has excellent endurance and can go all day. Just one of those guys you can give a role to and he will complete it, no fuss and get the job done. Sometimes with defenders that’s all you need. Also late in the season showed some ability to push up onto a wing and play some good footy showing that he has a few different strings to his bow.

http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threads/knightmares-2012-mock-draft.956129/

# 46 Sydney
Kamdyn McIntosh
Peel Thunder
192cm / 78kg / ‘94
Others will have him a lot higher but having seen a fair bit of him I am still a bit unsure. Seen a few times at champs and also some of his WAFL games and he didnt scream out the Rd 1 prospect I am being told. What is clear to me he is that he is a good key defensive prospect who seems to have good agility and a good understanding of reading the game and influencing it. I think he would be a Heath Grundy type player as seems to go alright on all types. Testing results from DC were very good.

http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threads/snoop-dogs-2012-mock-national-draft.980620/

46. West Coast

West Coast may lost Brown next year and could stand to add another tall defender to their ranks. McIntosh is a local guy with some potential in him.

Kamdyn McIntosh
DOB: 3/4/94 Ht: 192 Wt: 78

I originally had McIntosh a fair bit higher than this based on potential but when push came to shove I couldn’t do it. The old eyeball test said he belonged in the third round and that’s where I have taken him. He has a name as a shut-down key position but at the next level I see him more as a third tall / running utility. He did not have good games in the televised games at the Champs but in the other game against Qld I thought he did pretty well.

After the Champs, McIntosh started to put together some really nice games and finished the year with four senior games where he averaged 18 possessions per game. He was given greater licence to get up the field in senior company and showed some ability. He had a very nice 23 possession and 8 mark game in week 21 which I am sure a few recruiters noticed. The ability to not only finish the year strongly but to step up to senior level and actually look a better prospect I think will have teams’ attentions.

What teams would also have liked was his performance at the Combine. I am sure most would have been aware of his elite endurance capabilities but it is always good to perform when the pressure was on and McIntosh delivered with 4th in the 3km and 9th in the beep. He also managed 7th in the kicking test which is a nice result for a guy who is nominally a KPD. At 192cm and with a slim build it is probably unlikely that he will be a KPD at AFL level. His running ability though demonstrates some ability play other running roles and if his kicking is good so much the better.

At the Champs I thought his kicking was good and he regularly brought out a nice flat kick. He probably didn’t get it as much as you would like but when he did he showed reasonable decision making and execution. He tended to look to kick most often with the handball only brought out as a last resort. His handballing was usually under pressure and in those situations he looked pretty scrappy. With the ball in hand and under a lot of pressure he tended to panic a bit.

McIntosh is a relative newcomer to higher level AFL coming from a soccer background. He has moved around between positions a fair bit spending time up forward and through the middle of the ground before settling into defense this year. He has shown good development over the last couple of years and there was definite improvement between the beginning and the end of the year. There is no reason to think that there is not considerable development left in him.

He played on bigs and smalls at the Champs and had some problems with both to tell the truth. He was outsmarted a few times by smalls and was outmarked by KPFs with superior size and strength to himself. He is a pretty good mark of the ball himself but against guys who were quite a bit bigger than himself he gave up a few goals from marks. For the AFL he needs to get stronger and needs to learn to use his body better and not get caught out of position on the spoil. With the ball on the ground he is a little hit and miss. Sometimes he can be really clean and look great whilst at others he will fumble a few times in a row. I probably haven’t seen him enough to make a call on which is more indicative of his play usually.

McIntosh is currently working in a bottlo 4 days a week and doing a bit of early morning work as well. You have to think this would give him a fair bit of perspective and motivate him to make the most of any AFL opportunity that comes his way. As I mentioned above I see him as a third tall type possibly moving up onto the wing where his run and height could be a real asset to his team. His skills are neat and he has shown an ability to step up in class. I would have no problem giving him a go if I was picking from about 40 onwards.

http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threads/quigleys-2012-mock.980920/

46. West Coast - Kamdyn McIntosh (192cm defender - Peel Thunder)

McIntosh was one of the key defenders that I rated very highly coming into the season, I think he rounded off my top 5. But I must admit, I haven't particularly liked his season this year and I have gone off of him slightly. He played in four of WA's games in the U18 Championships as the third tall defender behind Rodda and Howson, and he didn't really stand out for me - defensively or offensively. But, he made his league debut in the WAFL late this season and I think they were his best games all year. He worked hard offensively and won his fair share of the ball, and his marking was particularly good even against bigger bodies - which isn't hard, given he is only pushing 80kg on a good day. But that suggests he still has a lot of development to come, and the fact that he stepped up his game at a higher level is always a good sign. So I still have high hopes for McIntosh, and I think he could develop like Alex Johnson at the Swans. Plus he has good speed and endurance, which has so far allowed him to play as that rebounding third tall defender. AFL Comparison: Alex Johnson.

http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threads/young-talent-time-a-2012-mock-draft.956131/

PICK 17 – FREMANTLE: KAMDYN MCINTOSH
Height: 192cm, Weight: 85kg, DOB: 3/4/1994
Recruited from: Peel Thunder

I’ve got McIntosh here as a bolter, and that’s because I really like him, he’s local and Freo need a key defender.
He’s had a really underrated season, and in the last four games he made his debut in the WAFL seniors, not looking out of place at all.
He has a very good rebounding game, like Tom Clurey, and also an enormous tank.
He tested top 5% for the 3km time trial, top 3% for VO2 max, and ran a 14.8 shuttle run.
He can play a variety of positions and on a variety of players, but what I like is his ball use. It’s very, very good.

http://www.footytragic.com/blog/2012-post-season/kristians-2012-phantom-draft/