Author Topic: Liam McBean [merged]  (Read 169508 times)

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
Re: Liam McBean [merged]
« Reply #435 on: February 15, 2014, 12:20:54 PM »
Didn't really get into it did he!

Yep, really struggled with the pace of the game
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline tigs2011

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #436 on: February 18, 2014, 12:36:38 PM »
Didn't expect him to play because he's missed all pre-season and when he did I expected little but...

...Was as soft as butter. It's ok to get beaten by Frawley whose one of the best KPD's in the game but keep ya stuffing feet  :banghead :banghead

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
« Reply #437 on: February 18, 2014, 01:24:12 PM »
Yeah was surprised to see him go to ground so easily, so often, maybe he just got carried away trying to demonstrate his fabled  skills below the knees for the masses......either that or Rance was his pre-season training partner.

"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline Beans

• Jack Dyer medallist
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #438 on: February 18, 2014, 02:05:16 PM »
Don't forget he was playing on Frawley and Dunn who are two of Melbourne's most experienced and strongest hackmen. He was monstered. Just not yet strong enough but it will come.
Unlike Daniher last night who played mostly on an undersized 19 year old.

Offline tigs2011

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #439 on: February 18, 2014, 02:39:41 PM »
Don't forget he was playing on Frawley and Dunn who are two of Melbourne's most experienced and strongest hackmen. He was monstered. Just not yet strong enough but it will come.
I mentioned he played on Frawley and he hasn't had a pre-season but that doesn't excuse you from just going to ground all the time. It's soft and weak and it was a knock on him as a junior otherwise he was looking at being a top 10-15 pick. It's a terrible look as you're out of the contest and it wasn't because he was slipping.

gerkin greg

« Reply #440 on: February 18, 2014, 03:03:22 PM »
He was just practising playing for free kicks, clearly needs some work and proves Jack's leadership is poor, I didn't even see McBean point once. I don't know what we are teaching these kids FFS  :banghead

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #441 on: February 18, 2014, 03:03:52 PM »

Big like mcdonuts vs that Carlton shyte eater. Can't judge kids on game #1

Unless its Griffith first game in the ruck. Weak as water.

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
« Reply #442 on: February 18, 2014, 04:21:26 PM »
I mentioned he played on Frawley and he hasn't had a pre-season but that doesn't excuse you from just going to ground all the time. It's soft and weak and it was a knock on him as a junior otherwise he was looking at being a top 10-15 pick. It's a terrible look as you're out of the contest and it wasn't because he was slipping.

Can't comment on his junior days but he wasn't going to ground like that last year - and I saw a fair bit of him, often in a lot worse conditions and on a lot worse surfaces.
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline tigs2011

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #443 on: February 18, 2014, 04:58:38 PM »

Big like mcdonuts vs that Carlton shyte eater. Can't judge kids on game #1

Unless its Griffith first game in the ruck. Weak as water.
McDonough didn't fall over when anyone got within 5m of him. Yeah he wasn't up to the pace of it but that happens with all kids early on. McBean I was expecting nothing from but he needs to stamp the soft, falling over crap out of his game straight away.

Can't comment on his junior days but he wasn't going to ground like that last year - and I saw a fair bit of him, often in a lot worse conditions and on a lot worse surfaces.
Yeh I didn't see him do it last year so hopefully it won't happen again. Needs to stamp it out straight away. The rest of his game is fine and it will come at AFL level once he builds up some VFL form again.

tony_montana

« Reply #444 on: February 18, 2014, 05:35:47 PM »
Agree tigs, usually happens to players who haven't got the pace of the game in their legs, see it happen a bit when players come back from injury underprepared. I recall when merenda came back after a lengthy injury stint, was going to ground all the time and then became habit  :( Hopefully its a one off and will gradually get etched out of his game

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #445 on: June 21, 2014, 01:03:36 PM »
How will McBean ever get a game... Seeing as the senior side is stocked for talented talls.?

Chaplin.  Hampson.  AEdwards.

Offline TigerLand

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • I <3 Mrs Hardwick
« Reply #446 on: June 21, 2014, 01:09:06 PM »
McBean aside, the fact that we have Vickey, Griffiths, Elton and McBean all reasonably gifted players under the age of 24? Yet we play Hampson up forward with pissa Aaron Edwards.

Its a disgrace
Go Tigers!

Offline YellowandBlackBlood

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #447 on: July 05, 2014, 01:32:30 PM »
After a bag today he needs to be played in the seniors for the rest of the year. :pray
OER. Calling it as it is since 2004.

Offline Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #448 on: July 05, 2014, 02:29:51 PM »
McBean aside, the fact that we have Vickey, Griffiths, Elton and McBean all reasonably gifted players under the age of 24? Yet we play Hampson up forward with peea Aaron Edwards.

Its a disgrace

:thumbsup :thumbsup :thumbsup :thumbsup

thats exactly my point with the likes of Claw on here.

Its one of the reasons people are fed up with the coach. His too skinny his too raw, bla bla bla.

Look at Joe D. Hardly setting the world on fire but he too is developing because he is playing senior footy.

Ditto Jack Frost etc

Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline tdy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #449 on: July 05, 2014, 03:16:24 PM »
Didn't he only get 4 touches 2 weeks back in the 2's?

Then he gets 15 touches and a goal this week.  He is still a work in progress clearly, very up and down.