Author Topic: Matthew McDonough [merged]  (Read 31243 times)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Re: Matthew McDonough [merged]
« Reply #300 on: January 19, 2015, 03:58:27 PM »
From RFC_Official:

"Liking what I'm seeing from Matt McDonough to date. Looks fit and trim, and is kicking a few goals in match simulation so far.

Foot skills have always been good. One of the most skillful two sided players we have IMO."

No More

« Reply #301 on: January 19, 2015, 06:21:59 PM »
He seems to have developed a good work ethic which Im happy about. As I said in previous posts he can play but has to work hard to achieve the right results. If he can find an extra yard or two in pace that would be excellent. Well done to the Donut!

Online camboon

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #302 on: January 19, 2015, 06:34:02 PM »
Will be fighting it out with Kane Taylor for the small forwards spot IMHO, I like their competitiveness

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
« Reply #303 on: January 19, 2015, 08:14:59 PM »
Will be fighting it out with Kane Taylor for the small forwards spot IMHO, I like their competitiveness

Who?
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline the claw

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #304 on: January 19, 2015, 11:11:49 PM »
40 goal fwd 2015  :shh
if only they play him there. lennon is another. its probably the worst area of the ground for us yet genuine sml/med fwds are played everywhere but the fwd line.
imo mcdonoughs lack of pace will see him struggle no matter where he plays. i mean to say how many slow 180cm players make it nowdays unless they are bottom of the pack on ballers.i know one thing id rather we give him a chance to show what hes got in an area he has the best chance of shining in.as ajunior he at least showed he knows how to kick a goal hes clever and has very good skills for  a sml he will be a solid bugger and will be hard to move off the ball.me i dont rate him but im all for giving him the best possible chance to shine and succeed.

in the magoos let the juniors find their feet in positions where they play there best. once they play well then ease em into other roles. we always seem to do the opposite we take fwds and play em in defnce, in reverse we take defenders and play em fwd. we have flankers who could become mids thrown straight into midfield roles. ruckmen who play solely as fwds and fwds who play ruck. we then wonder why juniors dont develop or stagnate.

look im all for versatility and flexability but ffs let them establish themselves first in the role that got em drafted in the first place. also why play blokes in roles where deficiencies are most found out.give em roles they can physically perform or have the skill set to perform.

we are all guilty of this as well.ive called for lennon to be played across hb. mainly because of his skills and delivery, but its folly when you stop and think about it. hes under sized and hes slow. one way or another he will get taken to the cleaners playing in defense atm.

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #305 on: January 19, 2015, 11:31:46 PM »
How is Lennon undersized?

Offline the claw

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #306 on: January 19, 2015, 11:38:18 PM »
How is Lennon undersized?
atm hes probably close to 10kg below ideal playing weight. combined with a lack of leg speed and hes vulnerable playing in defense. so why play him there. ffs we took him as a fwd who may become a good part of midfield rotations.
work on his pace and his size and if in a few yrs time we want to broaden his scope and play him in defense fine.

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #307 on: January 19, 2015, 11:42:08 PM »
While I do agree he should play forward I don't think he is below playing weight to be playing off a HBF. Isn't really a position that demands size.

Offline the claw

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #308 on: January 19, 2015, 11:55:13 PM »
While I do agree he should play forward I don't think he is below playing weight to be playing off a HBF. Isn't really a position that demands size.
as a slow moving player what role across hb do you envision for him.lack of pace limits his role here.
mate the minimum size or weight he needs to reach is a kilo either side of 88kg and thats if he does not grow.he needs to be able to defend if in defence giving a bloke of similar height a huge size advantage along with a speed advantage is a recipe for disaster. is a nonsense.

Offline Phil Mrakov

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • They said I could be anything so I became Phil
« Reply #309 on: January 19, 2015, 11:58:55 PM »
Seems you don't rate anyone at Richmond claw  :shh
hhhaaarrgghhh hhhhaaarrggghhh hhhhaaaarrrggghh
HHAAARRRGGGHHHH HHHHAAARRRGGGHHHH HHHHHAAAAARRRRGGGGGHHHHH

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #310 on: January 20, 2015, 12:15:32 AM »
as a slow moving player what role across hb do you envision for him.lack of pace limits his role here.
mate the minimum size or weight he needs to reach is a kilo either side of 88kg and thats if he does not grow.he needs to be able to defend if in defence giving a bloke of similar height a huge size advantage along with a speed advantage is a recipe for disaster. is a nonsense.

Didn't think I'd have to spell it out but as I said he should play forward but I don't agree that lack of size is an issue for him if he were to play half back.

Offline Fluffy Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Yes I was realy born in Richmond
    • Canning A.R.T.S.
« Reply #311 on: January 20, 2015, 08:05:18 AM »
Seems you don't rate anyone at Richmond claw  :shh

All either to slow, too small or too tall. Or just cant play.

Everybody is entitled to an opinion but most dont pass that opinion as fact. Ridiculous.

Lets see what this guy has offer before we either condem or praise.
Here , kitty kitty. Here , kitty kitty.   AAAUGH!

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #312 on: January 20, 2015, 08:43:50 AM »
From RFC_Official:

"Liking what I'm seeing from Matt McDonough to date. Looks fit and trim, and is kicking a few goals in match simulation so far.

Foot skills have always been good. One of the most skillful two sided players we have IMO."

Let's just hope he carries this into the season proper. Some of us were very glad we kept him, I just hope it pays off.
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"

Offline RFC_Official

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #313 on: January 20, 2015, 08:58:19 AM »
While I do agree he should play forward
He's playing forward.

Offline YellowandBlackBlood

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame