Author Topic: Rookie draft thread  (Read 16134 times)

Ruanaidh

Re: Rookie draft thread
« Reply #90 on: December 07, 2012, 08:37:59 PM »
RICHMOND:
Weirdly enough, the tigers have a preseason pick, however are opting to by-pass that. They will reselect Adam Maric.

http://www.facebook.com/theafloffseason

:P
I originally supported taking A Maric as a rookie last year but after seeing his feeble attempts(bar one) at contested footy I don't want us to go near him this time around.

Offline bojangles17

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Platinum member 33 years
« Reply #91 on: December 07, 2012, 10:09:17 PM »
My mail is there might be some surprises :shh
RFC 1885, Often Imitated, Never Equalled

Offline Mr Magic

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #92 on: December 07, 2012, 10:20:52 PM »
Did Addam have a heart transplant over summer?

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #93 on: December 09, 2012, 01:13:58 PM »
Pre-season and rookie drafts: Who will your team target?
afl.com.au
12:04pm AEDT Sunday, December 9, 2012

RICHMOND
Arrivals: Troy Chaplin, Chris Knights, Aaron Edwards, Nick Vlastuin, Kamdyn McIntosh, Liam McBean, Matthew McDonough.
PSD pick: 5
Summary: Ex-Magpie ruckman Cameron Wood and former Geelong big man Orren Stephenson have been training with them Tigers, as well as ex-Gold Coast midfielder Josh Toy and their own former rookie Addam Maric. Richmond got its wish by drafting Vlastuin, who will add to its half back line and in time midfield, and covered a few areas with other draft additions including Edwards as a third marking forward. Papua New Guinean forward Gideon Simon will be signed as an international rookie and they'll likely look to either of the big men in the wake of the departures of Angus Graham and Andrew Browne. With one of their rookie picks the Tigers might also consider Jason Pongracic, a medium-sized forward with a bit of go in him.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2012-12-09/psd

Offline Phil Mrakov

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • They said I could be anything so I became Phil
« Reply #94 on: December 09, 2012, 02:03:22 PM »
With one of their rookie picks the Tigers might also consider Jason Pongracic, a medium-sized forward with a bit of go in him.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2012-12-09/psd

A Serb for Ivan ? :shh
hhhaaarrgghhh hhhhaaarrggghhh hhhhaaaarrrggghh
HHAAARRRGGGHHHH HHHHAAARRRGGGHHHH HHHHHAAAAARRRRGGGGGHHHHH

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #95 on: December 09, 2012, 02:10:27 PM »
I selected Pongracic at pick 31 in our phantom draft. I'd be happy for us to get him in the rookie draft.

31. Jason Pongracic ..... ( Dandenong Stingrays, Hgt: 183cm, Wgt: 85kg, DOB: 21/04/1994 )

Strong-bodied inside midfielder/half-forward who kicked 16 goals from 11 games this year. Was initially hampered earlier in the season with a hip injury but was able to string a few games together in the second half of this year to play some consistent footy albeit moreso as a forward. Pongracic reads the play well, uses his strong body well to split packs and win the contested footy and he is a ferocious tackler which will very much please his eventual AFL coach. He is also a good overhead mark for his height. For an inside mid he also uses the ball well by hand and foot. The question marks on him are (i) being an earlier developer has he got away with being stronger than his junior peers and (ii) he's not overtly quick due to his body shape so will that be an issue at AFL level. Some compare him to a Brent Moloney or  Jason Porplyzia.   

VIDEO: http://www.afl.com.au/tabid/208/default.aspx?newsid=150385#embedvideoplayer
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Online MintOnLamb

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • You have to think anyway, so why not think big? DT
« Reply #96 on: December 09, 2012, 04:39:21 PM »
RICHMOND:
Weirdly enough, the tigers have a preseason pick, however are opting to by-pass that. They will reselect Adam Maric.

I originally supported taking A Maric as a rookie last year but after seeing his feeble attempts(bar one) at contested footy I don't want us to go near him this time around.
I could not believe Maric could be selected, he has no defensive skills, no disposal skills and had little or no effect at AFL or VFL level,

gerkin greg

« Reply #97 on: December 09, 2012, 04:41:04 PM »
Pongy  :cheers

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #98 on: December 09, 2012, 07:12:35 PM »
RICHMOND:

I could not believe Maric could be selected, he has no defensive skills, no disposal skills and had little or no effect at AFL or VFL level,

Actually if there's one positive in Maric it's his disposal.

Offline bojangles17

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Platinum member 33 years
« Reply #99 on: December 09, 2012, 07:52:07 PM »
Centimetre perfect, he has plenty of improvement left in him. I fully support him back on the rookie list
RFC 1885, Often Imitated, Never Equalled

the claw

« Reply #100 on: December 09, 2012, 09:41:30 PM »
last time im going to say it till tuesday.
put newman on the vets list.

psd jack hannath -   21 yr old mature ruckman with good upside has to be a better option than the hacks we have had train with us. fits a real list need. had a good yr against decent mature ruckmen in the sanfl and more than held his own. this guy is tracking in the right direction and has plenty to work with.
rookie sam lowrie - 18 yr old mid who is  a fantastic size and is very good inside out,  has been injured a bit the last two yrs with breaks. leg in 2011 and collarbone 2012.  we have to add to our genuine mids.
rookie kyle martin - 22 yr old mature mid who ticks nearly every box for taking a mature player we need ready to go mids. i cannot for the life of me understand why these types are overlooked.
rookie alex howson - 18 yr old kpf well worth a punt. the leading goal kicker in the colts in wa.  and can play back.  the list is crying out for another promising tall forward.

i could name another half dozen mature players id like to see us give a go to from state leagues. theres also 5 or 6 kids id like to try from wa.

dwaino

« Reply #101 on: December 09, 2012, 11:25:07 PM »

Cool story, but may as well save your breath. Vets are included in the 38-40 listed players now, broseph.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #102 on: December 10, 2012, 04:22:22 AM »

Cool story, but may as well save your breath. Vets are included in the 38-40 listed players now, broseph.
Yep the vet rule has changed.

The inside /outside veteran distinction has now been abolished. All clubs (ex GWS and GC) can have 38-40 players on their senior list, and a maximum of 47 in total, including up to 3 category B rookies [eg: internationals] and a maximum of 6 category A rookies (with the number reduced if they choose to have 39 or 40 on the senior list).

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #103 on: December 10, 2012, 04:26:54 AM »
Richmond seems set to offer former Geelong ruckman Orren Stephenson another chance as a rookie-listed player.

If so, former Collingwood big man Cameron Wood, who has also been training with the Tigers, could go overlooked.

Read more: http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/dogs-prismalls-last-chance-20121209-2b3n9.html#ixzz2EZnkTMYT

The BigFooty Richmond board has a rumour claiming we're going to pick up former Bomber Sam Lonergan as a rookie.

Also suggesting Shane Nelson, Petterd and ex-Swan Jared Moore could be in the mix.

http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threads/2012-official-pre-season-draft-and-rookie-draft-thread.981587/page-18#post-26626839

the claw

« Reply #104 on: December 10, 2012, 10:35:59 AM »

so how do we use a psd pick.  the only option i could see was the newman option if that is closed it would mean we have to cut another player that wont happen.
so any talk of a psd pick is well just silly then. 

gotta say im pretty peeed with this situation and again it shows just how poorly we run our list and over rate players we have.

lol at orren stephenson if people were peeed off at how poor angus was they are gunna be worse with this bloke.  he was torn apart in games this yr may as well have kept graham.

if wood and stephenson are the best they can come up with they should not be in the job. i suppose they are now thru terrible list management forced to do something or anything.
 what i dont get is why keep derickx on the list if wood and stephenson are to be the backup why keep tom at all. geez we have been poor when it comes to ruckmen.