Author Topic: Who are our genuine A-graders?  (Read 8083 times)

Offline Coach

• Hardly A Prude
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Depend on Schulzy
Re: Who are our genuine A-graders?
« Reply #45 on: February 04, 2013, 06:11:04 AM »
Being an A Grader is why Axle got a 3 year contract   :thumbsup 

Chappy got a 4 year deal. A+?

You dont think Chapman is an A grader?  i do hes a fantastic player.

Chap who? Am I the only guy who has seen him play before and also knows what his real name is?

The stuff is going on around here these days?

In my day, you would've had that post thrown right back at you - sin binned - and you'd have to resubmit that post again.
Where's '65 when you need him?

In my day, you were still pooting in your internet nappy while I was going head to head with Dutchy...with a gerkin flavour a thrown in. Paul Chapman is not a Tiger recently signed to a 4 year deal. Troy Chapman, however...

« Last Edit: February 04, 2013, 07:23:26 AM by WilliamPowell »

Offline Bengal

• Premiership Captain
  • Its Tiger Time
« Reply #46 on: February 04, 2013, 07:52:09 AM »

Oops, a slip of the mind.. reverting to semantics. hmmm.. Still stands though,  He's an A grade defender with great leadership.

Offline bojangles17

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Platinum member 33 years
« Reply #47 on: February 04, 2013, 07:57:52 AM »
Coleman medal.
Lowest Tally since 1975

Jack played them all.......

As of end of round 23

Jack Rewind    - 65 goals - Missed 0 matches
Taylor Walker - 63  goals - Missed 5 matches
Matthew Pavlich - 62 goals - Missed 1 match
Tom Hawkins  - 62 goals  - Missed 1 match
Lance Franklin - 59 goals - Missed 5 matches

Winning the Coleman has no supporting eveidence in the argument of Jack being an "A LISTER"

Quite the contrary, actually.

Having said that, i hope he can take a step toward being one in 2013.

Jack won the coleman, didnt even have a very good year, finished ahead of every other reputed forward in the game, no i suppose it means nothing.  :huhMaybe you re being abstract , i get it, donald trump has more money than me but im richer than him... :thumbsup
RFC 1885, Often Imitated, Never Equalled

Offline Coach

• Hardly A Prude
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Depend on Schulzy
« Reply #48 on: February 04, 2013, 08:03:09 AM »

Oops, a slip of the mind.. reverting to semantics. hmmm.. Still stands though,  He's an A grade defender with great leadership.

Why would a poor side like Port let an A grade defender with great leadership leave for free? And why would someone with great leadership lose his spot in the leadership group? What makes you think he's close to A grade? Not having a crack, just genuinely interested in your thoughts on him.

Coleman medal.
Lowest Tally since 1975

As of end of round 23

Winning the Coleman has no supporting eveidence in the argument of Jack being an "A LISTER"

Jack won the coleman, didnt even have a very good year, finished ahead of every other reputed forward in the game, no i suppose it means nothing.  :huhMaybe you re being abstract , i get it, donald trump has more money than me but im richer than him... :thumbsup

Do you have a problem with reading? The 4 players below him would have kicked more goals than him if they had played as many games. I guess every forward that kicked more than 27 goals in 95 is better than Rick.

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #49 on: February 04, 2013, 02:07:07 PM »
Coleman medal.
Lowest Tally since 1975

As of end of round 23

It's a credit to Jack for staying on the park and kicking goals. So if Franklin stayed on and kicked 70 goals he'd win and everyone can bow at his feet? But because Jack stayed on injured and still kicked 65 he doesn't deserve it? Getting suspended, crashing you're car and whatever else stopped Franklin and Walker from getting the Coleman is on them and is the reason they don't deserve the Coleman

Ox

« Reply #50 on: February 04, 2013, 02:17:05 PM »
sure he deserves it. he won it.
Thats not the point.

Offline tiga

• Exhaling Carbon in the
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Yes Hampson has taken a mark!
« Reply #51 on: February 04, 2013, 03:10:48 PM »
Coach great players stay on the Park! nuff said! Jack's a far superior shot on goal than Franklin. Buddy is Richo MkII. Misses the easy ones and slots in the one's 50 out and on the boundary. Jack is technically superior when it comes to kicking. Buddy relies on freakishness and freakishness is can be a fairweather friend.

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #52 on: February 04, 2013, 03:24:44 PM »
Its not jacks fault others have injury

Why would a poor side like Port let an A grade defender with great leadership leave for free? And why would someone with great leadership lose his spot in the leadership group? What makes you think he's close to A grade? Not having a crack, just genuinely interested in your thoughts on him.

Coleman medal.
Lowest Tally since 1975

As of end of round 23

Do you have a problem with reading? The 4 players below him would have kicked more goals than him if they had played as many games. I guess every forward that kicked more than 27 goals in 95 is better than Rick.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #53 on: February 04, 2013, 03:38:27 PM »
If we can sort out our entry into the forward 50 play this year then Jack (barring injury) will find it much easier to be at his best. Last year we had more often than not more inside 50s than our opponents but couldn't make the most of it. Being the sole target most of the time made it easier for defenders to peel off and double team Jack. Last year Vickery had stuffed shoulders and the alternate 2nd bananas were Miller and McGuane - enough said :help. Jack is an A-grader but even A-graders can find it more difficult if they're carrying injuries and there's no support around then.

Cotch and Lids are our other A-graders IMO.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline Stripes

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #54 on: February 04, 2013, 03:49:39 PM »
Cotch, Lids and Jack - in that order. Martin has the potential but may not have the required attitude and just to throw a name from left field - Vickery. The big Vick will develop over the next 3 years and has the potential to step up more than people may expect in his role. Here's hoping none-the-less!  :pray

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #55 on: February 04, 2013, 06:29:25 PM »

Fair points Coach but he was a free agent so it was easier for him to go. Obviously, Port decided that what the RFC were offering $$ wise was over the odds and they were not prepared to match it. Then again perhaps they couldn't afford to match it seeing they needed to keep Boak and gave him very big $$.

And not doubting you but I didn't know he was no longer in their leadership group. All reports were he was in the leadership group in 2012

"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline bojangles17

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Platinum member 33 years
« Reply #56 on: February 04, 2013, 07:13:08 PM »

Coleman medal.
Lowest Tally since 1975

As of end of round 23

Well thats as arguable as me saying if jack hadnt have come off 5 post season ops and resumed full scale training earlier than a fortnight before round 1, he may well have kicked 100 :shh
RFC 1885, Often Imitated, Never Equalled

Offline Bengal

• Premiership Captain
  • Its Tiger Time
« Reply #57 on: February 04, 2013, 07:22:53 PM »

Coleman medal.
Lowest Tally since 1975

As of end of round 23

Chaps left because we sounded him out earlier in the season and put a very good proposal to him.  Port are no good and will need to rebuild. Tiges are finals bound and on the up. No brainer why he left really.  iirc Port fought pretty hard to keep him but he'd made up his mind and wanted to leave.  Port have no money and will need to invest in juniors.

He's known to be very vocal and a general of the backline, he is a great match up for mobile forwards as he reads the play really well. He is a very good kick and makes good decisions.. He is one of the leading backman in the comp.

Look to be honest i wouldn't say he's an A grader as such, but he is an A grade backman

Offline Stripes

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #58 on: February 04, 2013, 07:50:30 PM »
Both Chaplin and Knights were sounded out years a go according to them....

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #59 on: February 04, 2013, 08:57:51 PM »
Port don't know what the duck the are on about. Hardly the benchmark