Author Topic: Essendon face AFL probe/Players found Guilty by CAS  (Read 565526 times)

Offline tiga

• Exhaling Carbon in the
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Yes Hampson has taken a mark!
Re: Essendon face AFL probe
« Reply #3030 on: October 02, 2014, 01:58:22 PM »

Yep and I'm Santa

Cool.  I've been looking for you for a long time and you have a seriously long backlog of items that needs redressing.
:lol Good one smokey.  :lol Are you happy to front a class action for the rest of us?  ;D

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #3031 on: October 02, 2014, 02:04:21 PM »
Little: "James Hird is the current coach of the Essendon Football Club"

---------------------------------------------------------

JAMES Hird remains as Essendon coach - at least for the meantime - after chairman Paul Little said on Thursday there was "nothing to anounce" despite speculation that Hird had been removed from his post.

Little told media at the club's Tullamarine headquarters, "There has been a lot of speculation over the last 24 hours. There is nothing to announce."

He said the club's board would meet over the weekend or early next week to develop a strategy to deal with Hird's decision to launch an appeal in the Federal Court.

It was, Little said, "a strategy to determine a lot of things, but in particular James's decision to appeal the Federal Court case.

"I think the Essendon fans would rather have deliberation around this in a meaningful way rather than a knee-jerk reaction.

Little said the club would have preferred Hird not to pursue his legal action.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2014-10-02/hird-on-knife-edge

Offline tiga

• Exhaling Carbon in the
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #3032 on: October 02, 2014, 02:11:37 PM »

Rampstar

Re: James Hird removed as Essendon coach (Age)
« Reply #3033 on: October 02, 2014, 02:28:27 PM »
James Hird removed as Essendon coach.

Caroline Wilson
The Age
October 2, 2014

James Hird has been removed as coach of Essendon. The first stage of his removal took place on Wednesday when the outgoing club legend was  given the opportunity
to resign with a nominal payout or be sacked.

Bombers chairman Paul Little is believed to have met Hird in one of his South Yarra offices shortly before Wednesday night's Crichton Medal count and given him a document outlining the first stage of his departure.

Mark Thompson, who filled in as senior coach after Hird's 12-month suspension, looks certain to be appointed to the top job within days.

In a separate but related development, the club is expected to settle its long-running legal dispute with former high performance boss Dean Robinson in a deal expected to cost the Bombers $800,000.

The removal of Hird and the closure of the Robinson case come after AFL chairman Mike Fitzpatrick told Little last week to bring an end to the costly and messy fall-out from the Essendon drugs program of 2011 and 2012 which still sees 34 players involved at the time facing anti-doping bans.

Wealthy and influential Essendon supporters have been urging Little to act on Hird with the view that even a costly payout of up to $1.25 million would be preferable to the ongoing damage to Essendon's image and the erosion of its culture.

Should a legal battle go ahead with Hird, the club has engaged its queens' counsel Neil Young to represent it. The Bombers remain determined to avoid a wrongful dismissal action from the Hirds.

The final straw for the club came when Hird refused to back down from his determination to lodge an appeal against the Federal Court decision handed down last month.

Even the urging of senior players, led by Brendon Goddard and Dyson Heppell, would not sway the coach whom the club signed last year to a two-year deal ending in 2016.

Hird, who lodged his appeal early on Thursday, said he was acting on a matter of principle. Previously he had insisted his only motivation was to clear the names of his players.

Support for Hird had already been irreparably eroded well before his decision to act alone and against the wishes of his club.

The grand final week players' function saw former Essendon footballers virtually united that Hird must go.

Thompson was given a hero's welcome at the best and fairest count and has told the club he would only stay if appointed senior coach.

Hird, a five-time best and fairest winner, was ordered to stay away from the function and his name was not mentioned in any public forum on the night.

Read more: http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/james-hird-removed-as-essendon-coach-20141002-10p3bn.html#ixzz3EwuTSppj

Weapon would be happy  :clapping

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #3034 on: October 02, 2014, 03:02:22 PM »
Tony Abbott ways in on Hird/Essendon  [abc radio]

has a go at ASADA

wanker

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #3035 on: October 02, 2014, 03:21:20 PM »
Little and the Essendon board weak cowards as usual when it comes to dealing with Hird. Nah we can't sack the cult leader ::).

Little and the board should be going as well by the way. What a inept and incompetent shambles they are. First they extended Hird's contract by 2 years in the middle of the ASADA investigation while he was suspended over his role in the saga; then they continue to pay Hird's million dollar salary as coach to do nothing at Essendon while he's overseas studying; then they throw good money after bad on chasing conspiracy theory shadows in the courts; and now they are too scared to stand up to and sack Hird which will force another payout up in the millions.  Fun times at Bumbleland :stupid.

ps. Titus O'Reilly's take on Hird's statement

http://titusoreily.com/sort-james-hirds-statement/

:rollin  :lol

All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

tony_montana

« Reply #3036 on: October 02, 2014, 04:04:12 PM »
good, the longer they drag their feet, the more chance that bomber will go to the GC and then they'll eventually sack tird leaving them standing there with cock in hand

Offline The Big Richo

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Keyboard Hero
« Reply #3037 on: October 02, 2014, 04:56:40 PM »
At least today exposed Caro as a liar.
Who isn't a fan of the thinking man's orange Tim Fleming?

Gerks 27/6/11

But you see, it's not me, it's not my family.
In your head, in your head they are fighting,
With their tanks and their bombs,
And their bombs and their guns.
In your head, in your head, they are crying...

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #3038 on: October 02, 2014, 04:58:53 PM »

Yep and I'm Santa

Cool.  I've been looking for you for a long time and you have a seriously long backlog of items that needs redressing.
:lol Good one smokey.  :lol Are you happy to front a class action for the rest of us?  ;D

Sure am Tiga.  Already got our legal team sorted - just have to wait until they are finished with Hird's minor matter.  I chose them because of their obvious superior skills in putting a convincing argument when there is nothing to base said argument on.  Old Wanta Plaws had better look out - Whatever It Takes!!

;D

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #3039 on: October 02, 2014, 06:29:52 PM »

Yep and I'm Santa

We go to court and I will appeal; have a really good lawyer her name's Tanya

And if that doesn't work then I will cancel Xmas forever and blame everyone else but me
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #3040 on: October 02, 2014, 10:23:35 PM »
Hutchy (admitting he doesn't know anything and just surmising) and Barrett reckon Hird may have threatened Essendon with a unfair dismissal claim if the Board sacked him over his decision to appeal the Federal Court decision. Both said you can't sack someone for pursuing their legal rights especially when the Club shared Hird's beliefs and went to court with them before and during the Federal Court hearing.

Caro said Hird was told he was gone yesterday. Something changed today when Hird met Little and the Board and she believes Hird asked for time to consider things and Essendon wanted time to work through legalities. Such a decision needs a full meeting of the EFC Board (in person rather than phone link which occurred today)and they'll meet on Monday.  Essendon want Hird to resign and if he doesn't then they'll sack him. Caro expects a decision on Monday if not earlier than that. She stands by he story that Hird won't be coach.

In other news, Barrett said Stephen Dank is planning next month to launch legal action against ASADA, AFL, Essendon and head people at Essendon. It's going to hit like a "tsunami" in a month's time.

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #3041 on: October 02, 2014, 11:25:02 PM »
 :sleep

Boring ban the players
« Last Edit: October 03, 2014, 01:58:53 PM by Judge Roughneck »

Offline tiga

• Exhaling Carbon in the
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #3042 on: October 03, 2014, 09:53:53 AM »

Yep and I'm Santa

We go to court and I will appeal; have a really good lawyer her name's Tanya

And if that doesn't work then I will cancel Xmas forever and blame everyone else but me
Be very afraid Santa WP  ;D...I hear Smokey has also contracted the services of Johnnie Cochran who is going to bring out his famed "Chewbacca defence". If you don't know what that is, here is the link to get you really scared https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xwdba9C2G14

Gigantor

« Reply #3043 on: October 03, 2014, 11:27:35 PM »
What I cant understand here ,is if Essendon were so eager to have their day in court and give their view on events ,why did they apparently settle out of court with the weapon,and thus prevent a court case

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #3044 on: October 04, 2014, 07:50:15 AM »
Cause they fact they are drug cheats - would not be possible to hide