Author Topic: Essendon face AFL probe/Players found Guilty by CAS  (Read 561626 times)

Gigantor

Re: Essendon face AFL probe
« Reply #495 on: May 08, 2013, 05:44:03 PM »
 I don't want to hear one more utterance from Dr ageless and the rest of the cronies at bomber land.Shut up and let the the AFL  and Asada(or whatever they call themselves)do their investigation

Offline Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #496 on: May 08, 2013, 05:47:41 PM »
WANKHARDA are doing a mighty job down there.

another farce of an organization if you ask me

Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
There were banned drugs listed on the consent forms given to Essendon players

Michael Warner
    May 09, 2013

CLUB documents show some Essendon players were prescribed the anti-obesity drug AOD-9604 last season.

But Essendon last night insisted consent forms revealed today by the Herald Sun did not prove any of its players used the substance, which is banned for use by athletes.

The forms signed by Bombers players and officials reveal key details of the supplements program at Windy Hill in 2012.

They show some players were recommended weekly injections of AOD-9604.

Injection schedules for Thymosin are also documented. Some types of Thymosin are banned by doping authorities.

The forms state that "all components of the intervention are in compliance with current WADA anti-doping policy and guidelines''.

An Essendon spokesman said last night: "It is a matter for ASADA to determine these matters.''

"The club certainly does not accept that the signing of the consent forms means that the supplements were administered, and this kind of speculation is just unnecessarily harmful to the players.''

The dosages and number of injections planned to be given to individual players are detailed in the forms.

Australian Sports Anti-Doping Authority investigators have begun grilling Essendon players on their participation in and knowledge of the club's supplements program.

Bombers chairman David Evans said this week his club had "never conceded that our players have been given banned substances in 2012''.

He said the club was becoming increasingly confident its players would escape penalties.

The consent forms appear to remove any doubt that at least one substance - AOD-9604 - prescribed to some players did fall outside anti-doping rules.

If issued with an infraction notice by ASADA, it will be up to lawyers for the players and the club to argue why this was not a breach.

It is known some Essendon players refused to be injected as part of the supplements program.

The signature of Dank appears on all the documents as well as that of a witness and the player the program was devised for.

The World Anti-Doping Agency has stated that AOD-9604, which is not approved for human use, is banned.

Asked about the status of Thymosin, an ASADA spokesman said last week: "The status of Thymosin in sport is dependent on the type of Thymosin ... for example, Thymosin Beta 4 has been prohibited under S2 of the WADA Prohibited List since at least 2011.''

Essendon has not said which type of Thymosin its players were recommended by Dank.

Melbourne biochemist Shane Charter has claimed Dank ordered the banned Thymosin Beta 4 from him last year.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/afl/teams/there-were-banned-drugs-listed-on-the-consent-forms-given-to-essendon-players/story-e6frf9l6-1226637891974

Rampstar

« Reply #498 on: May 09, 2013, 06:52:55 AM »
essendon are nuffin more than a bunch of puss infected mangy dogs  ;D

Offline tigs2011

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #499 on: May 09, 2013, 10:39:58 AM »
Demetriou "They is not guilty coz they is Essendun."

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
CLUB documents show some Essendon players were prescribed the anti-obesity drug AOD-9604 last season.

The forms signed by Bombers players and officials reveal key details of the supplements program at Windy Hill in 2012.

They show some players were recommended weekly injections of AOD-9604.

Injection schedules for Thymosin are also documented.

But Essendon last night insisted consent forms revealed today by the Herald Sun did not prove any of its players used the substance, which is banned for use by athletes.

"The club certainly does not accept that the signing of the consent forms means that the supplements were administered, and this kind of speculation is just unnecessarily harmful to the players.''
Sounds like former US president Bill Clinton - "I did not inhale".

Seriously Essendon are trying take us all for fools. 'Oh we didn't use banned substances but then again if we did we'll show in court they were okay to use' and now 'oh yes we went to the elaborate trouble of having consent forms and setting up schedules for injections of banned substances but hey it doesn't mean we used them'  :wallywink.

It's all coming together now. These consent forms alone are a serious issue. If it's correct that the forms stated that "all components of the intervention are in compliance with current WADA anti-doping policy and guidelines'' then unless Essendon can prove otherwise (that these banned substances were still allowed in their specific case) then they were getting their own players to sign a legal document containing false information. That could get the players off (if they claim they were deceived) but that could/should land club officials and the Club itself in the proverbial not only with ASADA and the AFL but also legally. No wonder the AFLPA is up in arms. So that's why Essendon are playing this game of denying any banned substances were taken and at the same time claiming these banned substances were still allowed to be used in their case anyway. If both of those arguments fall over then Essendon are totally stuffed! :yep
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline 1965

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Don't water the rocks
« Reply #501 on: May 09, 2013, 04:20:42 PM »

If it was me, I would have taken note of what was listed and done a little research of my own.

I am amazed that not one player or coach did this.

Guilty as sin IMHO

:cheers

Offline rogerd3

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #502 on: May 09, 2013, 07:52:24 PM »
I'm on meds for my cancer, first thing I did when I came home was research on what side effects these so called meds will occur.

Essendon players all lined up syringe at the ready and not one player thought hey I should check this out first..

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
The anti-obesity drug is banned in a blow to Essendon's defence

Michael Warner, Sam Edmund
    May 10, 2013

ANTI-doping agencies have dealt a body blow to Essendon's defence of AOD-9604 as a permitted drug.

The World Anti-Doping Agency and Australian Sports Anti-Doping Authority yesterday declared the anti-obesity substance off limits for athletes in any circumstances.

The Bombers had grown increasingly confident they could use a loophole to escape sanction if players were charged with doping.

The Therapeutic Drugs Administration this week confirmed it had not given approval for AOD-9604, but said "several other exemptions exist that could allow legal supply of AOD-9604".

But both ASADA and WADA yesterday told the Herald Sun there were no loopholes, justifications or ways around the use of AOD-9604, officially banned in January 2011.

The bodies were asked if legal approval for a licensed pharmacist to make the drug would override the WADA prohibition.

"It is prohibited in all circumstances," WADA communications director Julie Masse said. "AOD-9604 is a prohibited substance that falls under the S0 category of the Prohibited List."

ASADA said while therapeutic-use exemptions for athletes were available in limited cases, AOD-9604 was not one.

"Substances falling under the S0 category are prohibited at all times (in and out of competition)," it stated. "Given substances under S0 do not have current approval by any governmental regulatory health authority for human therapeutic use, no TUE (Therapeutic Use Exemption) would be granted under any circumstances."

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/afl/teams/the-anti-obesity-drug-is-banned-in-a-blow-to-essendons-defence/story-e6frf9l6-1226638953414

gerkin greg

« Reply #504 on: May 10, 2013, 10:01:21 AM »
suck it hard and keep sucking

Offline Eat_em_Alive

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #505 on: May 10, 2013, 04:40:27 PM »

If it was me, I would have taken note of what was listed and done a little research of my own.

I am amazed that not one player or coach did this.

Guilty as sin IMHO

:cheers

This makes sense imo, who hasn't checked the label of something they've ate that  wasnt home cooked? or vitamins/ counter medicine they've purchased? I do even if it was off the shelf recommended by my doc I still would  ;)
The anywhere, anytime Tigers.
E A T  E M  A L I V E  M O F O S

gerkin greg

« Reply #506 on: May 10, 2013, 04:59:11 PM »
made this mistake recently

bought a slab of Stella on sale for $40

got home and the six packs were wrapped in plastic instead of cardboard

read the box and they were the poo 4.8% ones from the UK that taste like ass

wont make that mistake again

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #507 on: May 10, 2013, 05:01:03 PM »
made this mistake recently

bought a slab of Stella

EFA
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

gerkin greg

« Reply #508 on: May 10, 2013, 05:05:59 PM »
pay that

i knew i was sailing close to the line and pushing the boundaries but i just wanted to get drunk

i have taken full responsibility for my actions

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #509 on: May 10, 2013, 05:09:14 PM »
i just hope you did the environmental thing and burnt the plastic rather let it go to landfill
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI