Author Topic: Essendon face AFL probe/Players found Guilty by CAS  (Read 561632 times)

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
Re: Essendon face AFL probe
« Reply #1170 on: August 01, 2013, 10:42:11 AM »
Saad 2 years energy drink 2 year
Vfl franga kid clarke energy drin emo rage 2 years
Travis casserly sudafed 2 years
Justin Charles roids banned

Watson? Peptideton? Good bloke the be

Darcy. Turd. Charter $10,000 to way pasta  :sleep

Edited: not exactly what you are tyring to say in most of this post bents but you clearly accused someone of being on the gear. How many times do we need to say it, you cannot post unsubstantiated rumours about people for legal reasons, no proof that will stand up in a court of law then don't post it   :banghead :banghead
« Last Edit: August 01, 2013, 11:19:01 AM by WilliamPowell »

Offline Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1171 on: August 01, 2013, 11:03:44 AM »
#standbyhird

those tweets were annoying the poo out of me until i saw alan christenson

something like this

yeah i took aod anti obesity but it didnt work as im still chubby

Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #1172 on: August 01, 2013, 11:05:59 AM »

"It wasn't a waiver, it was a consent form - every player knew what they were taking, it was listed and we knew that it was within the rules.
"It was clearly stated and if you didn't know you must have been asleep in the meeting, which Reimers probably was."

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2013-02-06/ex-bomber-mcveigh-slams-drug-allegations/4504638

Jun 8, 2013

I haven't changed my mind at all, in terms of i don't believe that we got anything untoward, and that's yet to be proven but there is a huge doubt."

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/inquiry-has-mcveigh-alarmed-and-furious-20130608-2nwo0.html

Jul 31, 2013

"I don't know what I took, I don't think it was AOD"

C7 TV Specia

dwaino

« Reply #1173 on: August 01, 2013, 12:48:49 PM »
http://www.aflvic.com.au/fileadmin/user_upload/Documents/AFLV_Web_2010/3._Getting_Involved/Community/Club_Resources/AFL_Anti-Doping_Code_2010.pdf

4. POWERS OF AFL AND ASADA
4.1 Under the ASADA Act and the NAD Scheme established under that Act, ASADA has the legislative authority to:
(a) investigate possible violations of the anti doping rules under the ASADA Act and the NAD Scheme for Players and Officials under the jurisdiction of the AFL;
(b) make findings in relation to such investigations;
(c) notify the Player, Official and the AFL of its findings and its recommendations as to the consequences of such findings; and
(d) present its findings and its recommendations as to consequences at hearings of the AFL Tribunal, the AFL Appeals Board or CAS, either at the AFL’s request or on its own initiative.

4.2 AFL has a responsibility to encourage and promote competition free from Prohibited Substances and Methods and to prevent doping practices in sport. To facilitate this object, the AFL specifically recognises ASADA and its functions and powers. ASADA agrees that the AFL retains all functions and powers relating to this Code, including all functions and powers relating to the issuing of an infraction notice, the convening of hearings, the presentation of allegations of an Anti Doping Rule Violations at a hearing and all matters incidental thereto.

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #1175 on: August 01, 2013, 02:34:31 PM »
James Hird has denied claims he asked former high performance manager Dean Robinson to investigate a cream he believed to be a banned testosterone.

Hird also denied Robinson's claim in a paid 45 minute interview with Channel 7 last night that he had met a doctor in New York "that had this undetectable substance".

"I've never spoken to a New York doctor," Hird told media outside his Toorak mansion this morning.

Hird also said that his home had "definitely not" been raided by Australian Federal Police over his relationship with biochemist Shane Charter, who had been his trainer.

But Hird admitted watching some of the interview.

http://www.news.com.au/sport/afl/former-essendon-high-performance-manager-dean-robinson-teetered-on-the-brink/story-fndv8gad-1226689129283#mm-breached

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #1176 on: August 01, 2013, 02:36:27 PM »
Essendon players escape sanction? It's hard to see why

Peter Brukner
   Australian sports medicine physician
   August 1, 2013 - 1:43PM

There seems to be a general feeling that the likely result of the Australian Sports Anti-Doping Authority inquiry is that the club will be severely punished with a large fine, suspension of officials and probable loss of points, but that the players will avoid suspensions.

I am not so sure about that.

Read more: http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/essendon-players-escape-sanction-its-hard-to-see-why-20130801-2r10f.html#ixzz2aglvufAs

Offline tigs2011

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1177 on: August 01, 2013, 04:42:22 PM »
Big Brucks with the big broom  :clapping

Dubstep Dookie

« Reply #1178 on: August 01, 2013, 07:39:45 PM »
I love the Brukster....the Big Brukaroo  :clapping

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #1179 on: August 02, 2013, 04:22:30 AM »
ESSENDON'S D-Day is shaping as August 26, with an AFL Commission meeting scheduled just days before Round 23.

It is believed the AFL has two commission meetings scheduled for this month - Monday, August 12, and the meeting a fortnight later - at which they could consider Essendon's plight.

If Essendon were to be charged with conduct unbecoming, it would likely be given 14 days to offer a defence.

It means Essendon could face that disrepute charge on August 26, just five days before Round 23, the last round before finals.

The Bombers play Richmond in Round 23.

http://www.news.com.au/sport/afl/essendons-d-day-is-shaping-as-just-days-before-round-23/story-fndv8gad-1226689804644

Barrett last night on the Footy Show said the ASADA report could be released as early as today (Friday).

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #1180 on: August 02, 2013, 04:42:27 AM »
The sports scientist at the centre of the Essendon drug scandal, Stephen Dank, used an unfounded allegation about Collingwood using banned drugs to pressure coach James Hird to authorise the controversial peptide program, according to a key witness in the investigation.

Biochemist Shane Charter, who has spoken to ASADA several times, including in the past week, has explained that Dank asked him to verify that the Magpies had been using human growth hormone in order to persuade Hird to get the peptide program ''over the line''.

Charter, who sourced the peptides from China, said he flew to Queensland at Dank's request in December 2011 to help sell the program to Hird. He said he had never sold or supplied Collingwood with substances or had knowledge of its supplements program.

Read more: http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/pies-the-source-20130801-2r2aw.html#ixzz2akDHjVEc

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #1181 on: August 02, 2013, 11:34:26 AM »

Essendon coach James Hird is reportedly considering an injunction to suppress the findings of ASADA's doping investigation if it fails to show Bombers players took a banned substance.

Hird has hired human rights barrister Julian Burnside QC who will lead Hird's response to the ASADA report, according to The Australian.

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #1182 on: August 02, 2013, 11:43:34 AM »
"When the truth comes out, I will be in a very very good position, and so will the football club" (James Hird, April 12, 2013)

As long as Burnside QC, manages to prevent the release of the ASADA report to the public.

A report that the EFC requested.

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #1183 on: August 02, 2013, 12:12:34 PM »
"When the truth comes out, I will be in a very very good position, and so will the football club" (James Hird, April 12, 2013)

As long as Burnside QC, manages to prevent the release of the ASADA report to the public.

A report that the EFC requested.

That's interesting because Adny D (rightly) has said that the AFL will be releasing the entire ASADA report to the public once the AFL has got it and reviewed it

Seems Jimmy is hellbent on taking the AFL on

Is he starting to get nervous?  ;D
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #1184 on: August 02, 2013, 12:15:50 PM »