Author Topic: Essendon face AFL probe/Players found Guilty by CAS  (Read 561956 times)

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Essendon face AFL probe
« Reply #1200 on: August 02, 2013, 08:03:27 PM »
 :lol :rollin
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #1201 on: August 02, 2013, 09:11:02 PM »
Essendon and the AFL to receive the report on Monday.

Here's Essendon's nothing statement tonight

Essendon Football Club acknowledges the announcement by the AFL that they have received the ASADA interim report.

The Club looks forward to receiving the Report and responding in due course.

http://www.essendonfc.com.au/news/2013-08-02/club-statement

Yeah sure you do Bombers lol.

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #1202 on: August 02, 2013, 09:41:17 PM »
Essendon Footy Club = Pakistan match fixers.
James Hird = Salim Malik

Our motto is we are always innocent because we are never guilty.
It's our innocence that separates us from the rest.
Our leader is James our home is Waco Hill.

See ya after Bombers. :lol :rollin :lol

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #1203 on: August 02, 2013, 10:41:13 PM »
Wise rfc footy guy:

Is it a bit much to contemplate d'affaire ahmad saad as conspiracy?

not illegal out of comp. so assume amphetamine family something, not the DHEA of mark mcgwire in the whey protein. maybe it was in the whey protein. perhaps it was inadvertant. perhaps footballers tell lies just like you and i

i also assume this is the recreational drug afl testing. Not ASADA. my assumption may be incorrect.

my intuition: afl want a bust to shift Essendon off the back/front page and restore the narrative to "nothing to see here", integrity (we have), one positive confirms drug testing works, inadvertant but must accede to strict liability cos of WADA statutes
cycling always busted the little guys for propaganda. cycling MO always find the little guys to toss under the bus, but protecting the big guy, by masquerading myth testing works.

all major sport doping has been the provence, not of WADA, but of domestic police. and they are still subject to political influence. see: operation puerto in spain. also france; armstrong had private number of sarkozy who lobbied to change the ceo of the tour de france. who was subsequently shunted.

andrew dillion, brett clother, do they want to investigate what ian collins, ross oakley, wayne jackson know. i thought they were for integrity. oh, you mean, appearance and doublespeak. reverse engineering the findings we will find.

if ahmad saad's name was lance franklin, or nick reiwoldt, this would have disappeared, or counted as a recreational drug fail, just like other tests in justin charles time, never were acted on.

feel sorry for the little guy. may not be able to move dank or charter off the front page, but managed to displace essendon from the back page for a day or two.

if, and i concede, if this is not merely a product of my all too active jaundice, how are these integrity apples at the affal house?

#we_need_more_parkville_lawyers

#need_more_colin_carter_massachusetts_beancounters

#assange

http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threads/st-kilda-player-ahmed-saad-being-investigated-after-providing-irregular-sample.1022474/page-26#post-29438356

Edit: Bents, you need to post the link you got it from if you cut and paste text from other sites.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2013, 04:35:34 AM by one-eyed »

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #1204 on: August 03, 2013, 04:05:57 AM »
Looks like dopey Mark McVeigh has dumped Essendon in it by forgetting he said one thing back in February and then changed his story on that Ch 7 panel after the Robinson interview..

Exactly who was in Essendon drugs meeting?

by: Patrick Smith
    August 03, 2013

THERE is increasing confusion about which senior officials were present at a crucial meeting in January last year when the Essendon playing list was briefed on what drugs the footballers would be administered during the upcoming season.

The drug regime discussed at the meeting is the subject of the six-month investigation by ASADA after allegations the Essendon footballers were given substances banned under the WADA code.

The players were addressed by high-performance manager Dean Robinson and sport scientist Stephen Dank, that much is clear. Both men have since left the club. Dank was not re-employed at the end of the 2012 season and Robinson, stood down by the club on February 5 this season, resigned last Friday.

Essendon went to ASADA in February to ask the anti-doping agency to investigate its drug and supplements use after claims that some substances may have been in breach of WADA protocols. Former Essendon player Kyle Reimers, delisted at the end of 2012 but present at the pre-season meeting, said on Melbourne radio Triple M in February the players were told the program "was right on the borderline what they are giving us".

Reimers's version was quickly contradicted by Mark McVeigh, a veteran Essendon defender and good mate of coach James Hird, who said on SEN the next day there was nothing untoward about the meeting, the drugs used in the regime, and that Hird and club doctor Bruce Reid were present when consent forms were signed.

"I knew 100 per cent that it was within the WADA and the AFL doping regulations," McVeigh said at the time. "Players got (consent and confidentiality) forms in front of the doctors - Dr Bruce Reid who has been at the club for 30 years, coaches - and everyone knew that this had been ticked off. The doctor had told us it was fine, we trust (him) with everything, and James Hird, who we trust, we signed it, then that would give them consent (for us) to be able to have these tablets."

However, on a panel show that followed the Seven Network interview with Robinson last Wednesday, McVeigh - unprompted and emphatic - said that neither Hird nor Reid were present at this meeting in which the Essendon supplements regime was described to the players for the first time. He said he thought Reid might have been at his private practice away from the club. He said nothing about Hird's whereabouts.

To a simple inquiry by The Weekend Australian whether Hird and Reid were present at what has become one of the most significant meetings in the club's history, Essendon released a terse and guarded reply. "The club has provided and disclosed all relevant information regarding the 2012 season to ASADA and the AFL as part of their investigation. Until the findings are handed down, the club is not in a position to comment any further," a club spokesman said.

If Hird and Reid were not at the drug briefing then it would be easier for Essendon to paint Dank and Robinson as rogue operators. But if Reid and Hird were at the meeting - as McVeigh initially contended - then it puts the club coach and doctor right in the thick of the supplements program.

McVeigh also had a different version of how the meeting came to take place. In February he said: "When we were told we would be taking certain supplements, and having certain injections, the club and the players asked not that we would have a waiver form - let me stress it wasn't a waiver form - it was a consent form that the players asked for," he said. "Everything we would be taking, we were going on a different program to what we had been on before, we had never really gone into some of the supplements we were taking, so we asked for a consent form that WADA and the AFL doping code would make sure that it was ticked off and within the regulations," he said. But on Wednesday night he gave another version, denying Robinson's suggestion it was the high-performance manager who called the meeting to inform the players of the detail of the drug regime.

"That did not happen," McVeigh said on Wednesday. "Jobe Watson and myself actually spoke to James Hird about the program in early January (2012). The injections did not start until early February.

"Orally, there were tablets - vitamins, we were told - and they were put into our lockers. I was concerned about the level, it had gone up, we had never done it before, it was a new frontier. We went to James Hird saying we need a bit of clarification around what we are having, why we were having it and what it was doing in terms of our rehabilitation and vitamins and how it is making us better."

After meeting with the six-man leadership group, McVeigh said Hird agreed for a presentation to be done. Former premiership coach Leigh Matthews, who was also on the panel last Wednesday, challenged McVeigh that it was odd that Hird would not then be at such an important meeting arranged to explain the controversial program as well as calm player concerns about the drug program.

Matthews said: "I find it quite strange that the senior coach was not part of that briefing. He runs the football department, it's the sell, it's legal, it's OK and I support it. Steve and Dean, you explain it. I would have thought the senior coach was part of the sell."

The ASADA findings into Essendon's supplements and peptide program could be announced as early as this week.

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/sport/opinion/exactly-who-was-in-essendon-drugs-meeting/story-e6frg7uo-1226690468703
« Last Edit: August 03, 2013, 04:37:28 AM by one-eyed »

Offline 🏅Dooks

• FOOTBALL EXPERT
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • 🏆✴✔👍⛉🌟
« Reply #1205 on: August 03, 2013, 08:16:05 AM »
I reckon Hird could go out and commit the most henous of crimes in broad daylight and his media gatekeepers would still try to protect him...stuffing robots

Protect the golden one at all costs!
"Sliding doors moment.
If Damian Barrett had a brain
Then its made of sh#t" Dont Argue - 2/8/2018

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1206 on: August 03, 2013, 08:20:05 AM »
I reckon Hird could go out and commit the most henous of crimes in broad daylight and his media gatekeepers would still try to protect him...stuffing robots

Protect the golden one at all costs!

We will soon find out if the AFL are protecting him also

In not holding my breath
Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline Damo

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Member of famed “Gang Of Four”. Ground the airbus!

gerkin greg

« Reply #1208 on: August 03, 2013, 09:55:38 AM »
J.Hird "I can't wait for the truth to finally come out"

Wants the truth suppressed with a High Court Order

Dafaq?

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #1209 on: August 03, 2013, 10:20:05 AM »
bbjbibk

dwaino

« Reply #1210 on: August 03, 2013, 10:49:43 AM »
 :huh3

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #1211 on: August 03, 2013, 11:08:58 AM »
i seem to be banned or having computer issues:

OE: you haven't been banned Bents. You wouldn't be able to post otherwise.

« Last Edit: August 03, 2013, 12:47:48 PM by one-eyed »

Gigantor

« Reply #1212 on: August 03, 2013, 11:15:16 AM »
Just listening and reading the football publics opinions on this issue,the non Essendon consensus seems to be to throw the kitchen sink at them and then some.
Is this because  we are concerned of the drugs or cheating issue or is it because its an arch rival or both?
I must admit that at times I have let my hatred for anything non Richmond to cloud my judgement on this issue,but generally I get back to the heart of this problem namely a society wide concern for drugs and alleged cheating in sport..what do you learned gentlemen and lady folk think?

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1213 on: August 03, 2013, 12:04:55 PM »
i seem to be banned or having computer issues:

A check on what your ingesting maybe another option

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1214 on: August 03, 2013, 12:15:19 PM »
bbjbibk