Author Topic: Essendon face AFL probe/Players found Guilty by CAS  (Read 558989 times)

Offline (•))(©™

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Dimalaka
Re: Essendon face AFL probe
« Reply #1380 on: August 11, 2013, 07:24:28 PM »
http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/a...plements-program/story-fni5f6kv-1226695031889

ESSNDON chairman Paul Little insists no Essendon player took a performance-enhancing or harmful substance and says he is looking forward to the chance to "set the record straight".

:facepalm

Caracella and Balmey.

Gigantor

« Reply #1381 on: August 11, 2013, 07:27:27 PM »
lol this reminds me of an episode from "yes primeminister" where to bury an issue committees are set up that will report back in the fullness of time .

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #1382 on: August 11, 2013, 07:40:38 PM »
listening to little and hird they seem absolutely convinced they will be vindicated, surely they have read the report by now
We have not seen the report,for all we know maybe it clears the dons

http://www.afl.com.au/video/2013-08-11/dons-chairman-speaks

:santa
« Last Edit: August 11, 2013, 08:09:39 PM by Bentleigh-esque »

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1383 on: August 11, 2013, 07:53:43 PM »
Bents..i see your point and what I read all points to the contrary of what the Dons are saying ,but listening to little and hird they seem absolutely convinced they will be vindicated, surely they have read the report by now

I dunno, its pretty long and they couldn't even take the time to search if AOD was illegal or not

Offline (•))(©™

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Dimalaka
« Reply #1384 on: August 11, 2013, 07:58:47 PM »
Most blokes in jail for murder never did it, either....
Caracella and Balmey.

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #1385 on: August 11, 2013, 08:39:58 PM »
Brenton Sanderson  Says he's hopeful of finishing ninth so they'll be able to play finals -_-

Brad Scott and Mick had similar sentiments

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #1386 on: August 11, 2013, 11:01:13 PM »
Welcome to bizarro world

James Hird's legal team will call for Andrew Demetriou to be removed from future AFL Commission deliberations on any charges against the Essendon coach, believing the league boss has a conflict of interest in the case.

If, as expected, charges against the Bombers and the club's coach are made this week, Hird's legal team has already decided it will formally object to Demetriou sitting in judgment of the scandal that has tainted the season.
http://www.smh.com.au/afl/afl-news/demetriou-conflicted-20130811-2rq9o.html

Offline Eat_em_Alive

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1387 on: August 11, 2013, 11:29:57 PM »
 :facepalm
The anywhere, anytime Tigers.
E A T  E M  A L I V E  M O F O S

Offline 🏅Dooks

• FOOTBALL EXPERT
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • 🏆✴✔👍⛉🌟
« Reply #1388 on: August 12, 2013, 12:59:23 AM »
The allies are at the bunker door folks....
"Sliding doors moment.
If Damian Barrett had a brain
Then its made of sh#t" Dont Argue - 2/8/2018

Offline (•))(©™

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Dimalaka
« Reply #1389 on: August 12, 2013, 01:57:06 AM »
Welcome to bizarro world

James Hird's legal team will call for Andrew Demetriou to be removed from future AFL Commission deliberations on any charges against the Essendon coach, believing the league boss has a conflict of interest in the case.

If, as expected, charges against the Bombers and the club's coach are made this week, Hird's legal team has already decided it will formally object to Demetriou sitting in judgment of the scandal that has tainted the season.
http://www.smh.com.au/afl/afl-news/demetriou-conflicted-20130811-2rq9o.html

What a complete waste of time and money  :scream

Straws.Clutching.

Like, as if without Demetriou the verdict would be any different.LMAO
Caracella and Balmey.

Online one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #1390 on: August 12, 2013, 03:03:21 AM »
ESSENDON expects to be charged by the AFL today or tomorrow for governance issues arising from a 12-month period of supplements scandals.

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/sport/afl/d-day-looms-on-charges-for-bombers/story-fnca0u4y-1226695161033

--------------------------------------------------------------

THE complex nature of the Essendon drugs saga may become slightly clearer today or tomorrow when the AFL announces its charges against the club and individuals, including coach James Hird.

We say "slightly" because after several days of talks with AFL representatives, the Bombers have yet to yield on the league's demands.

The AFL, the Herald Sun has been told, wants the Big Mac: premiership points, personnel, draft picks and a fine.

But there's also a belief the AFL would forsake premiership points if Hird resigned. The AFL has denied this.

If it's true, that means it's a choice for Essendon between Hird and the players.

The Bombers won't sell Hird down the river because they are hellbent on protecting their points and their personnel.

Hird is almost certain to be charged, as will club doctor Bruce Reid and head of football Danny Corcoran, with conduct unbecoming or prejudicial to the interests of the AFL, in that they failed properly to govern and administer the club's supplements program in 2012.

Hird will fight any charge.

http://www.news.com.au/sport/afl/essendon-rejects-afl-demands-as-drug-saga-reaches-its-climax/story-fnelctok-1226695118390

---------------------------------------------------------------

Players still in ASADA sights

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/players-still-in-asada-sights-20130811-2rq9t.html

-----------------------------------------------------------------

THE sporting community and the media have indulged Stephen Dank long enough. It is time the sports scientist, at the heart of investigations in the two biggest football codes in the country, stated his case.

And not in selective interviews here and there. Not in door stops, not in coded conversations with journalists. Not opening the door of his car, the gate to his house. Time to front ASADA and tell the nation what actually happened at the football clubs where he has been employed.

Read more: http://www.news.com.au/breaking-news/no-more-nods-and-winks-its-time-for-wounded-dank-to-tell-his-story/story-e6frfkp9-1226695163549#ixzz2bgHSKpkW

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #1391 on: August 12, 2013, 07:00:48 AM »
The AFL, the Herald Sun has been told, wants the Big Mac: premiership points, personnel, draft picks and a fine.

But there's also a belief the AFL would forsake premiership points if Hird resigned. The AFL has denied this.

If it's true, that means it's a choice for Essendon between Hird and the players.The Bombers won't sell Hird down the river because they are hellbent on protecting their points and their personnel.

http://www.news.com.au/sport/afl/essendon-rejects-afl-demands-as-drug-saga-reaches-its-climax/story-fnelctok-1226695118390

Club clearly cares more about Jimmy than it does its players, easy choice for mine

And BTW doesn't Jimmy have choice too? He could if he had an ounce of decency do the right thing for his club and players (you know the club and players he supposedly "loves") and quit

Oops silly me..............  :banghead Jimmy only cares about Jimmy
« Last Edit: August 12, 2013, 08:58:04 AM by WilliamPowell »
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline 🏅Dooks

• FOOTBALL EXPERT
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • 🏆✴✔👍⛉🌟
« Reply #1392 on: August 12, 2013, 07:04:59 AM »
How does Hird plan to fight 'any' charge, considering:-

- The specifics of charges are not known to him and have not been decided yet
- he said at the February press conference he would take full responsibility

Unless hes not a man of his word?  :whistle

Who would have thought.
"Sliding doors moment.
If Damian Barrett had a brain
Then its made of sh#t" Dont Argue - 2/8/2018

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #1393 on: August 12, 2013, 09:01:03 AM »
The more I think about it and because I am a compassionate soul

I could almost live with them keeping their points, getting smashed again in the first week of the finals if it means Jimmy gets rubbed out of the game for 2 years  ;D

He refuses to take responsibility then force responsilbilty on him with the harshest supsension  :clapping
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #1394 on: August 12, 2013, 09:13:23 AM »
what a croc wp

its the club that has cheated

not punishing the club - points, picks, $$ etc., bans etc. would be distressful