Author Topic: Essendon face AFL probe/Players found Guilty by CAS  (Read 561927 times)

Offline DCrane

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Belle, Richmond PR manager
Re: Essendon face AFL probe
« Reply #1545 on: August 14, 2013, 09:42:42 PM »
Cloudy with a chance of Speedballs
One Jab Two Tab Red Jab Blue Tab
How the Grinch stole the supplements

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1546 on: August 14, 2013, 10:11:28 PM »
you know what bents, i hate this club more than anything and anyone.

a season completely ruined for what? a bunch of ego driven fools.

Stand up anyone on this forum who hates the blues more than these c.... I cant see how that's possible anymore.

they have disgraced themselves and the public.

ive said this from day one. The only thing saving this club from the supporters turning on them is the fact they are in the 8

Picture this scenario. Bombers are in the bottom 4 as this unfolded throughout the year. Can you really see this limpgots holding stand by your cheat signs or whatever rubbish they are holding up at training.  I cant.

I hope nought smash them by 100 points. In fact i might go and buy a nought scarf

Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

gerkin greg

« Reply #1547 on: August 14, 2013, 10:32:47 PM »
Plenty of hate to go around Daniel San

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #1549 on: August 14, 2013, 10:47:47 PM »
I'm with you Daniel. I hate Carlton and Nought as many of our fellow friends on here can attest to but this saga is ripping the heart and soul of the game and has left a real sour taste. These guys are claiming they are bigger than the sport and I find it abhorrent and difficult to swallow. They have held the game and the other 17 clubs to ransom with their selfishness.

To me as a footy fan at least as bad and cheating as they are the Bluebaggers took their medicine in 2002 when they were found out and may they stay rooted in the lower reaches of the table and the 1982 GF I have never forgotten or will ever forgive, I guess when you are 7 things are hard to get over but Essendon are just destroying the fabric of the competition.

If the AFL are happy and are steadfast on all these rule changes that flow through to and from grass roots level to get the kids active, appease parents who are scared to let their kids play body contact sports and involved in AFL then they need to also ensure that the integrity of the sport is maintained so that adults can let their kids play rather than discourage their kids from playing such a corrupt sport should no action be taken against the rogue and selfish footy club.

If they get injunctions and go to court the case cannot be heard until the investigation is over in the same way that the peptides are claiming the investigation is not complete and therefore not worth the paper it is printed on. If that is the case let them go to court and I am sure the truth will be revealed. Perjury is a criminal offence and Marion Jones did go to jail for perjury as Lance Armstrong confessed rather than going to court once all his buffers withdrew their support.

In short I will openly support anyone the Essendon Football Club are playing and may the Bombers reap what they sow and fall from grace on and off the field for generations to come.

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #1550 on: August 14, 2013, 10:48:36 PM »
The Australian Football League (AFL) has charged top-flight Australian Rules club Essendon Bombers and four senior officials for bringing the game into disrepute after a six-month investigation by the national anti-doping agency.
Essendon, one of the league’s oldest and most storied franchises, had been under a cloud throughout the 2013 AFL season as the Australian Sports Anti-Doping Authority (Asada) probed its programme of supplements given to players in 2011 and 2012.
The AFL had charged head coach James Hird, regarded as one of the finest players of the modern era, his championship-winning assistant coach Mark Thompson, football manager Danny Corcoran and the club’s doctor Bruce Reid, the governing body said in a statement yesterday.
“I have reviewed the information collected during the course of the joint AFL/Asada investigation, considered the matter carefully and have come to the view the parties charged have a case to answer,” AFL General Counsel Andrew Dillon said.
Essendon, who have already qualified for the play-offs, will face a hearing on August 26th, the AFL added, less than two weeks before the post-season starts on September 6th.
The case has sent shockwaves throughout Australia’s AFL community, with local newspapers reporting grisly details of players being injected with peptides in private clinics under the supervision of club officials.
Peptides are short chains of amino acids which athletes can take in supplement form to aid muscle growth and re-generation. A number of them are banned by the World Anti-Doping Agency, including growth hormone and Insulin-like Growth Factor-1 (IGF-1).

Independent review
Essendon announced in February that it was cooperating with Asada and commissioned an independent review which found governance failures at the club had contributed to a “disturbing picture of a pharmacologically experimental environment”.
The AFL, however, said it had no information that any player at Essendon had violated the league’s anti-doping policy. “As such, at the present time, no infraction notices will be issued under the AFL Anti-Doping code,” the statement said.
The investigation remains open, however, and further individuals could be charged, the AFL added.
The club’s chairman quit last month, one of a string of officials to depart amid the scandal, and captain Jobe Watson, who won the AFL’s most valuable player award last season, sensationally admitted on a television chat show in June that he believed he had been administered a banned drug.
New chairman Paul Little said the club would “vigorously” defend the charges but added: “There is no doubt that the club and individuals have made mistakes and that our governance and people management had significant gaps.”
The four charged will be allowed to continue in their roles.
Essendon is expected to be fined and docked championship points if found guilty, which would mean elimination from the play-offs race.Asada is also investigating the use of supplements at Cronulla Sharks, a club in Australia’s top-flight National Rugby League
http://www.irishtimes.com/sport/other-sports/essendon-case-sends-shock-waves-throughout-afl-community-1.1493062

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #1552 on: August 14, 2013, 11:39:09 PM »
JAMES Hird has fired his first legal salvo to beat AFL charges, claiming the supplements investigation report was an attempt to "stitch him up".
In a scathing letter to the Australian Sports Anti-Doping Authority, the Essendon coach's lawyers have questioned the legitimacy of a 400-page ASADA document they believe forms the basis of the AFL's charges against him and other club officials.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/a...the-afls-charges/story-fni5f6kv-1226697388739

:rollin

hes lost the plot taking on every authority going around
« Last Edit: August 15, 2013, 12:21:09 AM by Bentleigh-esque »

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #1553 on: August 15, 2013, 12:31:27 AM »

Mysterious bottle from Mexico sets off alarm

Essendon club officials have been unable to tell the Australian Sports Anti-Doping Authority or their players what drugs some of them were given when they were injected with a substance bought in Mexico by a Melbourne man suffering muscular dystrophy

The revelation that some players were injected with an unknown substance purchased overseas and not intended for use by sportspeople has prompted health concerns from the relatives of some players.

Read more: http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/mysterious-bottle-from-mexico-sets-off-alarm-20130814-2rww2.html#ixzz2bxEXoUjP

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-ne...rom-mexico-sets-off-alarm-20130814-2rww2.html

Bombers doped players, says AFL
BY:CHIP LE GRAND From: The Australian August 15, 2013 12:00AM
Increase Text Size
Decrease Text Size
Print

THE AFL has accused Essendon of administering its players with a banned substance despite conceding it has insufficient evidence to charge any players with a doping offence.

Leaked details of an AFL charge sheet reveal the first count against Essendon is that it gave its players a substance prohibited by the World Anti-Doping Agency.

An alternate charge is that the club is unable to determine whether it gave a banned substance to its players.

The charge is based on evidence gathered by the Australian Sports Anti-Doping Authority -- and confirmed by sports scientist Stephen Dank -- that Essendon players were given the peptide hormone AOD9604 as part of the club's 2012 supplement regime.

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/sport/afl/bombers-doped-players-says-afl/story-fnca0u4y-1226697374877
« Last Edit: August 15, 2013, 12:57:08 AM by Bentleigh-esque »

Offline tigs2011

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1554 on: August 15, 2013, 12:35:32 AM »

Offline (•))(©™

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Dimalaka
« Reply #1555 on: August 15, 2013, 12:38:36 AM »
So, Bents,
what's your take on the future of essendone?
Caracella and Balmey.

Offline (•))(©™

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Dimalaka
« Reply #1556 on: August 15, 2013, 12:54:26 AM »

Don't forget the virgin Mary,kiddies.
(yes, i photoshopped the lines and bags out- she deserves it)
Caracella and Balmey.

Offline tigs2011

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1557 on: August 15, 2013, 01:00:29 AM »
 :lol

Offline (•))(©™

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Dimalaka
Caracella and Balmey.

Offline (•))(©™

• RFC Hall of Fame