Author Topic: Essendon face AFL probe/Players found Guilty by CAS  (Read 561779 times)

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
Re: Essendon face AFL probe
« Reply #1755 on: August 22, 2013, 11:50:15 AM »
Ramps - They (efc fans ) are also saying Ariel Steinberg (turns 21 in a month, the mother said he turns 21 soon) is a only  fringe player so his he and his mother can GAGF

Stay classy bombers. At least left the Caro death threats to one side

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #1756 on: August 22, 2013, 11:55:03 AM »
Hird should consider standing down: Watson
Brett Anderson
SEN
11.40AM  22-8-2013

James Hird should stand down as Essendon coach, if he feels his focus is not on the game according to club legend Tim Watson.

As Hird prepares to take Supreme court action against the AFL over its handling of the Bombers supplements investigation, Watson has told SEN if the distractions are too much, he should step aside.

“The time for him to stand down is when he can’t fulfill his duties as the coach of the Essendon Football Club,” Watson said.

“If he is at that point now, I’m in agreement with you [Andrew Maher]– that’s when he should stand down.”

Watson’s comment come as it has emerged that the league wanted the Bombers to accept a penalty – including being removed from this year's finals, the loss of draft picks, a heavy fine and a 12-month suspension for the Hird.

http://www.sen.com.au/display-article-2013/Hird-should-consider-standing-down-Watson/61200

Oh dear Timmy ......... "IF ..." :facepalm. Hird should have stepped down ages ago.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #1757 on: August 22, 2013, 12:39:20 PM »
DOCUMENTS: Hird launches Supreme Court action. Here's the writ:

http://resources.news.com.au/files/2013/08/22/1226701/993571-hs-file-hird-court-1.pdf

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #1758 on: August 22, 2013, 12:42:54 PM »
Essendon coach James Hird launches Supreme Court action against AFL after Wednesday's stunning revelations

Michael Warner, Mark Robinson, Grant Baker
    August 22, 2013 12:27PM

JAMES Hird's sensational Supreme Court writ against the AFL alleges league boss Andrew Demetriou and his deputy Gillon McLachlan "tipped off'' Essendon that its players had taken performance enhancing drugs.

Explosive court documents detail a phone call from Demetriou to then club chairman David Evans on the night of February 4 which allegedly alerted the Bombers to investigations into drug use at the club in 2012.

"Evans communicated the Demetriou 'tip off' to Hird and other Essendon officials including (football boss) Danny Corcoran and (then CEO) Ian Robson,'' the document says.

It is also alleged the league's deputy CEO McLachlan said to Hird at a meeting at AFL House the following day words to the effect: "You can't say Essendon did not use drugs, because my information is you have used them. Brett Clothier knows the names of the drugs and he will be here soon. The club should come forward to the AFL and ask for an investigation.

"Essendon should go public about the uncertainty surrounding its supplement program in 2012.

"The Australian Crime Commission is going to hand down a report. There is going to be a meeting of all the (sporting) codes''

"If you come forward earlier and invite ASADA to investigate, then the investigation will look better for you''.

The AFL opted not to comment on the court claims when contacted today by Herald Sun.

A statement of claim filed with the court today has asked the court to require Hird’s case be heard by an independent tribunal.

It has asked for injunctions, both interlocutory and final, restraining the AFL from allowing Andrew Demetriou to sit on any tribunal.

It also wants any commissioner who has been given access to the ASADA Intererim report to be banned from future hearings

Hird is also seeking an injunction restraining the AFL from proceeding with any hearing until he has been given:

PROPER particulars of the charges against him

DETAILS of the witnesses ther AFL proposes to call

DETAILS of the substance of the evidence they will give and

COPIES of all documents the AFL will seek to tender at the hearing.

Hird is also seeking damages for interference with contractactual relations and costs.

The claim has accused the AFL of not acting impartially.

It has also raised concerns that Hird will not be able to meet his contractual obligations with Essendon for the remainder of the season and finals series.

Lawyers for Hird filed a writ with the court about 10.50am.

"We will be instituting proceedings in the morning," the Essendon coach's lawyer, Stephen Amendola, told the Herald Sun yesterday.

The move comes as it emerged the AFL wanted the Bombers to accept a penalty deal which would have included Hird's head, a multi-million-dollar fine, the loss of possibly two years of draft picks and exclusion from this year's finals.

Essendon said it never considered the proposed "deal" from the AFL because it considered the sanction "armageddon".

http://www.news.com.au/sport/afl/essendon-coach-james-hird-launches-supreme-court-action-against-afl-after-wednesdays-stunning-revelations/story-fndv8gad-1226700139012#mm-breached

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #1759 on: August 22, 2013, 12:44:32 PM »
page 3 of hird crap ""Oh, hird won 3 Anzac medals" who gives a poo?  :rollin

a whole page about how good he was at football... turn in up

James Hird show will never die

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/olympics-fourth-place-medal/judge-throws-lance-armstrong-publicity-seeking-lawsuit-132542361--oly.html

dwaino

« Reply #1760 on: August 22, 2013, 12:49:02 PM »

http://resources.news.com.au/files/2013/08/22/1226701/993571-hs-file-hird-court-1.pdf

Ok, so I don't know how these things work. Just below the 'statement of claim' it lists all of his achievements. Why is that? What does that have to do with the price of rice? Also, if that's some kind of character reference why does it then start with 'a champion rules footballer'? No such award and entirely subjective. Is his head well and truly that far up his arse? And why doesn't it list Andy D's achievements when explaining him under defendant? Or the AFL for that matter?

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #1761 on: August 22, 2013, 12:50:42 PM »

Ok, so I don't know how these things work. Just below the 'statement of claim' it lists all of his achievements. Why is that? What does that have to do with the price of rice? Also, if that's some kind of character reference why does it then start with 'a champion rules footballer'? No such award and entirely subjective. Is his head well and truly that far up his arse? And why doesn't it list Andy D's achievements when explaining him under defendant? Or the AFL for that matter?

cause hes deluded

Offline Rat

• Future Richmond star
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #1762 on: August 22, 2013, 01:09:37 PM »
It's ' cos in an unbiased environment, which a court if law is, one needs to present oneself with the perception of one being of a reputable and honourable nature. What a joke.
I have a friend who is one of the best defence lawyers in WA.
This is their opinion.
Hird's action will go nowhere coz AFL will claim 'truth' as a defence tho AFL was very grubby in (a) releasing the doc (b) expressing it like it was FACT rather than just allegatns (c) not setting out sources of info ie what witnesses say what.  Nobody will sympathise with Hird
re The EFC -
“A team is where a boy can prove his courage on his own. A gang is where a coward goes to hide.”
― Mickey Mantle

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1763 on: August 22, 2013, 01:10:55 PM »
It's ' cos in an unbiased environment, which a court if law is, one needs to present oneself with the perception of one being of a reputable and honourable nature. What a joke.
I have a friend who is one of the best defence lawyers in WA.
This is their opinion.
Hird's action will go nowhere coz AFL will claim 'truth' as a defence tho AFL was very grubby in (a) releasing the doc (b) expressing it like it was FACT rather than just allegatns (c) not setting out sources of info ie what witnesses say what.  Nobody will sympathise with Hird

I think Bents has a soft spot for him

Offline Rat

• Future Richmond star
« Reply #1764 on: August 22, 2013, 01:22:31 PM »
Hird has NO character.

He knows he's stuffed so now he's turned lagging dog.

Typical Toorak hole.

Mind you, if we lose vlad as well, it will be an even better day.

Doesn't change the fact Hird is a deplorable human being who will lag anyone once he knows he's stuffed
re The EFC -
“A team is where a boy can prove his courage on his own. A gang is where a coward goes to hide.”
― Mickey Mantle

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #1765 on: August 22, 2013, 01:45:49 PM »
No way WP, players have to go

Otherwise you will have the situation where sporting clubs dope their players on purpose and just don't document it and they can get off

There is enough circumstantial evidence and some admissions on what they took

Have to ban them and can guarantee CAS will uphold any penalty if they appeal

In principle I agree with you gerks

But I reckon as it stands right now if any Bomber players were to be served with infraction notice and then suspended they would appeal to highest appeals board which is the international appeals board and I believe they would be successful in those appeals.

I do not want that outcome because that wouldn't be right morally or ethically!!!!

Right now I am prepared for the ASADA investigation to continue to be open while the new powers that they have kick in and they dig deeper than they have been able to before. Then when it ifully complete they can whack them as hard as the rules allow but also closing the loop hole of them getting off on appeal.     
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #1766 on: August 22, 2013, 01:48:34 PM »

Yep it's very narcissistic. I'm sure likewise Lance Armstrong could argue he was a 7-time Tour de France winner so he must be a good bloke  :lol.

https://twitter.com/gahhgahh/status/370370507868094464/photo/1

Offline Rat

• Future Richmond star
« Reply #1767 on: August 22, 2013, 01:49:35 PM »
Minimum ban for players so we can pick them up via free agency when they tell Ess to get stuffed and sue them. -)
re The EFC -
― Mickey Mantle

Offline (•))(©™

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Dimalaka
« Reply #1768 on: August 22, 2013, 02:12:14 PM »
The ivory tower has crumbled.
Suck on This Janes.
Caracella and Balmey.

Offline tigs2011

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1769 on: August 22, 2013, 02:32:13 PM »
No way WP, players have to go

Otherwise you will have the situation where sporting clubs dope their players on purpose and just don't document it and they can get off

There is enough circumstantial evidence and some admissions on what they took

Have to ban them and can guarantee CAS will uphold any penalty if they appeal

In principle I agree with you gerks

But I reckon as it stands right now if any Bomber players were to be served with infraction notice and then suspended they would appeal to highest appeals board which is the international appeals board and I believe they would be successful in those appeals.

I do not want that outcome because that wouldn't be right morally or ethically!!!!

Right now I am prepared for the ASADA investigation to continue to be open while the new powers that they have kick in and they dig deeper than they have been able to before. Then when it ifully complete they can whack them as hard as the rules allow but also closing the loop hole of them getting off on appeal.   
doubt they get off on appeal. That guy got done for ordering stuff online. Didn't take it. Signing the consent forms will be enough for intent to use based on that case. Otherwise I'd expect big clubs just to take PEDs and keep no record so players get off.