Author Topic: Essendon face AFL probe/Players found Guilty by CAS  (Read 561681 times)

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
Re: Essendon face AFL probe
« Reply #1920 on: August 25, 2013, 05:11:41 PM »
I actually don't think they are guilty of ignorance as such. Think it is more like they are guilty of blind faith and blatant stupidity
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #1921 on: August 25, 2013, 05:23:54 PM »
The 3 kids that shot the Aussie baseballer should be let off cause they were young?

Bents not your finest work that. Stick to needling Essendon. Pardon the pun.

Offline Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1922 on: August 25, 2013, 05:43:54 PM »
I actually don't think they are guilty of ignorance as such. Think it is more like they are guilty of blind faith and blatant stupidity

AKA ignorance

Definition of ignorance:

The lack of knowledge in reference to a situation, particularly a messy one. Once the whole truth is revealed one realizes they were much happier being clueless.

The condition of being uneducated, unaware, or uninformed.
Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #1923 on: August 25, 2013, 05:49:33 PM »

AKA ignorance

Definition of ignorance:

The lack of knowledge in reference to a situation, particularly a messy one. Once the whole truth is revealed one realizes they were much happier being clueless.

Thank you, though I am, well aware of what ignorance means

What I was trying to get at was the young players in particular have so much blind faith in Mr Ego, that they were ignorant to what they were doing = blatant stupidity

Semantics  :laugh:

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1924 on: August 25, 2013, 05:57:40 PM »
90-95% of the population.

I take it daniel that you  believe that the talk about the players having a case against the club for negligence in duty of care is way off the mark?
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

Rampstar

« Reply #1925 on: August 25, 2013, 06:43:43 PM »
so are these cheating dogs gonna cop draft penalties at least?

Offline Penelope

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1926 on: August 25, 2013, 06:45:17 PM »
bare minimum

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #1927 on: August 25, 2013, 06:48:22 PM »
 :rollin
so are these cheating dogs gonna cop draft penalties at least?

This time tomorrow we will know

And yes I reckon they will
« Last Edit: August 25, 2013, 07:03:23 PM by WilliamPowell »

Offline Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1928 on: August 25, 2013, 06:58:33 PM »
90-95% of the population.

I take it daniel that you  believe that the talk about the players having a case against the club for negligence in duty of care is way off the mark?

good question

WADA may find players guilty(unlikely) then i guess players can sue the club and have a right to do so.

Ultimately though players signed waivers, and if it was they were happy to get injected with a banned substance, i struggle to find how they can get out of it especially the older ones who have been around a long time.

At the end of the day the EFC are led by very stupid people and the players are not far behind.

We are talking about players who are in their 20's who have been around a long time.

You have kids? Well i can tell you if mine came home and said he was getting taken away for injections from scientists, i would be straight on the net or on the phone.

I hope the players cop bans and i also hope they sue the club for negligence for dealing with ex criminals to assist in their program

Offline Penelope

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1929 on: August 25, 2013, 07:09:41 PM »
if the players, in particular the younger ones, are to take full responsibility, how can they then possibly have a case against the club?

Without knowing exactly what evidence WADA/ASADA have, I believe that they will find  players guilty, as the rules do not permit exceptional circumstances from countering this.
I do believe though, that a number of players will, and IMO rightly so, use the exceptional circumstances clause to have a reduction in penalty.

I dont believe that the more senior players have a case in this aspect and I hope that the book is thrown well and truly at those that abused their position of trust and have quite possibly harmed the health and well being of those that relied on, and trusted these people to have their best interests at heart.

Offline (•))(©™

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Dimalaka
« Reply #1930 on: August 25, 2013, 07:13:20 PM »
Love how an AFL probe is about to become an Anal probe
Caracella and Balmey.

Offline Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #1932 on: August 25, 2013, 10:18:34 PM »

what a farce

Offline (•))(©™

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Dimalaka
What an hole!
« Reply #1933 on: August 26, 2013, 01:30:15 AM »
Essendon is likely to go it alone from its coach James Hird on Monday and pursue a plea deal with the AFL that will have the club barred from this year's finals, fined heavily and missing two years of prime draft picks.
Hird is shaping to continue his personal legal resistance to the charges levelled against him and unless a deal was able to be brokered overnight on Sunday will enter the commission hearing and insist the AFL is compromised and does not have the jurisdiction to hear the charges against him.
Hird's refusal to agree to a ban of any longer than six months for admitting to a legally redefined and more marginal role in the Essendon supplements scandal was believed to be one of the impediments to sealing a plea bargain deal ahead of the commission hearing.
James Hird is shaping to continue his personal legal resistance to the charges levelled against him.
James Hird is shaping to continue his personal legal resistance to the charges levelled against him. Photo: Getty Images
Unless a deal with Hird is reached ahead of the 8.30am hearing, Hird's lawyers are expected to inform the commission it did not have the jurisdiction to hear the matter and that they would pursue their injunction, which forms part of the writ they have lodged in the Supreme Court.
Advertisement 
Further complicating the already complex legal picture it is understood Essendon's ability to agree to charges at the weekend was affected by the legal position of club doctor Bruce Reid whose licence to practise medicine and his professional indemnity insurance could be affected by any adverse finding against him.
Former Essendon full-forward Matthew Lloyd said on Channel Nine on Sunday he expected Reid to step down from the club this week.
Essendon is not intending to challenge the AFL's jurisdiction to hear the matter.
Presently, it is expected to agree to be eliminated from the finals this year though it will be free to play Richmond on Saturday in the last round of the home-and-away season.
The club will also be fined $2 million and lose its first and second-round draft picks in this year's national draft as well as its first-round draft pick - and possibly its second round - next year.
Reid and football manager Danny Corcoran are both facing six-month bans while assistant Mark Thompson would be fined more than $40,000 but not suspended.
Essendon chairman Paul Little admitted on Saturday night a deal with the AFL was very close. The deal as it stands now is substantially the same as that which was almost reached with the AFL last week when Essendon rejected the offer and the AFL responded by making public the full list of charges against the club.
Little said on Saturday he would not only wish for Hird to return to coaching Essendon after any potential suspension but that it would be the club's preference this occur.
Hird said in a lengthy post-match interview after Saturday night's come-from-behind victory that he wanted ''to prove that I'm innocent of 99 per cent of those charges''.
''You look at those charges and they make me sick that they're out there and people would believe that that is the truth about me. I'm determined to clear that up and we'll go from there about suspension or not suspension.
''The priority, not just for me but the club and myself, is to clear a lot of those charges up. And then, of course, I want to come back and coach if I do get suspended.''
Hird said he looked forward to a chance to explain his side.
All parties who have been charged are expected to attend the commission hearing.
Little and acting chief executive Ray Gunston are likely to attend as well as Hird, Reid, Corcoran and Thompson along with a phalanx of senior and Queen's counsel, junior counsel and solicitors.

Read more: http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/hird-court-bid-still-in-play-20130825-2sk07.html#ixzz2czlVfRso
Caracella and Balmey.

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #1934 on: August 26, 2013, 06:58:08 AM »
Gee whiz what a surprise Mr Ego is the stumbling block in ending this mess

Who would have thought  :banghead