Author Topic: Essendon face AFL probe/Players found Guilty by CAS  (Read 561667 times)

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
Re: Essendon face AFL probe
« Reply #2085 on: August 27, 2013, 11:07:28 PM »
Most scary comment Caro:

"Has/can the AFL cut a deal with wada to let players off"

>:(

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #2086 on: August 27, 2013, 11:16:19 PM »
The reactions coming out of Essendon and from their supporters tonight is very similar to Carlton when they got hammered by the AFL for salary cap cheating. A mixture of denial, resignation, anger towards the AFL and trying to portray themselves as the victims of "unfair and harsh" penalties.

I wonder what will happen to all the #standbyhird posters now .... (sounds of tearing cardboard).

Also cries in the night towards posters of Hird on bedroom walls ...

All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2087 on: August 27, 2013, 11:19:55 PM »
Most scary comment Caro:

she wasnt really sure Bents

lets hope they do, then they can sue the hell out of the EFC, further ruining their club

i cant see how any player would want to stay there.

Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #2088 on: August 27, 2013, 11:21:46 PM »
http://www.wada-ama.org/en/Footer-Links/Contact/

If you have an inquiry, please fill out the form below to contact us. The personal information you provide will be used only to respond to your query.

WADA receives a large volume of messages on a daily basis. Every effort is made to respond to requests requiring a follow-up as soon as possible. Thank you for your understanding.

:yep

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #2089 on: August 27, 2013, 11:32:09 PM »
- engaged in practices that exposed players to potential risks to their health and safety as well as the potential risk of using substances that were prohibited by the AFL Anti-Doping Code and the World Anti-Doping Code;

- failed to devise or implement adequate systems or processes to ensure that some substances provided to and used by players were safe and were compliant with the AFL Anti-Doping Code and the World Anti-Doping Code;
failed to have proper regard to player health and safety, including failing to ensure that some substances had no potentially negative effects on players;

- EFC failed to ensure it adequately protected the health, welfare and safety of the players;
there was a risk that Essendon players could have been administered substances prohibited by the AFL Anti-Doping Code and the World Anti-Doping Code and any such risk is an unacceptable risk; and

- EFC is unable now to determine whether players were administered some substances prohibited by the AFL Anti-Doping Code and the World Anti-Doping Code,

The AFL acknowledges that neither EFC nor any of the individuals charged set out to implement a supplements program that would result in players being administered prohibited or potentially harmful substances.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2013-08-27/list-of-charges-against-essendon-and-its-officials
It doesn't matter whether you took a banned substance by accident or that you weren't intending to cheat; you still cop a ban.

It's now up to ASADA to determine if tonight's verdict is all there is or if there's enough/more evidence regarding players being allegedly given WADA banned substance(s). While Essendon can move on,  this investigation still hangs over the heads of the Bombers' players.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #2090 on: August 27, 2013, 11:38:30 PM »
- engaged in practices that exposed players to potential risks to their health and safety as well as the potential risk of using substances that were prohibited by the AFL Anti-Doping Code and the World Anti-Doping Code;

- failed to devise or implement adequate systems or processes to ensure that some substances provided to and used by players were safe and were compliant with the AFL Anti-Doping Code and the World Anti-Doping Code;
failed to have proper regard to player health and safety, including failing to ensure that some substances had no potentially negative effects on players;

- EFC failed to ensure it adequately protected the health, welfare and safety of the players;
there was a risk that Essendon players could have been administered substances prohibited by the AFL Anti-Doping Code and the World Anti-Doping Code and any such risk is an unacceptable risk; and

- EFC is unable now to determine whether players were administered some substances prohibited by the AFL Anti-Doping Code and the World Anti-Doping Code,

The AFL acknowledges that neither EFC nor any of the individuals charged set out to implement a supplements program that would result in players being administered prohibited or potentially harmful substances.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2013-08-27/list-of-charges-against-essendon-and-its-officials
It doesn't matter whether you took a banned substance by accident or that you weren't intending to cheat; you still cop a ban.

It's now up to ASADA to determine if tonight's verdict is all there is or if there's enough/more evidence regarding players being allegedly given WADA banned substance(s). While Essendon can move on,  this investigation still hangs over the heads of the Bombers' players.

The AFL will ask ASADA dont do anything please, until after the grand final.

Offline Rat

• Future Richmond star
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #2091 on: August 27, 2013, 11:42:54 PM »

It's not over yet, fullas.
re The EFC -
“A team is where a boy can prove his courage on his own. A gang is where a coward goes to hide.”
― Mickey Mantle

Offline DCrane

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Belle, Richmond PR manager
« Reply #2092 on: August 27, 2013, 11:59:32 PM »

Offline Rat

• Future Richmond star
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #2093 on: August 28, 2013, 12:33:04 AM »

"And then i said, we haven't even been allowed to have our say yet!!"
re The EFC -
“A team is where a boy can prove his courage on his own. A gang is where a coward goes to hide.”
― Mickey Mantle

Offline tigs2011

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2094 on: August 28, 2013, 01:28:48 AM »
 :lol

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #2095 on: August 28, 2013, 07:01:50 AM »
Most scary comment Caro:

WADA doesn't do deals  ;D
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2096 on: August 28, 2013, 07:45:28 AM »
Most scary comment Caro:

lets hope they do, then they can sue the hell out of the EFC, further ruining their club

if the player have to take responsibility for their own actions what basis do they have to sue or want to leave the club?
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

Offline Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2097 on: August 28, 2013, 08:51:26 AM »
Most scary comment Caro:

if the player have to take responsibility for their own actions what basis do they have to sue or want to leave the club?

lets hope not but i would say evidence of harm to their health would do it in a massive way.

Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

gerkin greg

« Reply #2098 on: August 28, 2013, 10:13:52 AM »
Stripped of draft picks for the second time in 15 years

What a ****ing disgrace

My EAD prayers go out to: Robbo, Rohan, Lloydy, Spike, Emma Quayle, Juilian De Stoop, Timmy, Charlie Pickering, the Costellos, the Peacocks, the Demetrious, the Hirds, Brian Mannix ... have I missed anyone?

Offline tigs2011

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2099 on: August 28, 2013, 10:34:24 AM »
Stripped of draft picks for the second time in 15 years

What a ****ing disgrace

My EAD prayers go out to: Robbo, Rohan, Lloydy, Spike, Emma Quayle, Juilian De Stoop, Timmy, Charlie Pickering, the Costellos, the Peacocks, the Demetrious, the Hirds, Brian Mannix ... have I missed anyone?
Fat boy Hurley, Autumn leaves Jetta, softie goddard, jabba watson, gerard whateley