Author Topic: Essendon face AFL probe/Players found Guilty by CAS  (Read 561850 times)

Offline Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Essendon face AFL probe
« Reply #2670 on: June 27, 2014, 04:25:59 PM »
Are the public allowed to attend these court sessions?

mate il be like newman in the last episode of seinfeld in that room.

Better yet Babu the Pakistani immigrant waving his finger going very very very bad man.
Personally I'll be the Soup Nazi even though I want to be the lawyer ending up with Teri Hatcher. :thumbsup
Here's hoping to Essendon and Hird punishments "They're real and they're spectacular." :lol :rollin :lol

hahaha  :thumbsup :thumbsup

gold
Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #2671 on: June 27, 2014, 06:46:50 PM »
Any ban covers off season and in season times, it isn't like a tribunal suspension for a number of games.

The offer is if the players plead guilty they would be suspended for 6 months from say July 1.

Then they will be able to resume on January 1, but for that six months they can't play, train or do anything else officially.

When Warnie was suspended and preparing to return he couldn't train with any contracted player or at any officially funded venue or with any coaches or officials.

So he would have to arrange a venue himself like a school and go and have a net with people outside the system ie club cricketers or mates.

If the Essendon players copped this they miss all the games left this season and have to do their pre-season independently.

It sounds a bit Mickey Mouse but WADA enforce it strongly, they can access phone records and bank statements to check contact and who is funding training etc...

Yep perfect summary TBR

Doesn't the sentence have to be served during the season

I'm sure WP or someone else said that

That's ridiculous if not true

See TBR's summary above,cel pains it perfectly

The 6 months includes games and going anywhere near the club. So they would need to train on their own.

"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline The Big Richo

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Keyboard Hero
« Reply #2672 on: June 27, 2014, 07:56:40 PM »
Same goes for all the services players access through clubs, physios, dieticians, Drs etc

The players have to arrange those themselves and cannot use anyone employed by a club.
Who isn't a fan of the thinking man's orange Tim Fleming?

Gerks 27/6/11

But you see, it's not me, it's not my family.
In your head, in your head they are fighting,
With their tanks and their bombs,
And their bombs and their guns.
In your head, in your head, they are crying...

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #2673 on: June 27, 2014, 08:57:44 PM »
Same goes for all the services players access through clubs, physios, dieticians, Drs etc

The players have to arrange those themselves and cannot use anyone employed by a club.

Yep

Only thing I'd like to know is would the banned players be allowed to train with one another? I doubt it but would be interested to know

Offline (•))(©™

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Dimalaka
« Reply #2674 on: June 27, 2014, 09:11:16 PM »

Yep

Only thing I'd like to know is would the banned players be allowed to train with one another? I doubt it but would be interested to know

Is the consorting with a known crackhead law applicable?
Caracella and Balmey.

Offline The Big Richo

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Keyboard Hero
« Reply #2675 on: June 27, 2014, 09:11:43 PM »
I would say almost certainly not.

Having been involved in the Australian Cricket set-up when Warnie was suspended it was made clear to all his team mates at Aus and Vic that they could not train with him so I'd be amazed if a suspended player was any different.

There was one occasion during the suspension when Warnie had a bowl in the Adelaide Oval nets with Terry Jenner coaching and Ian Healy (who was retired) wicketkeeping and it took less than a day for WADA to be sniffing around him for using the facilities.

Turned out the Adelaide Oval nets were available to the public to hire so it was all good but one thing is for sure they are always watching, especially with the high profile stuff.
Who isn't a fan of the thinking man's orange Tim Fleming?

Gerks 27/6/11

But you see, it's not me, it's not my family.
In your head, in your head they are fighting,
With their tanks and their bombs,
And their bombs and their guns.
In your head, in your head, they are crying...

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #2676 on: June 27, 2014, 11:13:19 PM »
ESSENDON has lost its bid to put ASADA's investigation on hold.

The AFL club argued in Federal Court that its players should not have to respond to the allegations until after Essendon concludes its court battle with the anti-doping authority.

But Justice John Middleton rejected the application for an injunction, meaning players could have just 14 days to respond to the allegations after receipt of notice which could be delivered any time from next Tuesday.

Read more: http://www.afl.com.au/news/2014-06-27/dons-in-court

What a shame lol.

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #2677 on: June 27, 2014, 11:19:21 PM »
Is there more of this live telecast? If so where

Offline (•))(©™

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Dimalaka
« Reply #2678 on: June 28, 2014, 12:22:51 AM »
PICK THE 34 PLAYERS AND

WIN !!!
Caracella and Balmey.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #2679 on: July 03, 2014, 04:12:39 AM »
Chief AFL medical officer Peter Harcourt has revealed suspicions of Essendon's illegal use of peptides and supplements were so strong that players were tested by the Australian Sports Anti-Doping Authority in 2012, and fears some players could eventually suffer from ''hormonal issues or cancers''.

Harcourt disclosed this during a speech at a FIFA anti-doping sports conference in Zurich in November.

Read more:
http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/cancer-fears-for-essendon-players-tests-will-continue-for-many-years-20140702-zstsp.html
http://www.news.com.au/sport/afl/afl-sent-specimen-samples-of-essendon-players-overseas-in-2012-months-before-club-selfreported/story-fnelctok-1226975648048

Robbo with his red & black glasses on of course tries to spin this away  ::) from how damning of Essendon, Harcourt was in his speech.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/revelations-from-dr-john-harcourts-speech-in-zurich-raises-questions-about-afls-actions/story-fni5f0at-1226975677824

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #2680 on: July 03, 2014, 01:10:15 PM »
The big c

"One thing we have to deal with, and this is the sobering element, my job now is to work out a program to monitor the players for the next five to 10 years, because they were given such exotic substances, many of them growth factors, which means that we are looking at potential hormonal issues or cancers.

"So now we have to go through a process of looking after these 35-odd players just to make sure nothing really nasty happened to them from this crazy activity that individuals allowed to occur at the club.''

Good work jimmy Hird  :bow

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #2681 on: July 03, 2014, 07:52:06 PM »
Sen is unbearable withfine, rRalf cheer leading flogs

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #2682 on: July 03, 2014, 09:22:06 PM »
The big c

Care to explain the above Bents?

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2683 on: July 03, 2014, 09:33:59 PM »
The big c

Care to explain the above Bents?

Cancer would be my guess, as mentioned in the article.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #2684 on: July 04, 2014, 01:17:55 PM »
Damian Barrett's blunt message to Essendon supporters:

IF .... you want to continue to allow yourself to be brainwashed by those running the club now...    

THEN ….. fine. But find some space in your brain for Switkowski's findings too: "... a disturbing picture of a pharmacologically experimental environment never adequately controlled or challenged or documented within the club".

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2014-07-04/sliding-doors-round-16