Author Topic: Essendon face AFL probe/Players found Guilty by CAS  (Read 558991 times)

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
Re: Essendon face AFL probe
« Reply #2760 on: August 12, 2014, 12:12:46 PM »
https://mobile.twitter.com/ChrisKaias

Have to say Chris Kaias is doing a brillaint job tweeting detaisl of the trial through  :clapping
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #2761 on: August 12, 2014, 01:41:11 PM »
There is a very small part of me and it is minuscule TBBH that would be prepared to see the players get off if it meant James Hird was banished from AFL footy forever

Which is what he deserves, as Caro said he just doesn't get it

Offline 🏅Dooks

• FOOTBALL EXPERT
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • 🏆✴✔👍⛉🌟
« Reply #2762 on: August 12, 2014, 02:07:47 PM »
Hird: "at no time have I said something in public that I didn't believe was the truth". Mcnicol visibly excited and asked him to repeat it
10:27am - 12 Aug 14

James playing the ignorance/naive card.....irrespective, that statement will come back to bite.
"Sliding doors moment.
If Damian Barrett had a brain
Then its made of sh#t" Dont Argue - 2/8/2018

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #2763 on: August 12, 2014, 02:09:28 PM »
Only yesterday. In court. Under oath he said a contradictory statement.  :sleep

Offline tigs2011

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2764 on: August 12, 2014, 05:31:31 PM »
Only yesterday. In court. Under oath he said a contradictory statement.  :sleep
Lmao I thought the same. Drugs are getting to his brain.  :whistle

Offline (•))(©™

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Dimalaka
« Reply #2765 on: August 12, 2014, 05:49:46 PM »
The judge will have made the same observation, which is a good thing :fencing
Caracella and Balmey.

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #2766 on: August 12, 2014, 06:43:21 PM »
Not a great day for ASADA in court today

Ms Andruska was great on the stand

Big day tomorrow.

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2767 on: August 12, 2014, 07:09:43 PM »

Big day tomorrow.

Any big revelations?

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #2768 on: August 12, 2014, 08:40:51 PM »

Big day tomorrow.

Any big revelations?

Not really

She said "I can't recall" a lot, which was disappointing from the ASADA case point of view I reckon. Also despite having taken notes re a meeting with Andy D and a couple of others she couldn't remember the meeting

Though there was one thing that stood out for me. And that was she said ASADA had suspicions about Essendon back in 2011, that she had certain samples frozen because our testing weren't advance enough re the latest peptides at that time. Sent the frozen samples to Germany and the result came back "inconclusive" and from that she said ASADA believed they might be onto something and they increased vigilance etc

Online one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #2769 on: August 14, 2014, 12:43:49 AM »
ASADA can reissue doping claims against Essendon
AAP 
August 13, 2014 7:30 PM

ASADA has warned it could reissue doping allegations against Essendon players within 24 hours if its investigation is found to be illegal.

Essendon's court battle with the anti-doping body has concluded with Justice John Middleton reserving his decision on whether the Australian Sports Anti-Doping Authority and the AFL's probe of Essendon was unlawful.

But ASADA believes it could simply reacquire the investigation details from the AFL and renew its pursuit of the Bombers, regardless of the outcome.

"ASADA can reacquire the same information, could do it within 24 hours," ASADA barrister Tom Howe QC told the Federal Court.

"It then stands possessed by the CEO of ASADA, it's in his mind and he reissues identical show cause notices.

"There's no point in setting aside those notices."

But suspended coach James Hird's barrister, Peter Hanks QC, said ASADA could not take the investigation details from the AFL, saying that information is "the product of an unlawful act".

The Federal Court trial concluded on Wednesday with Justice Middleton to deliver his ruling in coming weeks.

ASADA's national operations manager Trevor Burgess told the trial that the AFL had its "ducks lined up" to suspend Hird about two months before the league sanctioned the club.

A note taken by Mr Burgess and read to court said "Coach, minimum six months or much longer".

Others read "player support staff, AFL will go them" and "non players still will go down, ducks all lined up".

Mr Burgess said he was told these things during a discussion with an employee of the then-Labor government in June 2013, who had been briefed by an AFL employee.

Mr Burgess also said he was told by the AFL on a separate occasion its own employees would write a report to punish Essendon if ASADA did not deliver an interim report.

"(AFL) said 'If you don't give us the report we'll have to sit down one weekend and do it ourselves'," Mr Burgess' note read.

He said he believed the AFL had enough information to complete its own report, based on its presence in interviews with Essendon players.

ASADA did provide Essendon with an interim report into its investigation in August, which the League used to ban the Bombers from the 2013 finals and suspend Hird.

Essendon has argued ASADA had no right to include the AFL in its doping probe of the Bombers, but did so to ensure it had the power to force players to face interviews.

"That is why it had to be a joint investigation," Essendon's barrister Neil Young QC said.

"Once they (AFL) are at the interview, you have crossed the line."

Mr Howe on Wednesday directed Justice Middleton to several clauses in the National Anti-Doping (NAD) scheme, which allows ASADA to acquire information from sporting bodies like the AFL.

"ASADA is empowered to conduct investigations and it's empowered to acquire and disclose information," he said.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2014-08-13/asada-can-reissue-doping-allegations-

dwaino

« Reply #2770 on: August 14, 2014, 07:26:40 AM »
What's the point in ASADA and the AFL if they can't investigate cheating? Sounds like a free pass for everyone to get on the gear. Get it done Tiges.

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #2771 on: August 14, 2014, 11:19:13 AM »
What's the point in ASADA and the AFL if they can't investigate cheating? Sounds like a free pass for everyone to get on the gear. Get it done Tiges.

:pray

Imagine Rance and Maric on the horse juice

Lids, Chimp, Martin

itd be like the Harlem globe trotters

:pray

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2772 on: August 14, 2014, 12:26:49 PM »
From what im reading of this debacle it seems the cheats might get out of this one.

Have had a good days in court it seems and IMO if they get out of this followed by no player sanctions, then everyone involved with the afl should hand in their resignation including the current flog who is heading the league.

A gillard government combining with andy d was always going to stuff this up somehow.
Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #2773 on: August 14, 2014, 12:38:56 PM »
From what im reading of this debacle it seems the cheats might get out of this one.

How so?

Judge Middleton deems the joint investigation illegal but doesn't deem the evidence inadmissable then....

ASADA will re-issue the show cause notices and use their new powers granted on August 1 last year to second info the AFL's docs etc

They already used those powers to demand the Age journos recording of Dank, which we all know are damning  :clapping

This still as a long way to go but either way those orginally issued with show casues notices will have to answer them. It's just a matter of whether its the ones already issued or any new ones

What I guarantee is if the Bombers & Hird lose they will not accept the result of the "fair hearing" they received and they will appeal  :banghead

if ASADA lose, well I dont' think they're too concerned as they will just re-issue the show cause notices.

Online one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #2774 on: August 14, 2014, 01:02:24 PM »
ESSENDON wants the federal government and the AFL to make the supplements scandal 'go away' if the club is successful in its court battle with the Australian Sports Anti-Doping Authority (ASADA).

Lawyers for ASADA re-iterated the anti-doping watchdog's intention to re-issue show-cause notices if a judge sets aside those already issued.

But Bombers chairman Paul Little wants federal sports minister Peter Dutton to step in.

"I will ask him to try and find a circuit-breaker," Little told 3AW on Thursday morning.

"I think the whole community's got deal-fatigue with this investigation, and if the sports minister's able to help us find a way through it then I think that's in everyone's best interests."

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2014-08-14/little-wants-federal-government-to-end-supplements-scandal

::)