Author Topic: Essendon face AFL probe/Players found Guilty by CAS  (Read 561837 times)

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
Re: Essendon face AFL probe
« Reply #2790 on: August 16, 2014, 01:23:59 PM »
Reading Hird's affidavit says it all. It's all about him and how he is affected if his players end up suspended :nopity.

42. I believe that, if show cause notices are issued to current or former Essendon players by ASADA, this would rise to immeasurable and irremediable damage to my reputation, my earning capacity as an AFL coach and my business interests external to Essendon and the AFL.

http://www.fedcourt.gov.au/__data/assets/pdf_file/0019/25462/30-July-2014-Affidavit-Hird-1.pdf

Perhaps you should have thought about this James before you allowed your players to be injected with god knows what!  ::)

The affidavit also shows ASADA's letter to Hird listing some of the banned substances they've been investigating Essendon over (page 22):
* Growth Hormone Releasing Peptide 2 (GHRP-2)
* Growth Hormone Releasing Peptide 6 (GHRP-6)
* CJC 1295
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #2791 on: August 16, 2014, 01:24:26 PM »
Little just interview on abc

Staggering stuff

Offline 🏅Dooks

• FOOTBALL EXPERT
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • 🏆✴✔👍⛉🌟
« Reply #2792 on: August 16, 2014, 02:13:10 PM »
Reading Hird's affidavit says it all. It's all about him and how he is affected if his players end up suspended :nopity.

42. I believe that, if show cause notices are issued to current or former Essendon players by ASADA, this would rise to immeasurable and irremediable damage to my reputation, my earning capacity as an AFL coach and my business interests external to Essendon and the AFL.

http://www.fedcourt.gov.au/__data/assets/pdf_file/0019/25462/30-July-2014-Affidavit-Hird-1.pdf

What a horrifically selfish approach to life.

Basically, "if anyone tries to enforces the law with me or anyone associated with me (irrespective if im guilty) this enforcement of the law (even if i am guilty) would be unfair because it would damage me financially and reduce my power"

I wonder how someone charged with murder would go with that line in court  :lol   
"Sliding doors moment.
If Damian Barrett had a brain
Then its made of sh#t" Dont Argue - 2/8/2018

Offline julzqld

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #2793 on: August 16, 2014, 04:59:55 PM »
Talk about delusional ::)

Offline 🏅Dooks

• FOOTBALL EXPERT
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • 🏆✴✔👍⛉🌟
« Reply #2794 on: August 16, 2014, 05:58:35 PM »
Talk about delusional ::)

Tell me about it Julz.

I suppose when the evidence is that irrefutable, people who want to be seen to be maintaining innocence are left to pushing arguments  which are delusional
"Sliding doors moment.
If Damian Barrett had a brain
Then its made of sh#t" Dont Argue - 2/8/2018

Offline (•))(©™

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Dimalaka
« Reply #2795 on: August 17, 2014, 12:07:52 AM »
ASADA should take the option the judge alluded to, and wait to reissue show cause notices a week before the start of season 2015,
so the fuckn rat dogs have to serve suspensions during the season.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2014, 12:23:22 AM by one-eyed »
Caracella and Balmey.

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #2796 on: August 17, 2014, 12:42:47 AM »
ASADA should take the option the judge alluded to, and wait to reissue show cause notices a week before the start of season 2015,
so the stuffn rat dogs have to serve suspensions during the season.

Would love to see that come to fruition. ;D

Offline (•))(©™

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Dimalaka
« Reply #2797 on: August 17, 2014, 12:46:51 AM »
or give them all a year like their coach
Caracella and Balmey.

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #2798 on: August 17, 2014, 12:55:36 AM »
That's even better. ;D

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #2799 on: August 18, 2014, 03:21:49 AM »
Not Essendon, but some Cronulla players may only receive a one-month ban.

---------------------------------------------------

Some of the Cronulla players accused of taking performance-enhancing drugs in 2011 could escape with a ban of as little as four weeks  during the off season.

Past and present players are expected to be called to a meeting with the Australian Sports Anti-Doping Authority  and the NRL this week where they will be offered a range of sanctions, some receiving a ban of one month and others six months.

It is understood the meeting will be on Wednesday, with the authority’s  chief executive Ben McDevitt anxious for it to be resolved before the end of the season so players given six-month bans can miss only one month of the 2015 season.

Although the World Anti-Doping Agency code allows for a maximum 75 per cent discount on the standard two-year punishment for players who co-operate with ASADA, there is provision for  admonishment, or a one-month sanction, for those found to have taken unapproved prescribed, rather than prohibited, substances.

http://www.theage.com.au/rugby-league/league-news/cronulla-sharks-players-may-escape-with-onemonth-bans-from-asada-20140817-1056dm.html

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #2800 on: August 18, 2014, 10:52:13 AM »
Geez whiz.

Tries to make a conversation with a drug cheat fan today.

The level of delusional I astounding

Offline (•))(©™

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Dimalaka
« Reply #2801 on: August 18, 2014, 05:07:23 PM »
Mr Little said he had spoken to the AFL about the impact the long-running investigation was having on the game.

I see this as an indirect admission of guilt, for had the EFC not been drug cheats there would be no investigation,therefore it is in fact essendon's actions that are admittedly negatively impacting "the game"
Caracella and Balmey.

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #2802 on: August 18, 2014, 06:10:33 PM »
Logically undisputable ∆

If efc had not mass injected wada banned drugs - then fighting such claims would be just and honourable

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #2803 on: August 20, 2014, 01:46:48 PM »
Not Essendon, but 17 Cronulla players have received show cause notices.

Sharks ASADA case: Cronulla players past and present facing bans of up to two years for doping infringements

JOSH MASSOUD, REBECCA WILSON & JAMES HOOPER
    The Daily Telegraph
    August 20, 2014 1:27PM

Doping notices have been issued to past and present Sharks players at a series of meetings with their lawyers in Sydney today.

The Daily Telegraph understands ASADA boss Ben McDevitt last night signed-off on 17 show cause notices, which signal the anti-doping watchdog’s intent to charge those exposed to Cronulla’s 2011 supplement program.

Despite speculation that players could be offered bans as little as six months in length, the notices all raise the prospect of two-years on the sideline - the mandatory suspension for use of prohibited peptides, CJC-1295 and GHRP-6, which ASADA believes were part of the 2011 program.

The players have now been given 10 days to respond, and can elect to challenge the notices in the Administrative Appeals Tribunal (AAT) or Federal Court.

What is a show cause order?

Also called an order to show cause, mandates that an individual or corporation make a court appearance to explain why the court should not take a proposed action.

Six month bans are also available for those who provide “substantial assistance” - damning evidence that leads to further convictions.

In a frantic morning, members of the 2011 squad held briefings with their independent legal teams at various locations throughout the CBD.

Nine - including current Sharks Nathan Gardner, Wade Graham and Anthony Tupou - are being represented by former ASADA solicitor Richard Redman.

Gardner was spotted driving his team mates past Redman’s Pitt St firm around 10:30am.

Shortly afterwards Knight pair Jeremy Smith and Kade Snowden - both of whom were exposed to Cronulla’s 2011 supplement regime - were spotted around the corner, en route to a briefing with their solicitor.

Skipper Paul Gallen also spoke out on 2KY Radio this morning, admitting he was in two minds about accepting any ban - even six months - because of the slur on his reputation.

Other players involved in the 2011 Cronulla team include Jayson Bukuya (Warriors), Albert Kelly (Titans), Luke Douglas (Titans), Ben Pomeroy (Catalans), Josh Cordoba (London Broncos), Paul Aiton (Super League), and Tim Smith (Super League).

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport/nrl/sharks-asada-case-cronulla-players-past-and-present-facing-bans-of-up-to-two-years-for-doping-infringements/story-fni3gol8-1227030586958

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #2804 on: August 21, 2014, 03:50:00 AM »
Essendon players could accept similar deal with ASADA to one offered to Cronulla

Grant Baker
Herald-Sun
August 21, 2014

A SWEETHEART deal offered by ASADA to Cronulla players on Wednesday remains a live option for 34 past and present Essendon players.

ASADA boss Ben McDevitt signed off on 17 drugs notices for current and former Sharks players on Tuesday night, over the alleged use of prohibited peptides CJC-1295 and GHRP-6 as part of the club’s 2011 supplements program.

But all 17 NRL players have been offered the option of a one-year ban backdated to November last year, meaning they could miss as few as three matches this season.

A similar deal could be struck in the Essendon players’ case, which is on hold until Justice John Middleton delivers his findings in the club’s Federal Court fight with the anti-doping agency.

The catch for players in each code is that they must admit guilt for discounts and backdating provisions to become available.

Essendon chairman Paul Little has repeatedly stated that no Bombers player would admit to an anti-doping offence.

The Bombers players, hit with show-cause notices in June this year over the alleged use of thymosin beta-4 in 2012, have asked ASADA repeatedly to put up any evidence it has to support its case against them.

They have not been shown any evidence.

If ASADA can convince the Bombers that they have used banned drugs, they could be eligible for discounted or backdated penalties under the code’s “timely admission” provisions.

Separately, Section 14.7 (a) of the AFL Anti-Doping Code states: “Where there have been substantial delays in the hearing process or other aspects of doping control not attributable to the player, the tribunal determining the sanction may start the period of ineligibility at an earlier date commencing as early as the date … (an) anti-doping rule violation last occurred”.

The code also states at least one half of the sanction must be served after the punishment has been accepted.

In the AFL case, that could be as little as three months.

It is understood that if ASADA, the AFL and the players all agreed to a sanction, the AFL Anti-Doping Tribunal would not have to hear the matter.

But the Bombers remain steadfast that not player was given anything harmful or prohibited under the supplements program, and therefore no player would accept the stain of a doping conviction.

“To get that relief (of no fault or negligence reductions) you need to have been found to have taken a substance and our players don’t think they have,’’ Little told the Herald Sun in May.

“They are not going to use that clause, I promise you.’’

ASADA has agreed to put on hold its case against the 34 current and former Bombers players while the Federal Court decides if the anti-doping body’s joint investigation with the AFL was lawful.

Only five of the 17 Cronulla players remain at the club, and they have been asked to make a call on the backdating deal before this weekend.

The NRL anti-doping code has provisions which allow for the backdating of bans under certain circumstances.,

It reads in part: “The commencement of the period of Ineligibility could be started as early as the date the anti-doping rule violation was committed, provided that at least half of that period would have to be served after the date of the hearing decision.”

http://www.news.com.au/sport/afl/essendon-players-could-accept-similar-deal-with-asada-to-one-offered-to-cronulla/story-fndv8gad-1227031190793