Author Topic: Cotchin/Mitchell get Brownlow [merged]  (Read 34275 times)

Offline froars

• Premiership Captain
  • For We're From Tigerland
Re: Cotchin, Mitchell to receive Watson's Brownlow??
« Reply #90 on: January 15, 2016, 01:24:28 PM »
I have emailed the Victorian Gaming Commission or whatever they're called about the betting ramifications, but got fobbed off to the NT Commission which my betting agency comes under the jurisdiction of.  Have redirected my enquiry - I bet I'll get fobbed off here as well.  Doubt anyone wants to open this little can of worms ha.

Get em on their Facebook page or tweet em. Harder to sweep you under the rug that way.
Good thinking  :thumbsup

Offline Stalin

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Close your mouth pls, we are not a codfish
« Reply #91 on: January 15, 2016, 01:24:52 PM »
#handitback
Then he grabbed two chopsticks and stuck them in his mouth , pretending to be a walrus

Offline (•))(©™

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Dimalaka
« Reply #92 on: January 15, 2016, 01:26:55 PM »
I have emailed the Victorian Gaming Commission or whatever they're called about the betting ramifications, but got fobbed off to the NT Commission which my betting agency comes under the jurisdiction of.  Have redirected my enquiry - I bet I'll get fobbed off here as well.  Doubt anyone wants to open this little can of worms ha.

Get em on their Facebook page or tweet em. Harder to sweep you under the rug that way.
. I'll go after them on FACEBOOK if it helps.
Actually Ill do it even if it doesn't help
Caracella and Balmey.

Offline 🏅Dooks

• FOOTBALL EXPERT
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • 🏆✴✔👍⛉🌟
« Reply #93 on: January 15, 2016, 02:18:31 PM »

As far as im aware name of the mob these days is the VCGLR (Victorian Commission for Gambling and Liquor Regulation).

Hit em up
"Sliding doors moment.
If Damian Barrett had a brain
Then its made of sh#t" Dont Argue - 2/8/2018

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #94 on: January 15, 2016, 04:04:09 PM »
The league deferred it so Jobe could hand it back himself instead of them having to make the tough call. Seriously pathetic. Unless I'm mistaken, in other sports the person who came second to drug cheats is retrospectively named the winner, why should the afl be different?

Actually the Russian bloke who's banned fro doping who beat the Aussie bloke (Jarrad Talient I think is his name) in the Walking at the London Olympics still hasn't had his medal stripped and the Aussie has been awared it retrospectively yet

Is that the final decision or is still going through the process?

Believe he has been banned after failing the drug test, not sure if he is appealing

But they had the Aussie kid on SEN before Xmas and he was saying the Russian was suspended he was still waiting for "his" medal

"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline froars

• Premiership Captain
« Reply #95 on: January 15, 2016, 04:11:48 PM »

As far as im aware name of the mob these days is the VCGLR (Victorian Commission for Gambling and Liquor Regulation).

Hit em up
My bet was with Centrebet which is NT.  I contacted the VCGLR and they directed me there.  Wait their response via email as can't find FB page

Offline froars

• Premiership Captain
« Reply #96 on: January 15, 2016, 04:13:12 PM »
I haven't got a receipt of it though which is problematic lol
Surely they would keep histories though

Offline (•))(©™

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Dimalaka
« Reply #97 on: January 15, 2016, 09:59:47 PM »
 :facepalm :facepalm
Caracella and Balmey.

Offline froars

• Premiership Captain
« Reply #98 on: January 15, 2016, 10:45:42 PM »

Offline julzqld

• RFC Hall of Fame

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #100 on: January 27, 2016, 02:11:58 AM »
AFL is left with no choice, Jobe

Jon Ralph
Herald-Sun
January 26, 2016

IMAGINE the outcry if the Court of Arbitration for Sport or International Olympic Committee allowed Russian walker Sergey Kirdyapkin to keep his London 2012 gold medal.

That ruling would deny Australian Jared Tallent his deserved — yet belated — Olympic gold medal and turn sport into a laughing stock again.

The Court of Arbitration for Sport has already ended Jobe Watson’s chances of competing this year, with its ruling on the Russian drug cheat to be announced in coming weeks.

Watson has the chance to plead his case at a February 15 AFL Commission meeting which will then rule on his 2012 Brownlow Medal.

AFL identity Jeffrey Browne tells the Herald Sun Watson losing his medal would be a “pinnacle of injustice”.

Yet surely this is the only simple decision in three years of dense, complicated arguments over the fate of the Essendon 34.

If the highest court available to world sport finds you guilty of drug-cheating, you can’t keep a Brownlow Medal won that same year.

No matter how good a bloke you are. Or how heart-wrenching a decision this must be for the AFL Commission.

Under the new WADA code Watson would automatically lose all awards won, but the applicable version from the 2012 season says he should lose it “unless fairness requires otherwise”.

If Watson and his colleagues had won a “no significant fault” discount and received a reduced sanction, the AFL might theoretically have some wriggle room.

But if we are to be a signatory of WADA, we can’t pick and choose when to apply its rules.

James Hird argued with bizarre logic in his baffling ABC interview the AFL Tribunal found players not guilty so he would simply ignore the CAS founding.

It isn’t open to the AFL Commission to do the same, just as they couldn’t ignore the banning of those 17 current AFL-listed players.

No one in this saga has acted with more fortitude, more care to his teammates, more courage under fire than Jobe Watson.

And as his dad Tim Watson said of his son’s Brownlow Medal, it isn’t the only thing in his life.

“To me the Brownlow doesn’t define Jobe, and I’m talking as a father now,” said Watson.

“We didn’t love him any more because he won the Brownlow and we wouldn’t love him any less if he lost the Brownlow.”

But CAS made a compelling case that Essendon’s players were not only guilty, they were in ASADA boss Ben McDevitt’s words “complicit in a culture of concealment”.

According to McDevitt, they hid injections from their doctor and ASADA, made no inquiries about the substances to ASADA, and had a “fatal” lack of curiosity.

It just doesn’t give the AFL Commission any possibility of allowing Watson to retain his medal.

One theory being pushed is that the AFL would leave the 2012 Brownlow Medal vacant rather than hand it to the pair of 2012 runners-up.

Yet the Brownlow Medal has a precedent of retrospectively handing out Brownlows.

There is no precedent for the stripping of a Brownlow, yet there is no good reason why two players — Hawk Sam Michell and Tiger Trent Cotchin — who have already been awarded votes wouldn’t inherit the award.

They will both have bittersweet emotions if they inherit the award from a respected foe.

Yet in less than three weeks they could share an unusual bond as retrospective Brownlow Medallists as Watson attempts to rebound from one final kick to the pavement.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/jobe-watson-brownlow-ralphy-says-under-wada-rules-essendon-champ-has-to-lose-highest-accolade/news-story/8178dfe3921595169d800090d53c8321

Offline Owl

• Magnificent Bastard
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Bring me TWO chickens
« Reply #101 on: January 27, 2016, 11:29:32 AM »
bah what bs.  Good players denied because of a cheat.
Lots of people name their swords......

Offline Stalin

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Close your mouth pls, we are not a codfish
« Reply #102 on: January 27, 2016, 11:41:47 AM »
drug cheat
Then he grabbed two chopsticks and stuck them in his mouth , pretending to be a walrus

tony_montana

« Reply #103 on: January 27, 2016, 04:16:07 PM »
wp - re the Russian walker - he will be stripped of his gold medal like they all are once theyre found guilty

Offline (•))(©™

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Dimalaka
« Reply #104 on: January 27, 2016, 04:49:27 PM »
At first I like Jobe.
Now, after seeing his ability to be a lying idiot, after seeing how much of a baby daddy's boy he is,
after seeing how much his daddy mollycoddled him and the spoilt brat holding onto the Brownlow,
 he's got to be the biggest spoilt brat we have ever seen.
Ftr, blokes with big arses are stuffn sooks.
Caracella and Balmey.