Author Topic: Cotchin/Mitchell get Brownlow [merged]  (Read 34256 times)

Offline Bengal

• Premiership Captain
  • Its Tiger Time
Cotchin/Mitchell get Brownlow [merged]
« on: February 06, 2013, 08:02:29 AM »
lol  just throwing it out there..  If Jobe one Kinobi gets stripped of his medal will the Trentstar be given it?    :shh

Offline JBFTiger

• Jack Dyer medallist
  • A Fighting Fury
Re: Cotchin to get Brownlow
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2013, 08:05:01 AM »
Good point.

If he does, will that mean that sportsbet will pay up????

I had $50 on him at $51  :pray :pray :pray

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2013, 08:05:59 AM »
Hope not personally.  Even if Watson was involved and was stripped of it, I would rather see Cotch come out and say thanks but no thanks, I would rather win one fair and square.

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2013, 08:57:10 AM »
Hope not personally.  Even if Watson was involved and was stripped of it, I would rather see Cotch come out and say thanks but no thanks, I would rather win one fair and square.

thats a crock. if he was cheating screw him and the whole club.

J Charles copped it and so they should they

They deserve nothing that pathetic club

Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2013, 09:15:35 AM »

Hey Daniel, I wasn't saying Watson shouldn't be stripped or Essendon cop their whack, just that I would rather Cotch say he didn't want a 'tainted' medal and would prefer to win one outright.

Rampstar

« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2013, 09:42:23 AM »

Hey Daniel, I wasn't saying Watson shouldn't be stripped or Essendon cop their whack, just that I would rather Cotch say he didn't want a 'tainted' medal and would prefer to win one outright.

I dont think Cotch would accept it either.

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2013, 12:05:37 PM »
But he would've won it fair and square? It is the best and FAIREST, which if proven to be one the players, Jobe wasn't.

Offline yellowandback

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #7 on: February 06, 2013, 12:05:41 PM »

If Watson is found guilty of cheating Smokey, it's perfectly fair that Trent becomes a Brownlow Medalist.
It may not be under the circumstances that he would like but surely Jobe Watson is starting to feel undeserving of his win right now?
If found guilty, he's a cheat and like being suspended for an on field infringement not "the fairest"
It's that simple Spud
"I discussed (it) with my three daughters, my wife and my 82-year-old mum, because it has really affected me … If those comments … were made about one of my daughters, it would make the hairs on the back of my neck stand up. I would not have liked it at all.”

Offline Danog

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #8 on: February 06, 2013, 12:54:56 PM »
Apparently Watson is NOT one of the 12 or so Essendon players that took the "supplement".  Non-issue.

Rampstar

« Reply #9 on: February 06, 2013, 01:02:12 PM »
Apparently Watson is NOT one of the 12 or so Essendon players that took the "supplement".  Non-issue.

I disagree that its a non issue. A team is made up of 22 players. When a team wins a game of footy the winning team usually gets the 3 votes and the 2 votes for the brownlow. 1 player on his own cant win a game of football he needs his teammates to get him the ball, to give him the ball, to pass the ball to. Its a very complicated issue.

Offline Danog

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #10 on: February 06, 2013, 01:41:07 PM »

I disagree that its a non issue. A team is made up of 22 players. When a team wins a game of footy the winning team usually gets the 3 votes and the 2 votes for the brownlow. 1 player on his own cant win a game of football he needs his teammates to get him the ball, to give him the ball, to pass the ball to. Its a very complicated issue.
True, but Watson did carry that team throughout the whole season.  It shows just how good he is that he stands out as their best performer by far, despite not taking any "supplements".

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #11 on: February 06, 2013, 04:05:02 PM »

He's.got no chance if his rivals are.shooting up.

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #12 on: February 06, 2013, 05:33:57 PM »
I can understand where smokey is coming from, but its really the same issue as if a player polls the most votes and is suspended.

LOL, why not take it a step further and say that is a player is suspended his whole team should be disqualified from the brownlow?

That really is clutching at straws.
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

Rampstar

« Reply #13 on: February 06, 2013, 06:48:48 PM »
I can understand where smokey is coming from, but its really the same issue as if a player polls the most votes and is suspended.

LOL, why not take it a step further and say that is a player is suspended his whole team should be disqualified from the brownlow?

That really is clutching at straws.

its more than 1 player we are talking about ;D

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #14 on: February 06, 2013, 07:40:47 PM »
Would you rather Graham or Maric tapping it to your advantage? And when you rest forward would you rather Jackson or Deledio kicking it down your throat. With a team full of juice suddenly everyone around you are bigger faster stronger and that makes your job a lot easier.