Author Topic: Home games at Punt Rd?  (Read 13158 times)

Offline JVT

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Home games at Punt Rd?
« Reply #15 on: March 20, 2013, 12:15:21 AM »
They could build part of the 'stadium' over Brunton Avenue, cars could pass under it like Atletico Madrid's stadium in Spain. I can't post a picture because im using an iPhone. So it could be possible . . .

In any case, as nice as it sounds, would more than likely impact our VFL side, training etc. Also no way should cricket be allowed back onto Punt Road Oval after we finally got them to move!  :police: :banghead I'm against it for all those reasons, but the main reason I am opposed to it is because it helps n0rt, Aints and Bumdogs. Let them die already.  :shh  :pray

tony_montana

« Reply #16 on: March 20, 2013, 08:49:37 AM »
imo its all posturing, sounds like the negotiations for buying out docklands early are getting a bit more serious. Can't see this happening, especially now that 20mill has just been spent

Offline tiga

• Exhaling Carbon in the
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Yes Hampson has taken a mark!
« Reply #17 on: March 20, 2013, 09:07:59 AM »
Get Stuffed AFL.Puntroad oval is our ground. >:(
:clapping Well said C.I. Punt Road is a sacred site to us. GTFO AFL! I'd be filthy with Nort having Punt Road Oval as their home ground.  >:( For the cost of redeveloping Punt Road, they can build a whole new stadium somewhere else close to public transport. How about Jells Park? Plenty of space out there.  ;D But in all seriousness, How about Toorak or Orrong Park? they could still use the ground for cricket in Summer if needed and Toorak Station is right there. Any Parking requirements could go underground or multi-level.

Offline smasha

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #18 on: March 20, 2013, 12:08:00 PM »
Don't like this.The AFL would push us out of our home ground while games like the Bulldogs versus Gold Coast would be played there.

That's when Vlad has a death warrant.

He has been eyeing this ground for a long time I reckon and thinking of the ways he can make money from the ground OUR MEMBERS HELPED build back up.

FO AFL.

THIS IS OUR GROUND.

WE BUILT IT THEN YOU WANT TO TAKE IT???
GAGF!!!!!!

I would only use it for Richmond home games against lesser teams.

VLAD the cheek of the bloke.

Offline smasha

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #19 on: March 20, 2013, 12:41:01 PM »
Another thing,the equalisation argument or lobby is only being brought out now because Richmond are becoming strong.
WAS NEVER BROUGHT UP years ago!!!!!!!

ONLY NOW when RICHMOND are getting stronger off field.

Funny that!  :whistle

dwaino

« Reply #20 on: March 20, 2013, 12:45:44 PM »
:clapping Well said C.I. Punt Road is a sacred site to us. GTFO AFL! I'd be filthy with Nort having Punt Road Oval as their home ground.  >:( For the cost of redeveloping Punt Road, they can build a whole new stadium somewhere else close to public transport. How about Jells Park? Plenty of space out there.  ;D But in all seriousness, How about Toorak or Orrong Park? they could still use the ground for cricket in Summer if needed and Toorak Station is right there. Any Parking requirements could go underground or multi-level.

Why would they give to n0rf when they'll be in Tassie?  :whistle

Offline smasha

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #21 on: March 20, 2013, 12:52:00 PM »

Why would they give to n0rf when they'll be in Tassie?  :whistle

So you want every club playing on our ground while the AFL takes the profits?
Once they take it over,we will get screwed for sure.

dwaino

« Reply #22 on: March 20, 2013, 12:59:58 PM »
Not sure I even said anything remotely like that  :banghead

Offline smasha

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #23 on: March 20, 2013, 01:03:46 PM »
Not sure I even said anything remotely like that  :banghead
OK mate.

:lol

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #24 on: March 20, 2013, 02:41:54 PM »
Was at Punt Rd today visiting the superstore and the new ME. centre goes all around from the NW to the SW side of the ground. Can't touch the Eastern side as it borders Punt Rd.

Punt Rd will remain for our purpose only.Too tight a ground to have 15000 capacity.

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #25 on: March 20, 2013, 04:39:00 PM »

:clapping :clapping :clapping

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #26 on: March 25, 2013, 05:55:51 PM »
Looks like the idea isn't dead and buried yet:

AFL considers boutique stadium

By Adam McNicol2:39pm AEDT Monday, March 25, 2013

THE AFL is seriously looking at redeveloping Carlton's Visy Park or Richmond's Punt Road Oval into a boutique 20,000-seat venue, according to League boss Andrew Demetriou.

"We've done a feasibility study on Visy (Park)," Demetriou said on Monday. "Visy can work.

"But we've got a couple of other options. I think Punt Road's got some legs."

With clubs like North Melbourne and the Western Bulldogs struggling to make money from low-drawing games at Etihad Stadium, the push for the AFL to buy the ground earlier than scheduled or develop a boutique venue has intensified.

The current agreement states that the League will be handed Etihad Stadium for the price of $1 in 2025.

If the AFL and Etihad Stadium's owners can't agree on a price, a boutique stadium could work because only 40 matches need to be played at Docklands from 2015, down from 46 this season.

"We have got a number of games that would be attractive in an 18,000- to 20,000-seat venue," Demetriou added.

"If you've got a full house in a ground you can create a great atmosphere, so I don't think we should close our minds to a boutique stadium."

The possibility of a new stadium being built at the E-Gate development site in Melbourne's inner-west was floated 2009, but that has gone off the AFL's radar.

"It's not something we've thought about," Demetriou said.

............then some more stuff about crowds and starting dates

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2013-03-25/afls-boutique-push

gerkin greg

« Reply #27 on: March 25, 2013, 07:07:43 PM »
motion denied, GTFO

thanks,
gg

Offline Danog

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #28 on: March 25, 2013, 10:53:49 PM »
20,000 isn't enough.  It'd have to be at least 25,000 for it to make sense.

dwaino

« Reply #29 on: March 25, 2013, 11:02:22 PM »
Bulldogs and n0rf couldn't even scrape together 20,000 fans.