Author Topic: Home games at Punt Rd?  (Read 13153 times)

Offline Phil Mrakov

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • They said I could be anything so I became Phil
Re: Home games at Punt Rd?
« Reply #45 on: March 30, 2013, 04:59:15 PM »
We'll lose too much money if Rfc games vs minnows are scheduled there
hhhaaarrgghhh hhhhaaarrggghhh hhhhaaaarrrggghh
HHAAARRRGGGHHHH HHHHAAARRRGGGHHHH HHHHHAAAAARRRRGGGGGHHHHH

Offline Phil Mrakov

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #46 on: March 30, 2013, 05:02:57 PM »
No from me

I don't want us training anywhere but punt road

tony_montana

« Reply #47 on: March 30, 2013, 05:04:39 PM »

No way we'd play anyone there, if we continue to improve we'll draw 40k+ against any interstate club in melb

Offline Phil Mrakov

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #48 on: March 30, 2013, 05:07:03 PM »

No way we'd play anyone there, if we continue to improve we'll draw 40k+ against any interstate club in melb

Vlad doesn't seem to think so

tony_montana

« Reply #49 on: March 30, 2013, 05:08:45 PM »

Was a throwaway line, don't be such a drama queen

Offline bojangles17

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Platinum member 33 years
« Reply #50 on: March 30, 2013, 05:13:08 PM »
I think the Punt Road option is the first option for the AFL. We will be forced to relocate but we will be massively compensated +$20 million IMHO. The problem for us is where do we go to? I am not supportive of us moving. Punt Road Oval is ours but we will be left holding the bag again so the AFL can get its way. Its a disgrace IMHO.

"Massively compensated" you are kidding Ramps, this is the AFL we are talking about  ;D

I would see us having to move somewhere to train for a pre-seaHin and then we'd be allowed back in on the terms of the AFL.

However, there would be no VFL games at punt road, there wouldn't be much financial benefit as to the club from games being there, where as having VF games there would.

Personally I wouldn't want it, too many people have worked too bloody hard and given too much to re-build our home to an elite training venue and admin complex to now have the AFL say its your ground but we control it.

No thanks

I believe hawthorn made out like bandits with the whole Waverley deal. Set them up as a financial powerhouse

they sure did, bugga me though id hate to think wed be training at Vic park or some pooheap whilst this was being built...If I was Benny Id be after 2 Priority draft picks for ea year we are away, 10mn dollars into our futures fund and a 100 year lease at $1 / year...anyhow Im sure Benny would have covered all that off, he s a smart cookie :shh
RFC 1885, Often Imitated, Never Equalled

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #51 on: March 30, 2013, 05:33:30 PM »
If they want to do something for the game they could just build a small stadium out at Cranbourne or maybe Improve the Western Oval in Footscray or why not just send the smaller games to Kardinia Park.

Whitten Oval is an open venue these days. Like us they received huge Federal govt funding to upgrade the facility for training but also for a community centre that is really hub in the area. There is a lot more out there than just the oval. It would cost alot more to being it back to being an AFL venue.

Maybe they should look at Craigieburn seeing it's not being used for VFL footy anymore seeing Coburg has given it the flick rather than Cranbourne  ;D

I believe hawthorn made out like bandits with the whole Waverley deal. Set them up as a financial powerhouse

The Hawks compo from the league was minor the real $$$$$ came from the developers put there. There big financial windfall outside that is their Tassie deal
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline bojangles17

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Platinum member 33 years
« Reply #52 on: March 30, 2013, 09:11:52 PM »
Oh i get what vlad was talkin about, that GC play there home fixture at Punt Rd, makes sense and a real financial boon too :shh
RFC 1885, Often Imitated, Never Equalled

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #53 on: March 30, 2013, 09:31:05 PM »
This talk is utter crap. Over to you Benny tell them to shove any deal up their date

All this while pies will unleash their Olympic park ground across the road and Hawks have the golden VFL park all to themselves

No way

Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #54 on: March 30, 2013, 09:33:24 PM »
If they want to do something for the game they could just build a small stadium out at Cranbourne or maybe Improve the Western Oval in Footscray or why not just send the smaller games to Kardinia Park.

Whitten Oval is an open venue these days. Like us they received huge Federal govt funding to upgrade the facility for training but also for a community centre that is really hub in the area. There is a lot more out there than just the oval. It would cost alot more to being it back to being an AFL venue.

Maybe they should look at Craigieburn seeing it's not being used for VFL footy anymore seeing Coburg has given it the flick rather than Cranbourne  ;D

The Hawks compo from the league was minor the real $$$$$ came from the developers put there. There big financial windfall outside that is their Tassie deal

Correct

IIR it was a $1 lease

Developers would've given them plenty

Saints knocked it back first. Hahahaha

Offline Phil Mrakov

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #55 on: March 30, 2013, 09:36:15 PM »

Was a throwaway line, don't be such a drama queen

Who knows lol

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #56 on: March 30, 2013, 09:37:28 PM »
Oh i get what vlad was talkin about, that GC play there home fixture at Punt Rd, makes sense and a real financial boon too :shh

Yes a financial boon for the AFL nor the RFC

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #57 on: March 30, 2013, 09:50:02 PM »

WP do you honestly think this will happen? I can see Nought playing Gws and GC there while our reserves side play out at Craigieburn

This is utter BS. I would seriously  support a strike if this grows legs.

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #58 on: March 30, 2013, 10:05:49 PM »

WP do you honestly think this will happen? I can see Nought playing Gws and GC there while our reserves side play out at Craigieburn

This is utter BS. I would seriously  support a strike if this grows legs.

Daniel, if the RFC agree to this boutique nonsense remembering that Benny Gale has said they will listen to any proposal then we the RFC will be loser not a doubt in my mind.

You give the AFL any control then you lose. Look at all the teams outside the Bombers who have moved to Etihad as home tenants they are worse off than they've ever been.

Anyone thinking that other teams playing AFL home games at Punt Road is going to be some massive financial benefit to the RFC are kidding themselves.

I agree with you daniel and posted it before if this idea gets up there will be no AFL games at Punt Road. VFL games atPunt Road is good financially for the RFC (if they do it right of course) AFLgames are not

Offline blaisee

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #59 on: March 31, 2013, 08:38:04 AM »
You are spot on Willie,

I am very concerned about this.

I really hope we stear right away from it.

We are sitting on a billion dollar asset that will only appreciate in value in time.

Its time for us to landbank, not give our ground to the AFL