Author Topic: Non-Richmond Games 2013  (Read 63689 times)

Offline RollsRoyce

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Non-Richmond Games 2013
« Reply #180 on: April 13, 2013, 12:13:55 AM »

As for the Bombers, let's wait to see how they are doing in the second half of the year. Previous years have seen them explode out of the blocks in the first two months only to crash and burn from June to August

Maybe they were coming down m-a-a-n-n ;D

Rampstar

« Reply #181 on: April 13, 2013, 12:17:09 AM »
Essendon shouldnt even be allowed to play finals footy if they get there. The AFL must strip these bastards of their points won and of there draft picks. Its a disgrace that they have been allowed to play for points in this years competition.

Offline tigs2011

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #182 on: April 13, 2013, 02:21:12 AM »
If Mayne hit the post to lose against us the media would carry on how we were lucky and Freo lost the game. But it's the bomber babies, and it's going to be how their dearest pets overcame adversity. Well that's how the Herald Sun will go anyway.

Can't agree with this. Robbo has been sprouting that there's nothing to see here all week so you can't pull the adversity card afterwards.  :lol

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #183 on: April 13, 2013, 05:08:23 AM »
Essendon shouldnt even be allowed to play finals footy if they get there. The AFL must strip these bastards of their points won and of there draft picks. Its a disgrace that they have been allowed to play for points in this years competition.

Well said Ramps.

They should be stripped of all points come September but we all know that's not going to happen.

I've said it all along 2 things will happen.

If Asada find them guilty, then fine and sanction will begin conveniently in October

If not then then the AFL may charge them for bringing the game into disrepute, something that will no doubt begin in October, the off season.

The whole thing being allowed to drag on seems very odd to me.

Right now there is a fair chance we have a team in the competition who have illegally been administered banned substances yet are still competeting at the highest level.

IMO Andy D should step down as CEO for the AFL. His competition has turned into a complete farce.

He has lost control of all facets of the game

Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #184 on: April 13, 2013, 09:36:01 AM »
If Asada find them guilty, then fine and sanction will begin conveniently in October

You are kidding daniel

If ASADA find them guilty they will be punished immediately, that's their rules. They cannot strip them of points but they can suspend & fine players, officials and the club if they can prove who knew what was going on 

You seem to think that they (ASADA) are somehow beholden to the AFL, they aren't, never have been, never will.

Part of me thinks the longer this takes the worse it is for the EFC, if there was hardly any eveidence then this would have been over quickly, reckon they are finding little things regularly and they are going to make this a massive test case to send a very big warning too other codes and clubs - mess with us at your peril

What is wrong with this whole process however, is the fact that Dank cannot be forced to speak to ASADA as part of the investigation simply because he is no longer employed in the industry. He can say what he likes to the media but doesn't have to speak to ASADA.  :banghead
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #185 on: April 13, 2013, 12:39:58 PM »

You are kidding daniel

If ASADA find them guilty they will be punished immediately, that's their rules. They cannot strip them of points but they can suspend & fine players, officials and the club if they can prove who knew what was going on 

You seem to think that they (ASADA) are somehow beholden to the AFL, they aren't, never have been, never will.

Part of me thinks the longer this takes the worse it is for the EFC, if there was hardly any eveidence then this would have been over quickly, reckon they are finding little things regularly and they are going to make this a massive test case to send a very big warning too other codes and clubs - mess with us at your peril

What is wrong with this whole process however, is the fact that Dank cannot be forced to speak to ASADA as part of the investigation simply because he is no longer employed in the industry. He can say what he likes to the media but doesn't have to speak to ASADA.  :banghead

I agree with Daniel. Can just see ASADA not coming to a verdict until Essendons season is shot.

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #186 on: April 13, 2013, 01:41:30 PM »

You are kidding daniel

Well I don't agree and time will tell. Asada was very quick with Cronulla and CCM but this will take months. No worries!!

What I don't like is the fact 17 other clubs have played fair for 4 pts and this organization quite possibly have not, and if the findings are released in Sep they get to keep the 4 pts that they don't deserve while we may miss finals

Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #187 on: April 13, 2013, 03:27:16 PM »

Well I don't agree and time will tell. Asada was very quick with Cronulla and CCM but this will take months. No worries!!

What I don't like is the fact 17 other clubs have played fair for 4 pts and this organization quite possibly have not, and if the findings are released in Sep they get to keep the 4 pts that they don't deserve while we may miss finals

Do tell me what have ASADA done to Cronulla exactly? Nothing

Cronulla is being investigated like Essendon, there has been no charges, no report, no penalties - nothing. So with all due respect daniel ASADA have done zilch to Cronulla. The Cronulla situation is similar to the EFC.

It was the Cronulla Boards that sacked 3 people, the doctor, the fitness bloke and someone else. They stood down their coach who by the way has now been re-instated and is currently coaching them again. It had nothing to do with ASADA

FWIW outside Cronulla ASADA are investigating 31 individual NRL players as opposed to specific clubs
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Rampstar

« Reply #188 on: April 13, 2013, 03:34:30 PM »
I believe Essendon will be completely screwed shortly. When Andrew Demetriou comes out and says things could get extremely ugly and that he has had briefings that are not in the public domain as yet the only conclusion to draw is that Essedon are finished.

One thing that people should also consider is if you were an AFL player at Essendon and you thought you were given legal supplements (some essendon players believed they were given Vitamin B and C supplements only) and that wasnt the case but you were given other stuff, and you end up getting delisted by Essendon over the next 2 or 3 years what would you do? Personally I think players who are delisted or who leave the club will go straight to the Supreme Court looking for Damages and rightly so. Essendon will be up for millions of dollars if things go pear shaped for them.

Offline Eat_em_Alive

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #189 on: April 13, 2013, 04:01:08 PM »
I believe Essendon will be completely screwed shortly. When Andrew Demetriou comes out and says things could get extremely ugly and that he has had briefings that are not in the public domain as yet the only conclusion to draw is that Essedon are finished.

One thing that people should also consider is if you were an AFL player at Essendon and you thought you were given legal supplements (some essendon players believed they were given Vitamin B and C supplements only) and that wasnt the case but you were given other stuff, and you end up getting delisted by Essendon over the next 2 or 3 years what would you do? Personally I think players who are delisted or who leave the club will go straight to the Supreme Court looking for Damages and rightly so. Essendon will be up for millions of dollars if things go pear shaped for them.

:pray
The anywhere, anytime Tigers.
E A T  E M  A L I V E  M O F O S

Offline tiger101

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #190 on: April 13, 2013, 04:15:13 PM »
Demons are getting flogged now after being in the game at half time so are the kangaroo's maybe they have question marks over their fitness this is 2rd time in a row they have had a lead and lost it.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2013, 04:50:14 PM by tiger101 »

Offline Eat_em_Alive

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #191 on: April 13, 2013, 04:16:42 PM »
its great isnt it, was blown away by swans 3rd quarter just piling on the goals  :lol
The anywhere, anytime Tigers.
E A T  E M  A L I V E  M O F O S

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #192 on: April 13, 2013, 08:14:04 PM »
Last 4 goals to the Cats to go from 16 pts down to 8 up. Will it be Blues 0-3  :pray.

Offline tiger101

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #193 on: April 13, 2013, 09:06:10 PM »
GWS number 1 draft Patton has done his ACL. Terrible news for any young player.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #194 on: April 13, 2013, 09:08:40 PM »
Yep terrible news for the young bloke. You could hear in Richo's voice that he feels for Patton having gone through the same thing when he was early in his AFL career.

Cats up by 19 at half-time. Weird momentum game. Blues have started both quarters so far on fire and then get run over by Geelong. Marc Murphy is really struggling with the Carlton captaincy. Taylor Hunt who is meant to be tagging Murphy has kicked 3 goals on him.

Great to see North lost again. They were always pretenders and only snuck into the finals last year thanks to the soft draw they had. 0-3 now after conceding 11 goals in a quarter ..... yep real shinboner spirit there  :rollin.

All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd