Author Topic: Our low tackling stats  (Read 4069 times)

Offline bojangles17

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Platinum member 33 years
Re: Our low tackling stats
« Reply #30 on: April 14, 2013, 05:07:11 PM »
when you dominate general play like we did today you wont rack up big tackle numbers.

without seeing the numbers i thought our pressure and tackling was pretty good today

fully concur
RFC 1885, Often Imitated, Never Equalled

Offline Owl

• Magnificent Bastard
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Bring me TWO chickens
« Reply #31 on: April 14, 2013, 05:18:46 PM »
Tracking very nicely, Tackled where we had to, dominated in the air didn't really need to tackle too much, were mostly first to the ball even if they kicked it... We are adapting nicely to each opponent and getting a bit stronger each week, next week is gonna be a corker.  Hope the dawks run em ragged for us.
Lots of people name their swords......

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #32 on: April 14, 2013, 05:23:21 PM »
when you dominate general play like we did today you wont rack up big tackle numbers.

without seeing the numbers i thought our pressure and tackling was pretty good today

Dead right Al.  You can't rack up big tackle numbers when you have such overwhelming possession numbers.  I also thought our pressure and tackling today was first rate, and was the single biggest factor in our win.  Doggies never got an easy kick all day!

the claw

« Reply #33 on: April 14, 2013, 05:26:06 PM »

gotta agree also and im one who has a concern about the tackling.
to be honest the lack of pressure on us makes it hard to gauge just how good that performance was. but credit to them i thought we played some good footy for probably the first time this preseason and season. and one reason for this was our tackling and pressure.

we have had a pretty easy start to the yr come next week if we fail to put enough  pressure on collingwood we will be looking rather silly. we still need vast improvement in several areas.
bring on the real tests like collingwood sydney wce freo etc i say. start winning our fair share of these types of  games and even i will shut up.

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #34 on: April 14, 2013, 05:29:04 PM »

start winning our fair share of these types of  games and even i will shut up.

I've just logged on to my Betfair account but can't seem to get a Lay bet on this happening!

;D

tony_montana

« Reply #35 on: April 14, 2013, 05:30:39 PM »
Our tackling and pressure was fine today. Big improvement on the first 2 weeks imo. Dome is also a fast track. Will go up a few notches over the next few weeks

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #36 on: April 14, 2013, 05:47:53 PM »

Dead right Al.  You can't rack up big tackle numbers when you have such overwhelming possession numbers.  I also thought our pressure and tackling today was first rate, and was the single biggest factor in our win.  Doggies never got an easy kick all day!

Agree gents, was one thing that really stood out beign at the game today. Some of those mentioned in Crawfords article obviously read it  :rollin
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #37 on: April 16, 2013, 03:32:32 PM »
What I found quite interesting is this stat

*Ranked 2nd in least Opponent Tackles Per Game

So we average 43.7 tackles per game, our opponents only average 49.7

Offline tigs2011

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #38 on: April 16, 2013, 03:43:02 PM »

Where's our Kicking Efficiency. We are such a good uncontested team that gets into space and has a tonne of the footy. Can;t tackle when you have it and when we use our kicking skills and hit targets the other team cant tackle us.

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #39 on: April 16, 2013, 04:13:03 PM »

Where's our Kicking Efficiency. We are such a good uncontested team that gets into space and has a tonne of the footy. Can;t tackle when you have it and when we use our kicking skills and hit targets the other team cant tackle us.

72.4% disposal efficiency. Ranked 2nd behind Saints and above Bulldogs.
I think its less to do with our kicking skills (which also probably contributes) but because we spread as much as we do for uncontested footy other teams also get that freedom and their uncontested number rises for games against us making it harder to tackle but they also don't get as much chance to tackle us.

Online Willy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • All up inside ya.
« Reply #40 on: April 16, 2013, 05:48:28 PM »
I like the way Concs tackles.

gerkin greg

« Reply #41 on: April 16, 2013, 06:21:39 PM »
I like the way Concs tackles.

They stay tackled

Big fan of the red wog

TigerTimeII

« Reply #42 on: April 16, 2013, 06:39:57 PM »
long live the wog

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #43 on: April 16, 2013, 07:06:39 PM »
I know the term elite is over done. But I am now confident conca will reach this.

Offline Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Richmond, Premiers 2017.2019
« Reply #44 on: April 16, 2013, 08:15:35 PM »
I understand what you all are saying but if we don't start putting some real pressure on the opposition it will be our undoing. 

Like Ive said before, its all good when we play teams around or below us. But this soft limp wristed footy won't cut it come finals time. That's when you get found out playing so free and easy uncontested footy. The tough teams will pull your pants down.

To me its a concern but i suppose the next three weeks will be a great test for us.
The club that keeps giving.