Author Topic: Changes for next week against Freo? [merged]  (Read 14119 times)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Re: Changes for next week against Freo?
« Reply #30 on: April 21, 2013, 05:05:20 AM »
From the Age:

"Chaplin suffered a knock to the head while Jake King finished with a cork to the glute. Both players will need to be assessed for Friday night's game against Fremantle in Perth."

Offline yellowandback

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #31 on: April 21, 2013, 06:31:07 AM »
Loved Big Tones comments - I hope he has kids that play football at elite level one day.
 :lol
Big Vicks looks a bit content just to be getting a game - knows he is in for structure but perhaps deep down not feeling to need to play each game like say a Stevie Morris, like its his last game?
I reckon Ty wouldn't expect to be dropped and its impacting his intensity - probably only by a few percent - but he might need a few games in the 2's to think about.
Or dominate and get his confidence up
Or both.
Either way, he's the one spot that should be up for grabs cause he's not done enough in the 1st month.
Ellis was given more game time today but probably had all of 45 minutes of playing time in the 1st 3 weeks.
Needs full game - in the 1s or 2s.
Dea comes in for Morris is he gets suspended
Helbig for King if he's injured
Vlas for Ellis if they decide to drop him - as sub
Big O comes in for Ty and I hope he can do some of that pack crashing stuff he did against the Bombres in the praccy match - this would be nice for our forward line and Shed, crumbers etc.
It's that simple Spud
"I discussed (it) with my three daughters, my wife and my 82-year-old mum, because it has really affected me … If those comments … were made about one of my daughters, it would make the hairs on the back of my neck stand up. I would not have liked it at all.”

Jackstar is back!!!

« Reply #32 on: April 21, 2013, 07:40:09 AM »
yeah, swan outpointed him in a marking contest. what a surprise that a 200 game brownlow medalist outpointed a kid in a marking contest.

as for being sub, leppa said that the eagles used gaff repeatedly as a sub  and that it kept him fresh for when they started giving him full games after about 2 months when the pace of the game stared to drop off.
They are basically following that model with him to "keep his legs fresh"

Do start making excuses for blokes
When you run out on ground, doesnt matter if you played 4 games or 304 games,
Ellis bascially watched Swann take that mark, no body presuure , nothing, very very poor effort
Use the same theory on Jamie Elliot dodging around Cocthin and Tuck and kicking a goal !!

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #33 on: April 21, 2013, 08:04:44 AM »
yeah, swan outpointed him in a marking contest. what a surprise that a 200 game brownlow medalist outpointed a kid in a marking contest.

as for being sub, leppa said that the eagles used gaff repeatedly as a sub  and that it kept him fresh for when they started giving him full games after about 2 months when the pace of the game stared to drop off.

Ellis bascially watched Swann take that mark, no body presuure , nothing, very very poor effort
Use the same theory on Jamie Elliot dodging around Cocthin and Tuck and kicking a goal !!

Seen Swan do same thing many times to more seasoned players than Ellis, good to see you back bagging our cubs

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #34 on: April 21, 2013, 08:21:44 AM »
not an excuse just a fact :banghead

Ellis was horribly outpointed by a stronger, more seasoned campaigner, who happens to be one of the best in the game.

Looking forward to more losses so we can be graced with your upbeat presence sharing, your enlightening pearls of wisdom.

you just love it when we lose so you spread the darkness.
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #35 on: April 21, 2013, 08:25:46 AM »

Ellis was horribly outpointed by a stronger, more seasoned campaigner, who happens to be one of the best in the game.

Looking forward to more losses so we can be graced with your upbeat presence sharing, your enlightening pearls of wisdom.

He's not the only going to be a fun few weeks with the media gullible fools going off

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #36 on: April 21, 2013, 09:06:53 AM »

Benefit of the doubt there Al but when Jack in the last squared it up for him and he dropped it on his chest when we were 22 points down and had kicked the last 4 either side of Collingwood's run when he saw and heard footsteps was weak as pee.

Kid has been sub last three weeks after he was lucky to be retained after his stinker against Carlton.
Batchelor or Vlaustin should have played yesterday.
Brandon needs to go back to Coburg and find his mojo.

Offline eliminator

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #37 on: April 21, 2013, 11:00:13 AM »
Batchelor in Petterd out. Chaplin out(injured) King out(injured). In Nahas and Stevenson. Vlas in Ellis out.

Offline YellowandBlackBlood

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #38 on: April 21, 2013, 11:04:47 AM »

Benefit of the doubt there Al but when Jack in the last squared it up for him and he dropped it on his chest when we were 22 points down and had kicked the last 4 either side of Collingwood's run when he saw and heard footsteps was weak as pee.

Kid has been sub last three weeks after he was lucky to be retained after his stinker against Carlton.
Got 13 touches in a quarter and a half.  More than many of his team mates did for the entire game.  Yeah he made a couple of mistakes but so did Cotch.  Do we drop him too?
OER. Calling it as it is since 2004.

Jackstar is back!!!

« Reply #39 on: April 21, 2013, 11:08:13 AM »

easily post of the day  :thumbsup

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #40 on: April 21, 2013, 12:18:32 PM »
Yellow and black you make a good point.

IMO worse Cotchin's errors and in fact errors from all our leaders were worse than Swan's mark against Ellis.

Example. Cotchin running on the wing had plenty of time to kick with his right instead choose his left. :banghead :banghead

Result OONTF and a turnover.

Just one of many examples where the pressure applied by the pies resulted in turnovers.

Pressure causes turnovers and that's the game

Out: Morris, King, Vickery

In. Vlast, Batch, Nahas

If Chap misses then Griff to replace him.

Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline rogerd3

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #41 on: April 21, 2013, 12:30:08 PM »

silly statement about that it doesn't matter if you play 4 or 304 games...so in your world experience
doesn't come into play and all young guys should be playing like 304 veterans.

Gigantor

« Reply #42 on: April 21, 2013, 12:43:07 PM »
when it comes to hardness at a contest it doesnt matter how many games you have played...you make them earn every touch..thats what ellis and countless others didnt do yesterday

the claw

« Reply #43 on: April 21, 2013, 01:29:56 PM »

i agree on that contest.
thing is ellis was never going to impact that contest. a 181cm/81 kg midget in a one on one marking contest against a wily 185cm 93kg almost two stone heavier player. there was only ever going to be one outcome.
imo apart from a few things i reckon ellis has done well. really need to give him a full game.

Offline eliminator

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #44 on: April 21, 2013, 01:42:02 PM »
agree always up against it against Swan