Author Topic: The battle for the bottom 4 of the top 8  (Read 22833 times)

tony_montana

Re: The battle for the bottom 4 of the top 8
« Reply #30 on: May 23, 2013, 08:12:51 PM »
Thing with west coke is they've lost 3 at home, and still have Sydney and Geelong at home and the Freo reverse fixture. Will need to win all of those and beat teams like Collingwood and Hawthorn on the road. They've got Carlton again but at Etihad so that will be like a mini-final because they'll be around similar positions. It's a massive ask but if we can knock them off in two weeks it will be too far for them to come back from  :cheers

They have a couple of big outs this week, if they stay out for another week we are a definite show down there.

I don't think the crows can make it, were always going to be 6-8 at best and with Tex going down it will hurt them in the long run. WCE was summed up perfectly by Dwaino, they are a couple of losses away from having their spirit broken and probably knowing deep down inside they will struggle to make it.

N0ught keep losing the close ones but will be in touch as the gypsies are playing well

Blues will get better and better as the year rolls on so they're in the mix.

Equation is simple win this week and win against the eagles and we're locked in. Win 1 and we're still a good show. Lose both and we're right back in the pack.

Cats
Hawks
Pies
Freo
Swans

are a lock.

Bombers
Tiges
Blues
N0ught
WCE  are going for the last 3 spots.

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #31 on: May 23, 2013, 08:41:49 PM »
Next four weeks after the bye are critical to build on any momentum.
Adelaide MCG
W Bulldogs Etihad
St.Kilda MCG
Nought Etihad

Leading into the Gold Coast match in Cairns.

Our fate may well and truly be known by July.

gerkin greg

« Reply #32 on: May 24, 2013, 10:20:35 AM »
thing with Norf! is that they have been playing well but losing – soon enough they will go through a down patch where they play poorly... then comes the knockout punch

Offline Stripes

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #33 on: May 24, 2013, 10:39:31 AM »
thing with Norf! is that they have been playing well but losing – soon enough they will go through a down patch where they play poorly... then comes the knockout punch

Sounds familiar....Tigers 2012

Offline Eat_em_Alive

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #34 on: May 24, 2013, 01:41:44 PM »
stuff I hope so
The anywhere, anytime Tigers.
E A T  E M  A L I V E  M O F O S

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #35 on: May 25, 2013, 01:24:54 AM »
Collingwood losing last night is a good result. Keeps them below us.

Next four weeks after the bye are critical to build on any momentum.
Adelaide MCG
W Bulldogs Etihad
St.Kilda MCG
Nought Etihad

Leading into the Gold Coast match in Cairns.

Our fate may well and truly be known by July.
If we are genuine finals challengers then there should be no reason we can't go through that 5-week patch post the bye at 5-0. Definitely 4-1 as a bare minimum; anything less and we'll only have ourselves to blame.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

dwaino

« Reply #36 on: May 25, 2013, 08:49:30 AM »
St Kilda and n0rf have me worried in that both teams are capable of good footy when they turn it on (like us I guess lol). But you're right in that if we are a genuine team we have no reason not to get through those games. I guess there is still a part of me that is hugely pessimistic. Comes with being a Richmond supporter I suppose  ;D

Offline tigs2011

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #37 on: May 25, 2013, 10:48:58 AM »
St Kilda and n0rf have me worried in that both teams are capable of good footy when they turn it on (like us I guess lol). But you're right in that if we are a genuine team we have no reason not to get through those games. I guess there is still a part of me that is hugely pessimistic. Comes with being a Richmond supporter I suppose  ;D

Norf are a good team. Saints though are poo. Haven't they won 2 games? 1 against GWS and 1 against an injury depleted Blues who somehow nearly over run them despite lack of rotations.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #38 on: May 26, 2013, 12:34:34 AM »
Hello ninth again!   :-X

If Adelaide beats North tomorrow we'll drop to 10th with the Eagles in Perth to come next  :help.

dwaino

« Reply #39 on: May 26, 2013, 12:36:49 AM »
Goodbye top 8, has been swell.

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #40 on: May 26, 2013, 12:41:46 AM »
We will finish 11-11 or 12-10 at best.
Not enough to make finals.
We won't beat the sides above us.
It pains me but that is the truth unfortunately.

Online Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Richmond, Premiers 2017.2019
« Reply #41 on: May 26, 2013, 01:06:06 AM »
The truth hurts sometimes Tucker's especially when we get too excited and our hopes raise far and above the teams capabilities.
We still come to these games and continually our hopes are shattered.

I'm starting to wonder if we all may need some kind of therapy or are we just plain algolagnists.

We truly have put up with too much poo for far too long.
The club that keeps giving.

Rampstar

« Reply #42 on: May 26, 2013, 08:53:13 AM »
The truth hurts sometimes Tucker's especially when we get too excited and our hopes raise far and above the teams capabilities.

I'm starting to wonder if we all may need some kind of therapy or are we just plain algolagnists.

the answer is kids like Vlastuin and Ellis and Conca not Maric or Houli or Grigg or Knights or Chaplin or Lonergan or Stephenson. As long as the likes of Nahas and McGuane and Jackson etc etc get games in our in 22 we wont ever amount to anything and we wont play finals. I feel sorry for the boys in question, they try but they cant take us to finals.

Online Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Richmond, Premiers 2017.2019
« Reply #43 on: May 26, 2013, 09:10:13 AM »

the answer is kids like Vlastuin and Ellis and Conca not Maric or Houli or Grigg or Knights or Chaplin or Lonergan or Stephenson. As long as the likes of Nahas and McGuane and Jackson etc etc get games in our in 22 we wont ever amount to anything and we wont play finals. I feel sorry for the boys in question, they try but they cant take us to finals.
We must improve our recruiting & development over & above what we've already done as a club.
Our own reserves team should be a big help.

Getting our second round picks right even our 3rd round also. This is where teams like Geelong are so far ahead of the game they never look like falling down the ladder.

Last night was disappointing because I feel that Essendank aren't that good and their list isn't much better than ours. We rock up to another big game and our team doesn't even show up.
You could see it in the first quarter that once again they were overawed by the big game stage. Our team has a long way to go but we've seen them play well plenty of times before and for some reason if its a big game they all go to pieces. This issue is purely mental.
You can't tell me that the bums are that far ahead of us.
The club that keeps giving.

Rampstar

« Reply #44 on: May 26, 2013, 09:24:59 AM »

We must improve our recruiting & development over & above what we've already done as a club.
Our own reserves team should be a big help.

Getting our second round picks right even our 3rd round also. This is where teams like Geelong are so far ahead of the game they never look like falling down the ladder.

Last night was disappointing because I feel that Essendank aren't that good and their list isn't much better than ours. We rock up to another big game and our team doesn't even show up.
You could see it in the first quarter that once again they were overawed by the big game stage. Our team has a long way to go but we've seen them play well plenty of times before and for some reason if its a big game they all go to pieces. This issue is purely mental.
You can't tell me that the bums are that far ahead of us.

Sadly they are a fair way in front of us IMHO. There 2nd tier players are much better than ours.