Author Topic: Nathan snapped his leg  (Read 6939 times)

Ox

Re: Nathan snapped his leg
« Reply #60 on: May 31, 2005, 05:40:00 PM »
lmao

Moi

« Reply #61 on: February 02, 2006, 08:56:11 AM »
Gerard Healy said he spoke to a few orthopaedic surgeons and they said it will probably take up to 12 months before running again.
What an amazing recovery by Browny to be where he is in less time than predicted by the experts. From what i saw of him the other day, he seems to be walking almost as if it never happened.  And to see him run around mongrel tackling Joel was awesome.

Congratulations to him and the work he's put in - and thank God he had some great surgeons  :thumbsup

Memories of how sick we all felt at that time - it was like a death in the family to see someone's career go just like that.  Browny had other ideas it seems  :clapping

Offline Mini Tiger

• Future Richmond star
  • Is that a change on the horizon?
« Reply #62 on: February 02, 2006, 09:23:07 AM »
I remember watching the game on telly and thinking, we are getting done, I listened on the radio to check and they said about Brown breaking his leg (Whelan) and I didn't hear how severe it was, thought I should watch the rest of the game... needless to say I was shocked, and even thinking of it now, I can see his face, leg, ouch...

Well done to him, he has a bigger drive than I thought. Very competitive and a super effort.

Go Browny! Go Tigers!

Offline Harry

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Fighting injustice and incompetence
« Reply #63 on: February 02, 2006, 02:02:15 PM »
Never in doubt.

A clean break in the middle of the bone is no where near as bad as a knee reco.  If it had been a shattered bone or a break near the ankle or knee joints then different story.  In hindsight Rodans injury was far worse.  Minimal risk of re-injuring a broken bone. 
Does anyone have half an idea on anything?

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #64 on: February 19, 2006, 06:27:22 AM »
I was following the soccer overnight and heard one of the Man U players, Allan Smith, had broken his leg and dislocated his ankle in the FA Cup match against Liverpool. The game only had a minute or two to go as well. Made me instantly think of the vision of Browny that horrible night last year.

Smith's injury sounds pretty horrific but I was listening over the net so haven't seen any pics or vision (don't particularly want to either). The reports had Man U teammates nearby recoiling back in horror and Sir Alex Ferguson said it was the worse injury he's ever seen. Just read the British tv didn't zoom in like Ch 9 did with Browny straight after he went down. Smith is normally a bit of a hothead but you've got to feel for any player in that situation. Poor bugger :(.   
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Ox

« Reply #65 on: February 19, 2006, 01:33:14 PM »
Gerard Healy said he spoke to a few orthopaedic surgeons and they said it will probably take up to 12 months before running again.

Memories of how sick we all felt at that time - it was like a death in the family to see someone's career go just like that.  Browny had other ideas it seems  :clapping

Bloody Oath Froarter.

I remember thinking, "Why the stuff does this crap always happen to us"

Was really like a death.

Moi

« Reply #66 on: February 19, 2006, 01:43:00 PM »
I saw that soccer player MT - unfortunately they didn't give us a frame by frame pic of the incident lol
Nathan is awesome - so glad he's ours  :thumbsup

Offline Captain__Blood

• Premiership Captain
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #67 on: February 19, 2006, 02:46:12 PM »
Smith's looked horrbile. United players neally chucked.

In recent times: Smith (Utd), Brown (Richmond), Cissse (Liverpool)

:(

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #68 on: February 19, 2006, 10:39:57 PM »
The news showed it briefly tonight. Smith's leg got caught underneath his body as he slid and it just buckled  :o  :help :(.

Offline Captain__Blood

• Premiership Captain
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #69 on: February 19, 2006, 11:52:45 PM »
The news showed it briefly tonight. Smith's leg got caught underneath his body as he slid and it just buckled  :o  :help :(.

I think...

He was running full belt to try and intercept the free kick (which he did..), his studs got caught in the ground and his body went over his leg and twisted... and it snapped.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #70 on: February 20, 2006, 03:29:14 AM »

I think...

He was running full belt to try and intercept the free kick (which he did..), his studs got caught in the ground and his body went over his leg and twisted... and it snapped.

Yep that's what happened. He's whole bodyweight was forced onto his caught leg and it gave way.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #71 on: January 07, 2008, 04:37:06 AM »
Since when does Browny breaking his leg get classed under "The sporting world's weirdest injuries"  ???. And you can vote for your "favourite" in today's Sydney Daily Telegraph :-X.

http://www.news.com.au/dailytelegraph/story/0,22049,23016042-5001023,00.html

blx

« Reply #72 on: January 07, 2008, 11:20:16 AM »
sheesh 1, dont do that to me. gave me a heartattack till i saw the date.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #73 on: January 07, 2008, 03:24:58 PM »
Just re-reading this thread brings back how absolutely guttered we all were that night. Hopefully Browny can finally put it all behind him this year :pray. Best of all would be a triumphal return to the Dome and a win over the Dees.

Offline torch

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • 28YrM&8YrMRC 🏆🏆🏆 ‘17, ‘19-‘20; 2 x Attendee 🐯
« Reply #74 on: January 09, 2008, 12:27:30 AM »
why would you want to remind us about this ???

i thought it happened again ...

when Brown went down ...

Richmond went down ...