Author Topic: Richmond vs Melbourne - Round 8, 2013  (Read 13421 times)

Offline YellowandBlackBlood

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Richmond vs Melbourne - Round 8, 2013
« Reply #150 on: May 19, 2013, 06:16:42 PM »
Bring back Maric asap. Stephenson got murdered today.

Nahas not uo to AFL level.

Agreed on both points, but who do you bring in for Nahas?
Arnott. He can rotate in the midfield too.
OER. Calling it as it is since 2004.

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #151 on: May 19, 2013, 06:17:49 PM »
You tell me Smokey, they working to script or what?  I know what bulls1 t smells like, And the umpiring was first and foremost stinking up the joint today.  You can't trust what you are watching anymore.

Spot on my feathered friend.   :thumbsup

Offline TigerLand

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • I <3 Mrs Hardwick
« Reply #152 on: May 19, 2013, 06:18:12 PM »
Game proved 3 things to me today.

1.  You cannot possibly compete on an even playing field when the maggots decide otherwise.

2.  You cannot possibly win big when the opposition coach floods the crap out of the game with no other intention than saving his arse by limiting the margin.

3.  You cannot possibly win big when you play dumb dumb dumb football.

Good post.

We were bit sloppy, had a horrible conversion rate in front of goal where as Melbourne were lucky and kicked straight if we had their conversion rate and they had ours we win by 16 goals.

Good kick up the butt this week to make sure we are ripe for Essendon who had a tough close game against the Lions.

Vlastiun and Ellis big big positives.
Go Tigers!

Online Go Richo 12

• Richmond tragic, bleeding heart, hopeless cricketer and terrible fisherman.
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #153 on: May 19, 2013, 06:21:58 PM »
Not sure why people thought we would win by 100+ points. Melbourne were always going to flood and make it a scrappy game. They did this well and we didn't handle it that great.
However, glass half full here... we smashed them in possesions, inside 50's, contested posessions, clearances, contested marks, and were relatively even with tackles. The only stat we got murdered was hit outs.
We got game time into Foley, Vlas and Ellis killed them whilst Cotch and Lids were relatively quiet.
If we kicked straight we have got a result that truly reflected the game, 60+ points.

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #154 on: May 19, 2013, 06:22:36 PM »
Midfielders please note:

DON'T KICK TO A SMALL (nahas/king) INSIDE FORWARD 50 UNLESS HE'S ON HIS OWN!

Simple I know but we are talking about Richmond here.

Agree!

How many times did we kick it to Nahas one out with Garland...

Really scary stat that McGuane is our most "kicked to" target this year. Its a positive we aren't always going to Jack but if we are going to go to a player, cause Jack is double teamed, I'd much rather it be Aaron Edwards or Vickery. In saying that 0/4 from Vickery was poor but at least he played a decent game around the ground.

The problem wasn't who we kicked it to in the forward line, it was how.  That's mainly what I was referring to with "dumb dumb dumb" football.  I got sick to death of Melbourne on their few forays forward lowering their eyes and kicking low to a leading target while we kept blazing away with kicks that were landing on the heads of our forwards.  The definition of stupidity is when you keep doing the same thing and expecting a different outcome.  Today, our players = stupidity.

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #155 on: May 19, 2013, 06:26:12 PM »

Good kick up the butt this week to make sure we are ripe for Essendon who had a tough close game against the Lions.

Vlastiun and Ellis big big positives.

Agree Pope, these were the biggest (only) positives I got out of today as well.  The look on the player's faces after the game said it all.  None looked happy with the win and there is now absolutely no danger of big heads ruling next Saturday night.

Online Go Richo 12

• Richmond tragic, bleeding heart, hopeless cricketer and terrible fisherman.
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #156 on: May 19, 2013, 06:26:42 PM »
Midfielders please note:

Agree!

Really scary stat that McGuane is our most "kicked to" target this year. Its a positive we aren't always going to Jack but if we are going to go to a player, cause Jack is double teamed, I'd much rather it be Aaron Edwards or Vickery. In saying that 0/4 from Vickery was poor but at least he played a decent game around the ground.

The problem wasn't who we kicked it to in the forward line, it was how.  That's mainly what I was referring to with "dumb dumb dumb" football.  I got sick to death of Melbourne on their few forays forward lowering their eyes and kicking low to a leading target while we kept blazing away with kicks that were landing on the heads of our forwards.  The definition of stupidity is when you keep doing the same thing and expecting a different outcome.  Today, our players = stupidity.
Maybe they are being told to play that way?
Either way, it's not a great tactic.

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #157 on: May 19, 2013, 06:28:19 PM »
Midfielders please note:

Agree!

Maybe they are being told to play that way?
Either way, it's not a great tactic.

You would hope not GR12 because it is not the way to win games of football.

TigerTimeII

« Reply #158 on: May 19, 2013, 06:36:26 PM »
never walked away from a win feeling like we lost

thats our worst win in history

Offline Simonator

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #159 on: May 19, 2013, 06:37:39 PM »
Vlastuin reminds me of Joel Selwood, but Vlastuin actually wins free kicks fairly. Played a huge game today but we shouldn't talk him up too much because as soon as he has a bad game you know everyone will say he should be dropped.

TigerTimeII

« Reply #160 on: May 19, 2013, 06:44:10 PM »
Vlastuin reminds me of Joel Selwood, but Vlastuin actually wins free kicks fairly. Played a huge game today but we shouldn't talk him up too much because as soon as he has a bad game you know everyone will say he should be dropped.

no chance he is a workhorse and class act

winner

Online Damo

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Member of famed “Gang Of Four”. Ground the airbus!
« Reply #161 on: May 19, 2013, 06:47:41 PM »
never walked away from a win feeling like we lost

thats our worst win in history

Crap.

McMahon goaling after the siren to beat the dees when they were trying to lose was obviously a far worse win.

tony_montana

« Reply #162 on: May 19, 2013, 06:50:47 PM »
You tell me Smokey, they working to script or what?  I know what bulls1 t smells like, And the umpiring was first and foremost stinking up the joint today.  You can't trust what you are watching anymore.

Having a whinge about the umpires is sweeping under the carpet what the real smell was. We were just putrid today, yep the umps were bad but it had no influence on the way we played today, we waltzed out there like a bunch of millionaires. The scary thing was this was the same mindset we used to take into seasons after we finished 9th the year before "no worries boys, we're there, just have to rock up next season and we're playing finals" we'd be sacking a coach halfway through the season. Dont know wtf it is down there but our club continues time and again to get way to comfortable with themselves. Today was UNACCEPTABLE. That poor excuse of a football side has been losing by an average losing margin of 78pts. We missed goals bc all our shots were on a 45 degree angle or quick snaps shots under pressure, we didnt dominate the corridor like we should have to kick easy ones. The only time the tempo was acceptable was the last qtr when we went for the kill, the first 3 qtrs were stuffing pathetic

Offline Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Richmond, Premiers 2017.2019.2020
« Reply #163 on: May 19, 2013, 06:55:08 PM »
Not sure why people thought we would win by 100+ points. Melbourne were always going to flood and make it a scrappy game. They did this well and we didn't handle it that great.
However, glass half full here... we smashed them in possesions, inside 50's, contested posessions, clearances, contested marks, and were relatively even with tackles. The only stat we got murdered was hit outs.
We got game time into Foley, Vlas and Ellis killed them whilst Cotch and Lids were relatively quiet.
If we kicked straight we have got a result that truly reflected the game, 60+ points.
Because we were playing a rabble that's been on its knees.
...and simply, we should have!

There's no excuses for what happened today IMO.
34 points hard fought victory..... Pffft!!!
The club that keeps giving.

tony_montana

« Reply #164 on: May 19, 2013, 07:00:36 PM »
spot on MrT but the usual apologist sheep will be on here telling us to move along nothing to see here. Sometimes you have to take a stand and say its just not good enough, nothing less than a win against the roid ragers next week will make up for this poo. Thanks goodness it was the mrs bday today so I didnt go along to the game - wouldve done a stuffing coronary