Author Topic: Coburg vs Werribee, Sat. May 18  (Read 3778 times)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Re: Coburg vs Werribee, Sat. May 18
« Reply #30 on: May 18, 2013, 04:38:55 PM »
And that's the final score:

Full time.

Coburg      3.3     7.4       8.7       12.11-83
Werribee   9.3   15.6     23.8      27.10-172

Goals: McDonough 3, McBean 2, Clifton 2, A.Edwards, Griffiths, Carnell, Saad, Abdallah

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #31 on: May 18, 2013, 04:47:24 PM »
20 Richmond listed players from Thursday's selected team and even if a few play tomorrow against the fairies that still leaves about 15 RFC listed players for Coburg Al. :thumbsup
yeah, but when they talk about increased depth they mean for richmond.

injuries to senior players will hurt coburg more because it is the better performing players that they lose.

our depth, or lack of it, is measured by our senior team's performance when injuries hit, not coburgs.
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #32 on: May 18, 2013, 05:27:39 PM »
2013 Peter Jackson VFL

Werribee Tigers   9.3  15.6  23.8  27.10 (172)
Coburg Tigers      3.3    7.4    8.7  12.11 (83)

GOALS:
Werribee Tigers: Brown 5 Warren 5 Clouston 3 Maric 3 Gysberts 2 Meredith  Moore  Graham  Wood  Harper  Martiniello  McGenniss  Ross  Keras
Coburg Tigers: McDONOUGH 3 McBean 2 Clifton 2 Carnell  Saad  A.Edwards  Griffiths  Abdallah

BEST:
Werribee Tigers: Moore Greenwood Brown Kennedy Gysberts Warren
Coburg Tigers: Clifton Venditti Lonergan Carnell Darrou McDONOUGH

https://reg.sportingpulse.com/olr_v5/rpt_progressive.cgi?aID=4138&pg=1&a=MR

Offline taztiger4

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Shovelheads - Keeping hipsters off Harley's
« Reply #33 on: May 18, 2013, 05:30:38 PM »
Dont know how Darrou got in the bests, was woeful & thats being nice

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #34 on: May 18, 2013, 07:11:01 PM »
Here's a write up of the game and each RFC player by RT on BF:

http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threads/vs-werribee-saturday-werribee.1006232/page-4#post-28293889

Did you go today taz? If so who did you think was in the bests?

Offline taztiger4

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Shovelheads - Keeping hipsters off Harley's
« Reply #35 on: May 18, 2013, 08:34:52 PM »
Here's a write up of the game and each RFC player by RT on BF:

http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threads/vs-werribee-saturday-werribee.1006232/page-4#post-28293889

Did you go today taz? If so who did you think was in the bests?

Yes mate I went, my bests were Matty Mcdonough & Elton ,Lonergan was ok, Nick Carnell hurt & turned over a few but was ok,Griff & Astbury were meh, Derrickx battled it out, Nick Maric reasonable,Beano tried,missed a sitter & turned at least one over
Bad day all round

Offline YellowandBlackBlood

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #36 on: May 18, 2013, 10:20:37 PM »
I've been saying it for a while. Elton can be made into a very good backman.
OER. Calling it as it is since 2004.

Offline bojangles17

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Platinum member 33 years
« Reply #37 on: May 18, 2013, 10:33:41 PM »
I've been saying it for a while. Elton can be made into a very good backman.

Oh boy yea why not turn another prodigious talent into a defender, has worked with griff  ::)
RFC 1885, Often Imitated, Never Equalled

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #38 on: May 19, 2013, 12:01:36 AM »
20 Richmond listed players from Thursday's selected team and even if a few play tomorrow against the fairies that still leaves about 15 RFC listed players for Coburg Al. :thumbsup
yeah, but when they talk about increased depth they mean for richmond.

injuries to senior players will hurt coburg more because it is the better performing players that they lose.

our depth, or lack of it, is measured by our senior team's performance when injuries hit, not coburgs.

I agree but there were still 15 RFC listed players playing at least playing for Coburg in their 15 goal loss today. 20 were named in the side on Thursday at least about 15-18 RFC listed players ran out for Coburg today that's a large percentage we are not at the epidemic proportions of June July last year when injuries ravaged the RFC and were we're calling on blokes like White McGuane Derickx and co to front up for RFC leaving Coburg's stocks threadbare hence the blowouts last year due to lack of personnel.

This year the injuries for RFC have not been as plentiful thankfully therefore RFC listed players have been able to front up for Coburg leaving them stronger on field one would think or so we thought. That is the second blowout this year. All I am saying is the RFC depth may not be as strong as we think or were lauding given some of the results for Coburg this year. Fair question I would think despite some RFC players pressing for selection in the last few weeks. :shh

Offline yellowandback

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #39 on: May 19, 2013, 05:57:17 AM »
Is not freakin depth, it's options.
Our so called depth players wouldn't get a game in most AFL teams first chosen 22 or 26 for that.
However, they are seasoned, afl size and can step in which avoids our younger players being exposed too early.
Teams like Hawthorn, Geelong and Collingwood have depth,  we have options that are not necessarily good enough to play consistently at AFL level.
It's that simple Spud
"I discussed (it) with my three daughters, my wife and my 82-year-old mum, because it has really affected me … If those comments … were made about one of my daughters, it would make the hairs on the back of my neck stand up. I would not have liked it at all.”

Offline MADTIGER2010

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #40 on: May 19, 2013, 08:15:33 AM »
Coburg are crap. Not long to go now until we have the tiger reserves

Offline greyhound bob

• Tiger Rookie
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #41 on: May 19, 2013, 08:34:32 AM »
Insipid effort at best , Richmond cant afford any more injuries no one you could even think of promoting on that pathetic effort didn't seem to be many who wanted the hard ball.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #42 on: May 20, 2013, 09:57:14 PM »
MATCH REPORT vs Werribee (Round 6)
Coburg website
Monday, 20 May 2013

Coburg suffered a big loss to the Werribee Tigers on Saturday at Avalon Airport Oval. With both teams struggling to find consistent form early in the season, it promised to be a tight encounter, so it was a surprise for many when Werribee were able to come out on top by 91 points.

The first quarter set the scene for the day in many ways. Werribee took control in the center, Coburg not helped by the fact that in form Orren Stephenson had been called up to the AFL to honor his dominant start to the season. As well as winning the mid-field battle, Werribee's forward line were functioning like a well oiled machine, their big men clunking big marks or breaking packs for the small forwards, who were taking full advantage. Coburg had scarce chances and went in to the first break 6 goals down. McDonough was the shining light for Coburg, showing clean first use and making the most of limited opportunity to kick 2 goals for the quarter.

Coburg showed much more positive signs at the beginning of the second quarter. Winning more ball through the middle, they were giving their forwards a much better chance to get in to the game. At one stage, after captain Nick Carnell slotted through his only goal for the day, Coburg were within 20 points and looked as if they were going to make a real contest. Werribee managed to hit back with a few quick goals towards the end of the term however, and went in to half time leading by 50 points. Key forwards Edwards and McBean were kept very quiet for the half, only kicking 1 goal between them.

Any hope held by Coburg players and fans quickly vanished in the third quarter. Werribee took full control of the match, barely letting Coburg inside their forward 50. The result was an 8 goal to 1 quarter, and a 91 point deficit going in to the last change.

It could have been expected that Coburg would drop their heads in the final quarter of a very tough day, but to the players credit they mustered up some effort and put in their best performance of the match. Edwards finally got his hands on the ball and managed to kick his only goal, and the exciting Adam Saad looked much more promising after struggling in the first half. McDonough added to his goal tally, kicking his third towards the end of the term to finalise an impressive individual performance. The result of this improvement was 4 goals a piece for the quarter, with the margin remaining at 91 points at the end of the day.

Arnott, Nahas, Dea and Stephenson were all missing after having played most of the season for Coburg, and this took a lot of grunt out of their run through the middle - being somewhat a catalyst for the defeat.

Werribee 27.10.172
Coburg 12.11.83

Goals: McDonough 3, Clifton, Mcbean 2, Edwards, Griffiths, Carnell, Saad, Abdallah 1.

Best: McDonough, Darrou, Carnell, Lonergan, Venditti, Clifton.

The Coburg development squad also went down by 32 points earlier in the day. Vesnaver kicked 6 goals in the loss, but ultimately it was a disappointing weekend for the club.

http://www.sportingpulse.com/club_info.cgi?client=1-118-10471-0-18717695&sID=56260&&news_task=DETAIL&articleID=23700718

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #43 on: May 21, 2013, 04:29:04 PM »
VIDEO: Coburg 'highlights' from the weekend .....

http://www.richmondfc.com.au/video/2013-05-21/coburg-highlights-round-6

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #44 on: May 21, 2013, 08:05:53 PM »
Coburg stats from the weekend:

Lonergan    20d 19k    1h  2m  7t                  2b ........ named 3rd best for Coburg
Astbury      17d 15k    2h  8m  1t
Elton          16d 11k    5h  6m  4t
McDonough 13d   9k   4h   4m  5t            3g  ............ named 6th best for Coburg
McBean       13d   9k   4h   5m  5t    5ho   2g 1b
A.Edwards  13d   8k    5h   4m  1t            1g
Darrou       12d 10k    2h   6m  1t  ............................ named 5th best for Coburg             
McIntosh    11d   7k    4h   2m  2t
Verrier       10d   7k    3h   1m  2t
Helbig          9d   3k    6h   1m  5t
Griffiths        8d   4k   4h   3m  1t    7ho   1g
Derickx         7d   6k   1h   3m  2t  37ho
Simon           7d   3k  4h   2m  1t                 1b

http://www.sportingpulse.com/round_info.cgi?a=MATCH&fixture=123978256&c=1-118-0-253880-0&pool=1