Author Topic: Xbox One  (Read 41546 times)

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Xbox One
« Reply #480 on: August 24, 2016, 02:34:46 PM »
All the games seem to be the same so what's the difference bw xbox and ps?

TBH I'm not totally sure. I jumped ship to PS because it was free for online which obviously isn't the case now with PS4 and xbone, but I just stuck with it. For a lot of people I know it's either the exclusive games (xbone has Forza, not really sure about PS) or they get what all their mates have.

dwaino

« Reply #481 on: August 24, 2016, 07:53:25 PM »
There are exclusives to either but there is little difference under the hood. They are just two different brands of the same thing and have to have some sort of parity so developers can produce the same games for both. At the moment the PS4 is slightly more powerful than the XB1 but with the PS Neo and XB Scorpio on the horizon the XB will take over. Might be a bit late though as Sony have smashed Microsoft in console sales. Sounds like consoles will be going the way of phones and tablets and stuff in that there will just be new iterations of them every few years (the Neo and Scorpio being the first reiterations of the PS4 and XB1). It's a great move IMO with the pace of hardware evolution (consoles are severely lagging behind PCs by the end of their life cycles) and it means games will forever be backwards compatible.

Games wise the rest of the year is going to be hectic after a massive drought. So mix coming out. Just getting my teeth into new Deus Ex. Early next year looks busy too.

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #482 on: August 24, 2016, 10:08:23 PM »
Any in particular you look forward to? I sort of fell out of it for a while but still played my sport games a bit.

Dougeytherichmondfan

« Reply #483 on: August 24, 2016, 11:38:54 PM »
There are exclusives to either but there is little difference under the hood. They are just two different brands of the same thing and have to have some sort of parity so developers can produce the same games for both. At the moment the PS4 is slightly more powerful than the XB1 but with the PS Neo and XB Scorpio on the horizon the XB will take over. Might be a bit late though as Sony have smashed Microsoft in console sales. Sounds like consoles will be going the way of phones and tablets and stuff in that there will just be new iterations of them every few years (the Neo and Scorpio being the first reiterations of the PS4 and XB1). It's a great move IMO with the pace of hardware evolution (consoles are severely lagging behind PCs by the end of their life cycles) and it means games will forever be backwards compatible.

Games wise the rest of the year is going to be hectic after a massive drought. So mix coming out. Just getting my teeth into new Deus Ex. Early next year looks busy too.

Simply put I prefer the PS controller. Its not nearly as cumbersome and I've always felt the buttons had a better feel (excuse the pun). I've grown up with the PS (although I had a 64 as a kid) so I don't think I'll be changing it up unless the xboxs totally supersede the PS.

For a great laugh check out the South Park episodes called "Black Friday".

Offline Harry

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Fighting injustice and incompetence
« Reply #484 on: August 25, 2016, 12:08:48 AM »
Commodore 64 - classic.  Bubble bobble, wonderboy, arkanoid, 1942, wizard of war, international karate +, boulder dash, summer games, winter games, giana sisters, leaderboard, pitstop, barbarian, buggy boy, california games, yie ar kung fu.  Great games.  When you had to press play on the cassette player and watch the colour screen for a few minutes while it loaded.  Sometimes you'd get the error message and you'd have to rewind and start again lol.  Proper gaming experience.

Does anyone have half an idea on anything?

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
« Reply #485 on: August 25, 2016, 12:15:14 AM »
Only Atari is real....
"Tradition is not the worship of ashes, but the preservation of fire." 

- Gustav Mahler

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #486 on: August 25, 2016, 01:20:37 AM »

Simply put I prefer the PS controller. Its not nearly as cumbersome and I've always felt the buttons had a better feel (excuse the pun). I've grown up with the PS (although I had a 64 as a kid) so I don't think I'll be changing it up unless the xboxs totally supersede the PS.

For a great laugh check out the South Park episodes called "Black Friday".

Interesting. The ps4 controller is definitely improved but I hated to ps3 one. Xbox has always had better controllers IMO until now they are pretty much just take what you prefer

dwaino

« Reply #487 on: August 25, 2016, 10:17:33 AM »
The DS3 felt too light and the sticks had very little resistance. I was a bigger fan of the 360 controller and I probably still prefer the XB1 controller over the DS4. DS4 is certainly an improvement though. Bigger, feels more robust and the sticks have better resistance.

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #488 on: August 25, 2016, 10:22:12 AM »
The DS3 felt too light and the sticks had very little resistance. I was a bigger fan of the 360 controller and I probably still prefer the XB1 controller over the DS4. DS4 is certainly an improvement though. Bigger, feels more robust and the sticks have better resistance.

What got me was the triggers didn't concave on the PS3 controller which was frustrating

dwaino

« Reply #489 on: August 25, 2016, 10:25:02 AM »
Any in particular you look forward to? I sort of fell out of it for a while but still played my sport games a bit.

There's the standards like Battlefield 1, FIFA 17 which will be now be using the Frostbyte engine (the demo should be out any week now), Tomb Raider on PS4 as the XB1 timed exclusive is finished. The Skyrim re-release is one I'm looking forward too, more so idiot another excuse to play it even though my PC still pushes it harder (i5-4690, GTX980). Next year two huge ones should drop, Horizon Zero Dawn (ps4 exclusive) and Mass Effect: Andromeda.

dwaino

« Reply #490 on: August 25, 2016, 10:28:48 AM »

What got me was the triggers didn't concave on the PS3 controller which was frustrating

That shitted me too. I actually used Afterglow controllers for PS3. I have big hands so the DS3 was always too awkward. The Afterglow controllers were shaped like 360 ones. I'm having no dramas with the DS4 though, but I still think the XB1 controller is the most comfortable. I would happily play either console full time but all my friends play PS so I stick with it to play together. I am getting attached to my trophy count though  ;D