Author Topic: Xbox One  (Read 41519 times)

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
Xbox One
« on: May 24, 2013, 12:24:31 AM »
Any avid gamers here? Saw a little of the release and really not impressed. All Sony have to do is add a cool design and they'll already be ahead IMO and have my money

dwaino

Re: Xbox One
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2013, 07:19:23 AM »
Gamerholic here. Danog is one too but is a Dota nerd so he doesn't count.

Micro$oft forgetting that it's a gaming console and are trying to get even grannies involved with crap features. Kotaku reported the other day that many of the features might only be for US which makes it worse. From what has been released it looks slightly less powered than the PS4 and while consoles are generally optimised so well that it doesn't matter the 3 operating systems could be a drainer. Maybe that's why they're chucking in 8GB DDR3? They've reported that no online connection required but some are saying that's misinformation.

While Sony haven't said if the PS4 will require a connection or be able to play or a requirement to pay for a key to play pre owned, so far the system is coming out on top. I'll no doubt buy both though like I do currently as well as keep my beastly PC rig up to date  ;D

Offline Coach

• Hardly A Prude
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Depend on Schulzy
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2013, 12:21:57 PM »
Will the mofos still be releasing games on 360? Considering my house burned down I don't want to fork out $$ for the Xbox one

dwaino

« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2013, 12:45:35 PM »
Will the mofos still be releasing games on 360? Considering my house burned down I don't want to fork out $$ for the Xbox one

There will be some things released on current and next gen.

Different tech so current games won't be compatible on the new consoles. Same goes with peripherals.

Reckon new consoles will be cheaper or there abouts than previous gens. PS3 launched at $999 AUD but they won't be doing that again. There are reports there will be different XB1 versions on launch and the standard version will come in at $499 USD.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2013, 12:12:12 AM by dwaino »

dwaino

« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2013, 12:46:36 PM »
Can't wait for E3 to finally see the new tech in action!

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2013, 06:06:42 PM »

Micro$oft forgetting that it's a gaming console and are trying to get even grannies involved with crap features. Kotaku reported the other day that many of the features might only be for US which makes it worse. From what has been released it looks slightly less powered than the PS4 and while consoles are generally optimised so well that it doesn't matter the 3 operating systems could be a drainer. Maybe that's why they're chucking in 8GB DDR3? They've reported that no online connection required but some are saying that's misinformation.

While Sony haven't said if the PS4 will require a connection or be able to play or a requirement to pay for a key to play pre owned, so far the system is coming out on top. I'll no doubt buy both though like I do currently as well as keep my beastly PC rig up to date  ;D

Might make it better  :clapping
I didn't think the ps4 was released yet how do you know its less powered? I also heard it had to be connected online 24/7 (well when its on that is).
Yeah I'll probably end up with both but which one gets my hard earned and which one waits until its half the price is left all up to Sony.
Can't stand playing games on PC, dunno why

dwaino

« Reply #6 on: May 24, 2013, 06:34:50 PM »

Might make it better  :clapping
I didn't think the ps4 was released yet how do you know its less powered? I also heard it had to be connected online 24/7 (well when its on that is).
Yeah I'll probably end up with both but which one gets my hard earned and which one waits until its half the price is left all up to Sony.
Can't stand playing games on PC, dunno why

This is what is known so far http://au.ign.com/wikis/xbox-one/PS4_vs._Xbox_One_vs._Wii_U_Comparison_Chart

Sony let on even less than MS did at their unveiling. We'll know the full deal when E3 comes around I reckon.

Micro$oft stated that the XB1 will not be 'always online' but some people has stated that is false as they have read other places (I think from leaks, so take it with a grain of salt at the moment) that you need to connect once every 24 hours, and you will need a connection to verify games when you first install them but can later play them off line (CD-KEY).

PC gaming is a dying form still :( I tend to look up what a game's leading platform is and get it on that. Except first person games which I typically get on PC, unless it's a crappy port (which is 90% of the time  >:(). Currently trying to determine whether or not the price to upgrade my GTX 680 to the new 780 is justifiable at the moment lol.

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #7 on: May 25, 2013, 12:43:46 AM »
Cheers for that link  :thumbsup

Very confusing about the online. Don't like how the connect always has to be plugged in (someone told me that so don't know if true) would be a hassle as I have Kinect but never use it. Just more expenses for stuff I don't want. Which brings on paying to play games you borrow  :banghead. There's not many games I didn't borrow from a friend to try first then buy.

Only PC games I play are Sims...
You might get a laugh out of this if you haven't seen it... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y2F3ZWEEbF4
Downloaded it on steam and it is that shocking that it's fun for a short time

dwaino

« Reply #8 on: May 25, 2013, 08:40:11 AM »
I'm the same with kinect lol. I bought it because I just HAD to have the Star Wars game... Never played it. Still sitting there. And the only use my kinect has ever got was when I used it to call plays on Madden 13 because it's easier than trying to sift through the menus. But the new one comes with kinect and shouldn't be a big deal just to have it plugged in. It's not like it's an added expense.

I still haven't tried Surgeon Sim but have watched a few of those videos  :lol seems to be a hit on Steam.

I love PC gaming but it can get annoying with the constant need to upgrade compared to consoles where you buy it once and you're set. I'm a bit obsessive in that I tend to fret if I don't have the latest of stuff. My desktop rig is a GTX680, i5-2500k (stock clock even though it's mounted with a DH-14  :lol), 8GB DDR3 ripjaws, with a 1TB cav black HDD and Liteon 64GB SSD for cache/rapid share. This computer does nothing except for game (connected up with Razor Imperator and Black Widow 2 mouse/keyboard and Gamecom780 7.1 surround headset). At the moment I'm stressing about what to do with the graphics card. The new GTX 780 is $839 (Gigabyte version) and the 3GB VRAM is mouth watering enough. But it's probably only a 150% upgrade on my GTX680. The GTX690 still outperforms the 780 but it's one card of 2x 680 cores and older tech (but still on the 28nm die) and retails at $1100. Then there is the GTX Titan which is an absolute beast but comes in at $1300 and I wonder if spending $839 on a single step upgrade it would be better going the whole way and just chipping in a bit more for the Titan. And thus... Why PC gaming isn't attractive to a lot of people as it once was. Though if your computer can handle it there still a number of games that are just amazing amazing on PC compared to their console versions.

Crysis 3
Farcry 3
Metro 2033 (still haven't tried Last Night 1. I'm chicken 2. Apparently bringing a lot of high end rigs to their knees)
Bioshock Infinite
Sleeping Dogs
Battlefield 3
The Witcher 2
Skyrim

I've managed to play all of these on the highest settings and well worth it.

Crap time for gaming though since there isn't much coming out as they're waiting for the new consoles. I think The Last of Us is the only thing worth looking forward to on the PS3 and not sure about the 360 at the moment. I guess that gives me a chance to sink another 120hours into another Mass Effect 1, 2 and 3 play through  ;D

dwaino

« Reply #9 on: May 25, 2013, 08:53:57 AM »
Speaking of kinect and leaving it plugged in, I just remembered that NBA 2k13 will penalise you if you swear at the game and it hear you  :lol Dad was around a few weeks ago and he was talking to my missus while I was playing. It heard him swearing and I got pinged for it. Wasn't happy  :lol

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #10 on: May 25, 2013, 12:43:24 PM »
I'm the same with kinect lol. I bought it because I just HAD to have the Star Wars game... Never played it. Still sitting there. And the only use my kinect has ever got was when I used it to call plays on Madden 13 because it's easier than trying to sift through the menus. But the new one comes with kinect and shouldn't be a big deal just to have it plugged in. It's not like it's an added expense.

I still haven't tried Surgeon Sim but have watched a few of those videos  :lol seems to be a hit on Steam.

I love PC gaming but it can get annoying with the constant need to upgrade compared to consoles where you buy it once and you're set. I'm a bit obsessive in that I tend to fret if I don't have the latest of stuff. My desktop rig is a GTX680, i5-2500k (stock clock even though it's mounted with a DH-14  :lol), 8GB DDR3 ripjaws, with a 1TB cav black HDD and Liteon 64GB SSD for cache/rapid share. This computer does nothing except for game (connected up with Razor Imperator and Black Widow 2 mouse/keyboard and Gamecom780 7.1 surround headset). At the moment I'm stressing about what to do with the graphics card. The new GTX 780 is $839 (Gigabyte version) and the 3GB VRAM is mouth watering enough. But it's probably only a 150% upgrade on my GTX680. The GTX690 still outperforms the 780 but it's one card of 2x 680 cores and older tech (but still on the 28nm die) and retails at $1100. Then there is the GTX Titan which is an absolute beast but comes in at $1300 and I wonder if spending $839 on a single step upgrade it would be better going the whole way and just chipping in a bit more for the Titan. And thus... Why PC gaming isn't attractive to a lot of people as it once was. Though if your computer can handle it there still a number of games that are just amazing amazing on PC compared to their console versions.

Crysis 3
Farcry 3
Metro 2033 (still haven't tried Last Night 1. I'm chicken 2. Apparently bringing a lot of high end rigs to their knees)
Bioshock Infinite
Sleeping Dogs
Battlefield 3
The Witcher 2
Skyrim

I've managed to play all of these on the highest settings and well worth it.

Crap time for gaming though since there isn't much coming out as they're waiting for the new consoles. I think The Last of Us is the only thing worth looking forward to on the PS3 and not sure about the 360 at the moment. I guess that gives me a chance to sink another 120hours into another Mass Effect 1, 2 and 3 play through  ;D

I just imagine it breaking and having another thing to replace just to keep the thing running.
Just go all out ;)
Yeah I'm pretty much waiting for Fifa 14 to come out and looking forward to the NBA Live games to be back, preferred them over the 2k games when it came to gameplay. Otherwise I'll probably sift through the cheapo bin at EB. So I'm in for a bit of a wait. You know if they'll release it on the ps3 and 360 as well?

:lol Didn't know that about the kinect thats funny. Didn't bother with 2k13 as my player only started getting good in 12  :lol

dwaino

« Reply #11 on: May 25, 2013, 03:23:59 PM »
2k dropped their other titles to concentrate on NBA, I guess to fill EA's NBA and IMO it paid off. 2k13 is unreal. But after all this time out I bet EA's next NBA Live should rock  :cheers

I think both Fifa and NHL 14 are the only two coming out before the next gen since Madden just released an anniversary edition.

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #12 on: May 26, 2013, 09:01:53 PM »
2k dropped their other titles to concentrate on NBA, I guess to fill EA's NBA and IMO it paid off. 2k13 is unreal. But after all this time out I bet EA's next NBA Live should rock  :cheers

I think both Fifa and NHL 14 are the only two coming out before the next gen since Madden just released an anniversary edition.

Yeah I had 11 and 12, both were good games and made live look crappy, I just hope it steps up  :thumbsup

dwaino

« Reply #13 on: May 27, 2013, 10:36:34 AM »
What do you play Fifa on? I typically get them on Playstation so I can get smashed by my wog in laws.

Grabbed Metro Last Light for 360 on the weekend because I'm a pussy and can play it in the lounge room with the lights on.

And just because I'm going to now hijack this thread for all things gaming: 

http://www.pccasegear.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=23453 PCCG selling a system where nearly $3k of it is the graphics cards lol. It's overkill and unnecessary but some nuffies will buy it lol. 

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #14 on: May 29, 2013, 12:53:04 AM »
Xbox but thinking next one on ps3, I've started phasing my xbox out it's mostly used as a DVD player in my room

I'm not that with it when it comes to all the processing and graphics when it comes to computers and such