Author Topic: Xbox One  (Read 41532 times)

gerkin greg

Re: Xbox One
« Reply #15 on: May 29, 2013, 01:06:39 PM »
will this play my Atari 2600 games?

might wait for Xbox Two or Playstation 4

dwaino

« Reply #16 on: May 29, 2013, 04:38:21 PM »
"Why do they call it an Xbox 360? Because you turn 360 degrees and walk away."

"Why would I buy an Xbox One when I can get a Playstation 4?"

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #17 on: May 29, 2013, 05:24:59 PM »
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xQXV6I_Li7c

Although I question some of the stats it all makes sense

gerkin greg

« Reply #18 on: May 29, 2013, 05:30:20 PM »

Wouldn't that be a Xbox 180?

dwaino

« Reply #19 on: May 29, 2013, 05:39:47 PM »
Backwards compatibility isn't a big issue for me. The way I see it is, I buy a new console for new games, just like I upgrade or build my computer to play new games. I want to keep playing my 360/PS3 games... then I'll just turn on my 360 or PS3 lol.

Interesting that they're only going to try a Dark Soul's game play now lol. I still haven't finished it, I raged too much and gave up. My mate went through 3 controllers to finish it, says it was satisfying though.

dwaino

« Reply #20 on: May 29, 2013, 05:43:21 PM »

Wouldn't that be a Xbox 180?

No, because you turn around 360 degrees

dwaino

« Reply #21 on: May 29, 2013, 05:50:15 PM »
Playing through this at the moment http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WQ4udNLBC_s

Got it on 360 because I'm a pussy, but 2033 was so bloody good on PC and Last Light looks amazing so I can't wait to finish it and get it again for PC. It's a really good example for non-gaming types of how amazing story telling can be in video games (on top of a highly polished title).

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #22 on: May 29, 2013, 06:20:16 PM »
Would you recommend playing Metro 2033 first?

dwaino

« Reply #23 on: May 29, 2013, 07:01:54 PM »
Highly recommend playing it, but not necessarily in order. So far IMO Last Light is a better game, but that's probably because it's newer and they've fixed stuff that was a little average in 2033 (the stealth sometimes felt iffy, and sometimes it felt clunky killing stuff) and just made the good stuff better and just generally polished it up more. The tension is just as awesome. Love treading carefully on the surface in Last Light, constantly wiping the gas mask to clean the mud and blood off it, monitoring the time left on the filter and trying to strategically re-charge the battery on the light. You have to manage your ammo down to the last otherwise your stuffed.

The events of Last Light do happen after 2033 and it's the same character but they let you in on enough and you get the idea. You can find 2033 at most JBs or online pretty cheap these days.

I'm a massive pussy when it comes to horror games (but love the movies and books) and I couldn't handle stuff like Silent Hill and Dead Space, but I'm fine with Metro. There is the occasional jump scare but it's really tasteful. I just find the game really claustrophobic and suffocating, but you just want to keep playing to find out what happens next.

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #24 on: May 29, 2013, 07:05:36 PM »
Might invest in Metro 2033 and decide if I want to get Last Night on the next gen if at all.

Pretty pumped for Watch Dogs. Looks like it'd be hard to get everything to work perfectly to benefit you but if it's easy to get a hang of it could be very fun

dwaino

« Reply #25 on: May 29, 2013, 07:52:51 PM »
Last Light is on current gen  ;D but yeah, Metro is one of the better stories told in gaming at the moment.

Agree, how good does Watch Dogs look. Love the concept of the game and the back story. But good point about it maybe have too much going on. Good example recently was Assassin's Creed 3. Looked amazing, played amazing, but so much of it was redundant or didn't work together. Having said that, they've (Ubisoft as well) have tended to stick with what works and drop what doesn't. So I'm pretty confident that Assassin's Creed: Black Flags and Watch Dogs will turn out great.

We will have to have a game when Fifa 14 comes out  ;D

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #26 on: May 30, 2013, 01:46:25 AM »
Last Light is on current gen  ;D but yeah, Metro is one of the better stories told in gaming at the moment.

Agree, how good does Watch Dogs look. Love the concept of the game and the back story. But good point about it maybe have too much going on. Good example recently was Assassin's Creed 3. Looked amazing, played amazing, but so much of it was redundant or didn't work together. Having said that, they've (Ubisoft as well) have tended to stick with what works and drop what doesn't. So I'm pretty confident that Assassin's Creed: Black Flags and Watch Dogs will turn out great.

But it's meant to come out next gen too yeah? By the time I get through it etc I assumed it'd be out on the next gen  ;D

Yeah from the videos I saw of it they seemed to work it really well, so hopefully at worst it just takes a bit of practice.

What console do you plan to get it on?

dwaino

« Reply #27 on: May 30, 2013, 10:13:00 AM »
PS most likely  :cheers

gerkin greg

« Reply #28 on: May 30, 2013, 10:55:52 AM »
Good example recently was Assassin's Creed 3. Looked amazing, played amazing, but so much of it was redundant or didn't work together

wot u mean?

if anyone wants to get their ass handed to them on FIFA 98, look me up brahs

Inzaghi scores!!!!!!!!!!

dwaino

« Reply #29 on: May 30, 2013, 12:48:58 PM »
Good example recently was Assassin's Creed 3. Looked amazing, played amazing, but so much of it was redundant or didn't work together

wot u mean?

if anyone wants to get their ass handed to them on FIFA 98, look me up brahs

Inzaghi scores!!!!!!!!!!

Take redundant features like the homestead in AC3. Why do you rescue people on the frontier? So they can live at your homestead or nearby. Why do they live there? So they can generate supplies. What are the supplies for? To make things like wooden barrels. What are the wooden barrels and other junk for? To sell for money. What can you do with the money? .... ????

So they chuck this mess of features in, soak up some game time by making you do a few tutorials of it only for it to prove completely irrelevant and redundant. Looking at how they improved things like how you can level your assassins and stuff I imagine they'll integrate this resource and crafting system a little better next time.