Author Topic: Changes for next week against the Eagles?  (Read 4705 times)

Offline tigs2011

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Changes for next week against the Eagles?
« Reply #60 on: May 27, 2013, 01:28:52 PM »
Dare i say it ...

I really don't care what they do

While they continue to play blokes who are happy to be coasting along getting gifted games why should I bother giving a damn

Agreed.

Dare i say it ...

I really don't care what they do

While they continue to play blokes who are happy to be coasting along getting gifted games why should I bother giving a damn

Yes, unfortunately it's getting that way isn't it! We need a real shake up IMO.

As I said in an email this morning to some mates who weren't at the game:

"If the club is fair dinkum about things then they have to start dropping the coach’s favourites. Too many of them are coasting (if you want me to name them I will!) because they know they wont be dropped. I’d rather play kids who’ll bust their guts for you and lose than to get beaten like we did on Saturday night."

Name them. I'd be saying Grigg would be top of that list. But then guys like Jacko, Lonergan, Nahas, White, McGuane need to GTFO. Jacko probably the last to be phased out.

Offline JVT

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #61 on: May 27, 2013, 01:32:29 PM »
How bad was the Ellis hamstring? Surely Nanas comes out of the side . . . offered absolutely nothing all game, unless your Essendon of course.

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #62 on: May 27, 2013, 01:40:08 PM »
Name them. I'd be saying Grigg would be top of that list. But then guys like Jacko, Lonergan, Nahas, White, McGuane need to GTFO. Jacko probably the last to be phased out.

In my email to my mates I was referring to coasters only, not those who try hard but kill us with their poor decision making and skill errors. Outside of Grigg the others you list aren't coasters they are "try hards" but ....

The Coasters who played on Saturday night are:
(By Coasters I am talking about the blokes who seem to coasting along because they have no fear of being dropped)

Grigg
Vickery
Houli (maybe he's a floater as opposed to coaster because he floats in and he floats out of games  ;D)
Newman ( fast becoming a coaster too, lacks instensity at times that makes my blood boil, perhaps it's age catching up)
Lonergan (reckon he will be a coaster, can't see them dropping him)

Then you have the other extreme of blokes come in play well compared to the coasters and get dropped. Perfect example Matty White, yes he makes mistakes but I never walk away from a game think he didn't fire a shot, didn't bust his guts. Ditto Luke McGuane never think after a game Luke didn't give his all, sorry but I cannot say the same thing about young Tyrone

Nahas gets dropped but because of an injury to Ellis gets a reprieve. Errr NO ..... he wasn't originally dropped for structure, because we had someone we needed to bring back in he was dropped because he was CRAP against Melbourne. Therefore, IMHO it's back to Coburg completely not plonked in with the emergencies. The emergencies should be those who are next in line for a game becaus eof consistent form at Coburg

Lonergan plays 2 games back from injury at Coburg of which 1 was good and gets a game because it would seem we were playing his old team. Again errrr NO.... play because he's going to offer something not for sort of pointless sentimental reason

As said right at the moment I just don't care anymore
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline tigs2011

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #63 on: May 27, 2013, 02:03:25 PM »
 :clapping

Yer outside Grigg the others were just my ridiculously long list of blokes who we need to get out. Forgot about Vickery because I forgot he actually played.  :whistle

I don't mind Houli but maybe that's because of all the other rubbish I listed who need to go before him. At least he ran to create space.
I thought Newman was good on the weekend but you're right he often coasts through games.
Whether Lonergan becomes a coaster or not he's poo and shouldn't be playing over kids like Helbig and Arnot.

I posted a big rant about Dimma and selection on BF and I'll copy and paste it in the Sack Hardwick thread in a minute. Hopefully it formats well because I'm lazy  :lol

Ruanaidh

« Reply #64 on: May 27, 2013, 06:01:23 PM »
Get some kids in there. I can't see us winning so blood them. Also get lids back to the back flank and hopefully have better disposal through the middle.

Morris......Rance......Batchelor

Houli.......Chaplin.....Deledio   

Newman...Axel...Vlaustin

Edwards....Vickery....Arnot

Jack.......Griff.......King

Foll: Maric.....Cotch....Martin 

Int: Grigg....Jacko....Elton/Astbury sub: McDonough

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #65 on: May 27, 2013, 08:14:23 PM »
The Barometer: Round 10

Staff writers
    May 27, 2013

RICHMOND

ON THE BLOCK: Time to push off the MCG fence and deliver some thunderbolts. Robin Nahas was in the gun of every Richmond fan on Saturday night after two horrendous turnovers during Essendon’s second-quarter blitz. He redeemed himself with a goal later but has struggled to hold his spot this season and might find himself on the outer again. Tyrone Vickery was barely sighted before being subbed off, Jake King had four kicks and four clangers, Steve Morris couldn’t get near Jobe Watson while Luke McGuane, Sam Lonergan and Shane Edwards butchered the ball. With stars Brett Deledio, Jack Riewoldt and Ivan Maric also down, it’s a miracle the Tigers got within 29 points.

ON THE CUSP: Not many banging down the door after Coburg went down to Port Melbourne by 55 points in the VFL. Among the better players were Matt Dea, Mat Arnot, Brad Helbig and Matt McDonough, while Aaron Edwards remains an option as a lead-up forward. A left-field possibility could be 202cm teenager Liam McBean, who has shown a bit in the air and in front of goal, kicking another three yesterday.

AL PATON’S FORECAST: A long and season-defining week at Punt Rd before next Monday night’s clash against the Eagles in Perth. It’s Richmond’s last match before a bye so Damien Hardwick won’t hold back at training. His players were inexcusably listless in another big-stage encounter against Essendon, with their inability – and seeming unwillingness – to take risks particularly exasperating. The Tigers responded to a similarly disappointing display against Collingwood a few weeks back by almost pinching the points against Fremantle in Perth. They’ll need to go one better this time to keep their finals dream alive and kicking going into the Round 11 bye.

http://www.news.com.au/sport/afl/the-barometer-round-10/story-fnelctok-1226651416222

Offline big tone

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #66 on: May 27, 2013, 10:46:59 PM »
Watched the Coberg game on the weekend and if we are serious about not gifting games to anyone then there wouldn't be to many changes. I really couldn't believe how bad most of our Richmond listed players were.
The only two that stood out or me were Dea, who I thought played really well and looked a level above most of his team mates, and Arnot who I thought ran and got to the right places.
So my ins and outs are as follows-

Outs- Batch, Nahas, Grigg, Lonergan

Ins- Dea, Arnot, Edwards, Big O (would play both Ruckman this week)

Really need to lock down on a few other there onballers this week otherwise with them getting first use of the ball from stoppages with Nic Nat and Big Cox it could get ugly. Even Cotch, Lids and Dusty need to show more respect to their opposition. Take away their assets and make it a dog fight.
Also playing the two ruckmen and Vicks, play one forward at all times, one in the ruck in the middle third of the ground and the other behind the ball and to do the ruck work in the back third of the ground and to be a kick behind the play.
In our forwardline teams always get a second or third man up to spoil so we really need to separate. Even to the point of Vicks and the other pocket starting out near the boundary line as a starting point. Play A Edwards out of FF and give him some room.. And Jack to play CHF. And the other Edwards to play in the forwardline also. We need to be more dangerous in there than we have been.
This really could be a line in the sand game if DH would try something new and let the boys attack!! None of this chip kicking shyit. Move the ball quickly!!

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #67 on: May 28, 2013, 06:57:01 PM »
RICHMOND - In the Mix

The Tigers aren't expecting Brandon Ellis (hamstring) and Ricky Petterd (calf) back before their round 11 bye but Reece Conca (foot) has been listed as a test. While Conca would probably love to play in front of his home crowd in Western Australia, the enticement of another game off in front of the bye might see him miss. Brett O'Hanlon (ankle) is also listed as a test while the Tigers have reported Brett Deledio suffered no structural damage to the knee he injured in the second quarter on Saturday night. First-year forward Matt McDonough was best for the VFL side on the weekend and has been playing well for a few weeks now. - Jennifer Phelan

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2013-05-28/in-the-mix-round-10

Dubstep Dookie

« Reply #68 on: May 28, 2013, 08:00:08 PM »
Who is this Al Paton anyway? The lead singer of Faith No More or some drawpin patriarch?

Gigantor

« Reply #69 on: May 28, 2013, 08:01:40 PM »
I thought paton was either,a former hawthorn ruckman or a slightly loony WW2 US army general

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #70 on: May 29, 2013, 04:24:42 PM »
A number of blokes will get a lucky break this week given our injuries. Having said that I would bring in some youth who I believe have the goods to make it at AFL level (McBean and McDonough) and tell them to just go for it as we have nothing to lose this week. We're unlikely to win anyway. The side is lacking intensity, run and exuberance. Sometimes young blokes come in and play with no fear. 

In: McDonough, Arnot, McBean

Out: Nahas, Lonergan, McGuane

Maric should be rested as well so he has two weeks off with the bye but Big O's last couple of games haven't been anywhere good enough :-\.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

gerkin greg

« Reply #71 on: May 29, 2013, 04:36:40 PM »
TBH for the first time in my life I don't give a stuff. Pretty sad really.

only the first time?

:sleep
« Last Edit: May 29, 2013, 05:15:11 PM by WilliamPowell »

gerkin greg

« Reply #72 on: May 29, 2013, 05:28:36 PM »
LMFAO can't say n00b now

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #73 on: May 29, 2013, 05:30:20 PM »

In: McDonough, Arnot, McBean

Out: Nahas, Lonergan, McGuane

The sad thing is that doesn't look like we'll be losing much if anything as they will probably play just as good. Except maybe the Bean stalk as Mcguane can play but has seemed to trend downwards lately

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #74 on: May 29, 2013, 05:32:14 PM »
LMFAO can't say n00b now

You can't insult, big difference
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)