Author Topic: time to put a red line through some names  (Read 6598 times)

Offline Coach

• Hardly A Prude
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Depend on Schulzy
Re: time to put a red line through some names
« Reply #45 on: June 25, 2013, 03:35:50 PM »
WHere's mrakov? surely she has something to add

Offline tigs2011

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #46 on: June 25, 2013, 06:26:57 PM »
Jackson is a FA.  Can't "trade".

I'd trade Nahas.

Yes, you can. Learn more

Not if they are unrestricted like Jacko. Why would you trade for something you can take for free?

Restricted like Buddy means Hawks can match the offer and Buddy goes get stuffed and then a trade needs to be done.

Oh, so you can take any player you want without their consent as long as they're an unrestricted free agent hey bro? Learn more. Blumfield board. Jacko can be traded but he won't so STFU everyone and let go of the pipe dream. He's actually been solid this season

And learn more
You can take them without their clubs consent. They can't get Jacko if he doesn't want to go. Nor can you trade someone against their will.

No stuffing poo you can take them without the clubs consent, that's the whole point. As for the other bit, Blumfield board. Look it up. A contracted player can't be traded against their will

My point is you can't trade an unrestricted FA. They'll just walk. Jackson is therefore untradeable. That along with no one would offer anything. ;D

Blumfield if he desperately didn't want to play for us could have not signed a contract with us.  :whistle

We could give up a 1st rounder for Denis Armfield if we want to but if he doesn't sign a contract it's kind of a waste.  ;)

Offline tigs2011

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #47 on: June 25, 2013, 06:29:57 PM »
Also, my understanding of Blumfield was Essendon couldn't fit him in the salary cap so he had to go. So it was either Richmond or scrap heap.  :cheers

Offline Crazy_Ivan

• Premiership Captain
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #48 on: June 26, 2013, 11:27:59 AM »
1 Michael Hibberd
2 Tom Bellchambers
3 Scott Gumbleton
4 Jobe Watson (c)
5 Brent Stanton
6 Joe Daniher
7 Leroy Jetta
8 Jason Winderlich
9 Brendon Goddard
10 Nick O'Brien
11 David Zaharakis
12 Stewart Crameri
14 Jason Ashby
15 Courtenay Dempsey
16 Tayte Pears
17 Jake Melksham
18 Michael Hurley
19 David Hille (vet)
20 Jackson Merrett
21 Dyson Heppell

22 Jake Carlisle
23 David Myers
24 Alex Browne
26 Cale Hooker
27 Luke Davis
28 Elliott Kavanagh
29 Alwyn Davey
30 Paddy Ryder
31 Dustin Fletcher (vet)
32 Travis Colyer
33 Dylan Van Unen
34 Kyle Hardingham
35 Martin Gleeson
37 Sean Gregory
38 Nick Kommer
39 Heath Hocking
40 Ben Howlett
41 Will Hams
42 Nathan Lovett-Murray
46 Mark Baguley

hahahahahahaha your best post to date
Why Thank you. :thumbsup

the claw

« Reply #49 on: June 26, 2013, 07:12:33 PM »
we only need to cut 6 from the list proper.
6 would allow for 4 nd picks. 1 free agent and 1 trade.
would hope we could end up with 1 first round pick. 2 second round picks and 1 3rd round pick. all decent nd  picks to use on  kids and continue to look after the long term.

to me the 6 most in the gun who have had plenty of time are mature and always revert back to below standard  are.

derickx  = 3rd rounder.
nahas = 2nd rounder
white = 2nd rounder
mcguane = 1st rounder.  in effect we use 4 very good picks to replace duds. ask yourself what would you offer up for these hacks. we would be lucky to get anything for any of them.

rance = trade for promising ruckman in lycett wce or longer bl plus 2nd rnd pick.

would also look to cut 4 rookies stephenson, petterd, lonergan, and verrier. target two kids and two mature types.

jackson = f/a like james frawley what an asset he would be.

have to say im dismayed at people wanting to cut 19 yr olds like arnot and ohanlon even helbig whos had a tough run with injuries.

on top of this we have tuck probably eyeing of retirement it may save someone. personally i hope he goes around for one more season.

for what its worth i have a total of 19 that id be prepared to move on so for me there are options. i think one key for us is to keep some semblance of experience in the list as we are young and inexperienced.

Gigantor

« Reply #50 on: June 26, 2013, 07:14:07 PM »
trade Rance for a promising ruckman?????..

the claw

« Reply #51 on: June 26, 2013, 07:20:09 PM »
i know you blokes dont agree but he is a very ordinary player indeed.some areas of his game are appalling and there is just no way he will improve them.
 getting a player like frawley in f/a would easily  off set the loss of rance. billy longer and a second rnd pick would see us a mile in front on that one.

if i could conjure up a decent deal for vickery id do it in a heart beat but ya know what i doubt wed get anything for him.

Offline Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Richmond, Premiers 2017.2019.2020
« Reply #52 on: June 26, 2013, 08:05:35 PM »
i know you blokes dont agree but he is a very ordinary player indeed.some areas of his game are appalling and there is just no way he will improve them.
 getting a player like frawley in f/a would easily  off set the loss of rance. billy longer and a second rnd pick would see us a mile in front on that one.

if i could conjure up a decent deal for vickery id do it in a heart beat but ya know what i doubt wed get anything for him.
I'd trade Vickery & 1st round pick for Nic Nat.  :thumbsup
The club that keeps giving.

Offline tigs2011

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #53 on: June 26, 2013, 09:06:19 PM »
Frawley isn't a Free Agent. Rance has improved a heap. Vickery will be fine. Players that are injured for majority of a season before you can often write off the next season as being ordinary. Look at LeCras. Guy is a gun, but has spudded it up this season.

Matt White won't get delisted either. Playing his role perfectly. No one else can play that role either. I've never been a fan and wanted to cut him for the last 4 years but credit where it's due he's been good last 3 weeks.

Offline Golfprotiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Risking Head and Shin
« Reply #54 on: June 26, 2013, 09:28:41 PM »
Frawley isn't a Free Agent. Rance has improved a heap. Vickery will be fine. Players that are injured for majority of a season before you can often write off the next season as being ordinary. Look at LeCras. Guy is a gun, but has spudded it up this season.

Matt White won't get delisted either. Playing his role perfectly. No one else can play that role either. I've never been a fan and wanted to cut him for the last 4 years but credit where it's due he's been good last 3 weeks.

The super sub!!!!
Tommy Hafey - "There's nothing more tiger-ish than a bloody tiger, a wounded tiger''

Offline big tone

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #55 on: June 26, 2013, 10:12:12 PM »

So you think Rance is a very ordinary player.... Indeed,    but you think the Brisbane Lions would give away a player they picked up with pick 8 in the 2011 National draft AND a second round pick for him?? For you to write that it shows me you must rate Rance more than than you let on. Get over it man, you are just making yourself look stupid!!

Offline tigs2011

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #56 on: June 26, 2013, 11:00:02 PM »

The super sub!!!!
Can play a decent full game too. Just ask the Eagles.  :shh

Online Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #57 on: June 26, 2013, 11:10:24 PM »
Trade Rance? Crazy talk. Then what, depend on Chaplin and Grimes? Astbury, Griffiths?

Chaplin is a great addition but otherwise Rance is the only other solid/dependable/healthy tall back we have. Shoddy kicking at times but a very honest and decent player. Would certainly not trade him. His importance will be highlighted this week VS Saint l, especially if Chaplin doesn't play.

White is a decent player to hold onto for depth/sub. Keep IMO.

McGuane and Nahas = trade. Probably wont get much for anybody else I think. Nobody would take Tuck or Jackson but I think their toughness is very valuable to our midfield.

Offline Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Richmond, Premiers 2017.2019.2020
« Reply #58 on: June 26, 2013, 11:13:27 PM »
J. Gillard
The club that keeps giving.

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #59 on: June 27, 2013, 09:18:25 AM »