Author Topic: Changes for next week's game against the Dogs?  (Read 3016 times)

Jackstar is back!!!

Re: Changes for next week's game against the Dogs?
« Reply #15 on: June 16, 2013, 11:31:26 AM »
Out Astbury and A Edwards'
In   Batchelor and McBean

Next week is the week to play McBean providing he has a good game today.

Offline Crazy_Ivan

• Premiership Captain
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #16 on: June 16, 2013, 11:33:04 AM »
IN:Anyone with a heart larger than a pea.
OUT:Tyrone.

Gigantor

« Reply #17 on: June 16, 2013, 12:24:53 PM »
How long has Astbury been out for?..give him a break,its first game after a spell
watching him in the magoos he has been consistently good deserved the call up

Offline eliminator

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #18 on: June 16, 2013, 12:42:27 PM »
I thought astbury won or competed well in most contests.

agree. did a good smother as well

Offline eliminator

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #19 on: June 16, 2013, 12:44:12 PM »
How long has Astbury been out for?..give him a break,its first game after a spell
watching him in the magoos he has been consistently good deserved the call up

Agree.

Offline The Big Richo

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Keyboard Hero
« Reply #20 on: June 16, 2013, 12:50:48 PM »
Crucial to play with 22 this week.
Who isn't a fan of the thinking man's orange Tim Fleming?

Gerks 27/6/11

But you see, it's not me, it's not my family.
In your head, in your head they are fighting,
With their tanks and their bombs,
And their bombs and their guns.
In your head, in your head, they are crying...

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #21 on: June 16, 2013, 09:34:54 PM »
Eh. Vickery needs a spell, him and Edwards did nothing but at least Edwards looked like he wanted to kick a goal. Astbury deserves a chance especially since it's time to make a call on him whether his worth persisting with or turfing.

Out Vickery In whoever kicked the most goals for Coburg

Online Willy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • All up inside ya.
« Reply #22 on: June 16, 2013, 11:20:21 PM »
Dropping Assberry now would be foolish. He went ok for a bloke coming back from a long time off senior football. He needs a few games to get some form up and for us to see whether he's worth persisting with. Our backline lacks hight and quite frankly Bachelor is very dispensable.
People are still too quick to draw a like through our young players. I am guilty of it too.
This is a big year for Dave but I'm going to back him. He howed some promise before succumbing to some torrid injury luck. Plus he's of sound character which I think holds him in good stead development wise.

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #23 on: June 16, 2013, 11:23:48 PM »
quite frankly Bachelor is very dispensable.

People are still too quick to draw a like through our young player

:facepalm

Online Willy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • All up inside ya.
« Reply #24 on: June 16, 2013, 11:29:27 PM »
quite frankly Bachelor is very dispensable.

People are still too quick to draw a like through our young player

:facepalm

Haha. Fair crack there smart behind but I haven't written Bachelor off by any means or even been that critical. Just beleive that at this stage of his development he is a fringe player and not integral to the team's structure ie. 'dispensible'

Offline big tone

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #25 on: June 17, 2013, 08:20:31 AM »
Dropping Assberry now would be foolish. He went ok for a bloke coming back from a long time off senior football. He needs a few games to get some form up and for us to see whether he's worth persisting with. Our backline lacks hight and quite frankly Bachelor is very dispensable.
People are still too quick to draw a like through our young players. I am guilty of it too.
This is a big year for Dave but I'm going to back him. He howed some promise before succumbing to some torrid injury luck. Plus he's of sound character which I think holds him in good stead development wise.
Hey Willy, were you at the game on Saturday? Reason I ask is on watching the the replay it looked liked he did do ok but its the stuff off camera that makes it look like he has NFI. He just stands there five meters off the ball, not even looking at where his opponent is. The one thing the replay does show is that he gives nothing offensively, not once did he get into a position to get the footy when we were kicking in after a point. Nothing would make me happier than if he were to turn it around but IMO he will not. J. Post was a better footballer.

Online Willy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • All up inside ya.
« Reply #26 on: June 17, 2013, 01:17:17 PM »
Hey Willy, were you at the game on Saturday? Reason I ask is on watching the the replay it looked liked he did do ok but its the stuff off camera that makes it look like he has NFI. He just stands there five meters off the ball, not even looking at where his opponent is. The one thing the replay does show is that he gives nothing offensively, not once did he get into a position to get the footy when we were kicking in after a point. Nothing would make me happier than if he were to turn it around but IMO he will not. J. Post was a better footballer.

Yep I was at the game and I have watched the replay. From both perspectives I think he did enough to warrant another game. Your points are interesting though. I didn't really pay much attention to those aspects of his game. I will watch with interest this weeekend.

Rampstar

« Reply #27 on: June 17, 2013, 01:19:31 PM »
Everyone wants to see McBean so bring him in to stretch the Bulldogs defence height wise.

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #28 on: June 17, 2013, 01:24:10 PM »
He didn't play for coburg

Offline Coach

• Hardly A Prude
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Depend on Schulzy
« Reply #29 on: June 17, 2013, 03:07:29 PM »
It takes time to get back into the swing of things. Astbury will be better for the run. Loved that effort going back with the flight