Author Topic: Riewoldt contract talks stall / 9 big name Tigers out of contract (Age)  (Read 8423 times)

Online Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
Nice post TBR, coming from a poster who username was the biggest me man at Tigerland since they introduced the salary cap  ::)
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.

Offline The Big Richo

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Keyboard Hero
Nice post TBR, coming from a poster who username was the biggest me man at Tigerland since they introduced the salary cap  ::)

Whoa!  :gobdrop  :police:
Who isn't a fan of the thinking man's orange Tim Fleming?

Gerks 27/6/11

But you see, it's not me, it's not my family.
In your head, in your head they are fighting,
With their tanks and their bombs,
And their bombs and their guns.
In your head, in your head, they are crying...

Offline Crazy_Ivan

• Premiership Captain
  • For We're From Tigerland
Least Richo didn't wear red boots.

Ruanaidh

We can't afford to sabotage list management for any player. It has been our ruin too many times in the past. In this contractual climate if he wants Jack to go, let him and gouge the receiving club for all their worth.

Online Damo

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Member of famed “Gang Of Four”. Ground the airbus!
We can't afford to sabotage list management for any player. It has been our ruin too many times in the past. In this contractual climate if he wants Jack to go, let him and gouge the receiving club for all their worth.

Perfectly said

Online Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
Least Richo didn't wear red boots.

That's fair  :clapping
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Tigers confident on re-signing Riewoldt, Martin (afl site)
« Reply #96 on: June 26, 2013, 12:38:41 PM »
Tigers confident on re-signing Riewoldt, Martin

By Mitch Cleary
afl.com.au
Wednesday, June 26, 2013

RICHMOND chief executive Brendon Gale says he is very confident Jack Riewoldt and Dustin Martin will re-sign with the club beyond this season.

The two are the highest-profile Tigers out of contract at the end of the season, and Gale said he was pleased with the progress that had been made in retaining their services.

The club re-signed four players last week, but Riewoldt and Martin were not among the names, sparking discussion on their futures.

“We’re confident where we’re placed with both Jack and Dustin,” Gale told Crocmedia’s Sportsday.

“Those discussions have been worked through in a professional manner with their representatives and we’re very confident they’ll be resolved.

“We’re confident in the offering. We’ve got to make sure we guide it by the market and pay the players the market value. We’ve got the integrity of our own salary cap to be mindful of as well.”

The 24-year-old Riewoldt and 21-year-old Martin are among a group of uncontracted players for 2014 that includes key defender Alex Rance and first-round draftee Reece Conca.

The Tigers announced on Tuesday they had passed the 60,000 membership mark, but Gale said it had to be backed up with on-field success.

“We really haven’t done anything yet,” he said.

“It’s not until we get in the finals on a consistent basis that we can start to say we’ve achieved things in a football space.”

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2013-06-26/tigers-confident-on-jack-dusty

the claw

Re: Tigers confident on re-signing Riewoldt, Martin (afl site)
« Reply #97 on: June 26, 2013, 07:27:07 PM »
good to read those last two lines.  we have some work to do still and its good to hear them almost say it.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Jack told SEN today that he's not far away from getting a new deal done as is Dusty and Reece. His excuse for the delay was the changeover in footy manager from Craig Cameron leaving to Dan Richardson coming in, plus there being a number of out of contract Tigers needing to signed up. He said Rance, Ellis, Vlastuin, etc .. have signed up which is great for the Club and he shouldn't be too far away as there's only a few things to tidy up. Good to see the group sticking together.

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
KB almost had heart attack!

gerkin greg

« Reply #100 on: July 03, 2013, 02:45:43 PM »
good to read those last two lines.  we have some work to do still and its good to hear them almost say it.

I reckon I've heard 'we still have long way to go' or similar in every interview and press conference from every player and every official out of RFC, every week for the last 3 years

Offline tigs2011

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #101 on: July 03, 2013, 03:01:17 PM »

I reckon I've heard 'we still have long way to go' or similar in every interview and press conference from every player and every official out of RFC, every week for the last 3 years
:lol me too.