Author Topic: Buddy to Sydney  (Read 8433 times)

Online Loui Tufga

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Beaver BLT
Re: Buddy to Sydney
« Reply #45 on: October 01, 2013, 08:37:57 PM »
Seems that Sydney is a long way ahead in the free-agent stakes.  Somehow told them about the rules of the game and they are now showing everyone else how to play it.  Reckon it might be a few years before the Tigers catch up to this kind of fancy footwork.

Dunno how you could offer a 26 year old a nine year contract ..... It might really be a five year deal that they take nine years to pay like OX says.

Thinking forward six years, what happens if you delist a contracted player?  Can you replace the player on your list even though you have to keep their payments in your salary cap?

Give us an extra million dollars a year and watch us catch up quick smart ::)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #46 on: October 01, 2013, 08:41:55 PM »
Al Paton ‏@al_superfooty twitter:

Tigers knew what they were doing. If they drafted Buddy he would have left 9 years later as a free agent anyway. #standbytambling

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #47 on: October 01, 2013, 08:42:44 PM »
Make cot chin or lids an ambassador if football and pay them outside the cap

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #48 on: October 01, 2013, 08:44:46 PM »
AFL statement: Sydney Swans and Lance Franklin
afl.com.au
6:35pm AEST Tuesday, October 1, 2013

The AFL notes today's developments in regards to reports of a long-term contract offer from the Sydney Swans Football Club to Hawthorn Football Club player and restricted free agent Lance Franklin.

No binding player contract offer can be made until the commencement of the free agency period on Friday, October 4, 2013.

All player football contracts are tripartite agreements between the player, the club and the AFL. They are not ratified until thoroughly scrutinised and approved by the AFL’s Legal, Integrity and Compliance Department.

In regards to player contracts, all clubs are required under the rules to adhere to the TPP (Total Player Payments) rules at all times and this compliance is strictly monitored by the AFL.

As part of the review process by the AFL’s Legal, Integrity and Compliance Department, key people involved in the proposed Franklin arrangement – at this stage a non-binding offer of a nine-year deal – will be interviewed in the coming days to ensure any agreements, arrangements or understandings that are to be entered into are in accordance with the AFL rules and are not in breach of rules relating to conduct prejudicial to the draft, player movement rules and/or the Total Player Payments provisions.

Under enhanced compliance measures, this is now standard procedure and is a process that will be followed for all free agency lodgements.

The AFL also confirmed that all club and player allowances, including the cost-of-living allowance, are currently being reviewed by the AFL.

The Sydney Swans FC are aware of their TPP obligations and understand that they may need to accommodate this proposed contract in an environment in which the cost-of-living allowance may be altered or removed altogether.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2013-10-01/afl-statement-sydney-swans-and-lance-franklin

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #49 on: October 01, 2013, 08:56:51 PM »
reckon Mumford was on about $500k, he signed a big deal when he first went up there

AFL just announced they are going to investigate this little proposed deal

Joke   :laugh:

Originally signed a 3 year contract for about a mil. Don't know if he extended or upped it at what point.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #50 on: October 01, 2013, 09:14:16 PM »

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
Re: Buddy to GWS?
« Reply #51 on: October 01, 2013, 10:10:07 PM »
12 mil for 6 years. Surely he goes

10m for 9 still good

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #52 on: October 02, 2013, 08:23:06 AM »
a 9 year contract is a rort for a bloke of his age. as others have said, and it is plain to see, that they will still be paying this when he is no longer playing.

After the tippet sage the swans should be charged with bring the game into disrepute for this.

If the AFL approve this they are basically saying to the football world "we are corrupt and hold you all in contempt"
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #53 on: October 02, 2013, 08:35:09 AM »
a 9 year contract is a rort for a bloke of his age. as others have said, and it is plain to see, that they will still be paying this when he is no longer playing.

After the tippet sage the swans should be charged with bring the game into disrepute for this.

If the AFL approve this they are basically saying to the football world "we are corrupt and hold you all in contempt"

As long as the AFL say that if he retires before the 9 years then any remaining money to paid must be included in the retirement year's cap then it might make them pull their heads in.  If he's broken at 32 (more to be expected than lasting to 35) then 4 years of payments into 1 would make it impossible to manage.  I don't know if this is possible but I reckon it would be a great deterrent to a bullcrap long term like this is.

Offline wayne

• Fame of Hall
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • In Absentia
« Reply #54 on: October 02, 2013, 09:42:05 AM »
If I hear how brave the Swans are one more time today, I'LL SPEW UP!!!

How are they brave?

They have an extra $900k in their salary cap.

Jon Ralph is now crapping on about how other clubs should be brave and trade a 23-25 year old superstar for pick 1.

Sydney didn't have to trade out any superstars to get Buddy. Sydney aren't trading for a draft pick which may or may not turn out to be a spud. They're getting a proven star in his prime because they have an unfair advantage over the rest of the competition.
And you may not think I care for you
When you know down inside that I really do

Offline tiga

• Exhaling Carbon in the
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Yes Hampson has taken a mark!
« Reply #55 on: October 04, 2013, 08:54:34 AM »
He squeezed out Mumford.

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #56 on: October 04, 2013, 09:37:56 AM »
Liam Pickering says Buudy has been hounded out of Melb that's why he wants to go to Sydney

Pluuuuzzzzeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Give me a break

Buddy and Liam are both  :wallywink s
« Last Edit: October 04, 2013, 11:42:46 AM by WilliamPowell »
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

gerkin greg

« Reply #57 on: October 04, 2013, 09:57:11 AM »
To be fair, Melbourne is ass

dwaino

« Reply #58 on: October 04, 2013, 12:49:41 PM »
Will there be a Bondi Buddy TV show?

gerkin greg

« Reply #59 on: October 04, 2013, 01:18:59 PM »
No-one will know who he is