Author Topic: Sign up for 2014 membership and save (RFC)  (Read 4031 times)

dwaino

Re: Sign up for 2014 membership and save (RFC)
« Reply #15 on: July 04, 2013, 10:09:04 AM »
Not sure how this is different from Foxtel, any phone or electricity company etc trying to get new customers WGAF.

gerkin greg

« Reply #16 on: July 04, 2013, 10:15:30 AM »
think of the pensioners dwaino

giving 3 free games this year to prospective 2014 members increases the oldies membership by 50% apparently

dwaino

« Reply #17 on: July 04, 2013, 10:17:30 AM »
Maybe they should stop sticking it in the pokies then.

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #18 on: July 04, 2013, 10:31:49 AM »
lolz
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #19 on: July 04, 2013, 12:03:39 PM »
giving 3 free games this year to prospective 2014 members increases the oldies membership by 50% apparently

Suggest you re-read why I wrote gerks  :banghead

I never said they put concession memberships up by 50%. Never said that

What I said was they put up the price of reserve seats by 50% (level 2 GSS) and as a result some members who had had those seats for over 20 years had to give them up because they couldn't afford to keep them. Those folks get shafted despite their loyalty. While another group of bandwagoners get a free deal for the remainder of this season
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline RFC_Official

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #20 on: July 04, 2013, 12:03:56 PM »
Might hold off next year to get a better deal.

Not sure you'll get a better deal!

Offline RFC_Official

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #21 on: July 04, 2013, 12:04:32 PM »
This is making me think of jumping on board

Think you have to now  :gotigers

dwaino

« Reply #22 on: July 04, 2013, 12:55:27 PM »
First it's not getting anything extra when 11 game members get the replacement home game, then it's the plebs schmoozing with your players and drinking your cocktails at the parties, now it's something new members who support the same club as you get for signing up (who are apparently now just bandwagoners). Sure sounds like jealousy and a fair bit pretentious to me. The new members aren't buying those seats from underneath existing members, they're paying the same full price (or concession price) as you and I.

But if it makes you feel any better I'm sure there is a chart in the RFC office with your name on it and the most gold stars next to it.

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #23 on: July 04, 2013, 01:15:20 PM »
Just to rub it in I might buy the 2014 membership at concession price :clapping

Offline RFC_Official

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #24 on: July 04, 2013, 01:38:04 PM »
These memberships are selling very well, we expect to hit 2k of these memberships by early next week.

Tiger Army is up and about!

Offline Coach

• Hardly A Prude
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Depend on Schulzy
« Reply #25 on: July 04, 2013, 01:56:51 PM »
LOL at this thread. IDGAF what is going on as long as we keep winning. But I still need to attend Club80 so I can meet up with my fat friends and also have a fun learning session. I can't tell any of you what we learn though. Sworn to secrecy :shh

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #26 on: July 04, 2013, 02:31:07 PM »
First it's not getting anything extra when 11 game members get the replacement home game, then it's the plebs schmoozing with your players and drinking your cocktails at the parties, now it's something new members who support the same club as you get for signing up (who are apparently now just bandwagoners). Sure sounds like jealousy and a fair bit pretentious to me. The new members aren't buying those seats from underneath existing members, they're paying the same full price (or concession price) as you and I.

But if it makes you feel any better I'm sure there is a chart in the RFC office with your name on it and the most gold stars next to it.

Suggest you re-read what I wrote as well dwaino, I said:

"I'm certainly not jealous, don't buy memberships for the recognition, certainly want the club to be successful so this is not what this is about for me at least, this isn't about me or the effect it has on me. It actually has none[/u]."

Will repeat it has absolutely no bearing, effect on me what so ever. Further to that it will not influence me in buying a membership or memberships in the future.

I don't give a crap about the cocktail party, I don't go because it simply doesn't interest me anymore. I don't care about who gets to "schmooze up" with players and when.  I really don't give a crap. Yes I got/get annoyed when they change the rules without warning

What I do care about is seeing all members be treated with the same level of respect despite their level of membership.

I don't think that is jealousy or being pretentious. Perhaps it is? I just don't think the Club should be immune from being questioned about something just because things are going well

So forgive me for actually having some concern for folks who are not in the same position as me and obviously you.

That's what my point is about. Nothing more or nothing less.

Clearly I have a different view than everyone else and that's fine, that's life

dwaino

« Reply #27 on: July 04, 2013, 04:01:13 PM »
So then why have a whinge? I still don't get your point. Like you said, concession didn't go up 50%. Nobody is actually missing out here. In fact, the club is gaining. Gee whiz someone call Amnesty International as some people may not be able to afford their premium seats on level 2 anymore and may have to downgrade. #firstworldproblems.

Rampstar

« Reply #28 on: July 04, 2013, 04:13:02 PM »
I think we should issue 1 billion memberships and hire a qantas plane to dump them all over India, this will mean we have the biggest membership in the history of the world and the indians they will be happy too because they will get a plastic card with Tom Derrickx on the front for free  ;D

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #29 on: July 04, 2013, 04:25:00 PM »
So then why have a whinge? I still don't get your point. Like you said, concession didn't go up 50%. Nobody is actually missing out here. In fact, the club is gaining. Gee whiz someone call Amnesty International as some people may not be able to afford their premium seats on level 2 anymore and may have to downgrade. #firstworldproblems.

My point is this:

The club is giving away FREE access to home games to newbies who sign up for 2014. That's a saving of for an adult of what $60 odd for the remainder of this season?? Great for these people, great incentive to sign - that's not in dispute

The seats on level 2 went up by over 50% - around $80-90.

There are people (pensioners) who have had seats there since the Southern stand was built. Just signed up and kept them year after year. Club got members without having to do anything.

Due to increase and not being able to afford the increase they had to move - they got no option

The club didn't try and help these folks, didn't offer them special consideration just said we're moving you to somewhere else, to cheaper seats. So sad too bad. So these people are "missing out" as you put it because they had to give up something after years of paying.

So my whinge as you put is this:

The Club is clearly going out of it's way to attract new members to sign up which is OK. But what about those who have been loyal? Are we saying one group of member is more important than another? Just seems to me that at times the Club's focus is only on the new rather than the old