Author Topic: Richmond vs Fremantle - Round 17, 2013 / Derby Hangover  (Read 9830 times)

Offline mat073

• Perth's biggest tiger tragic.
  • RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Richmond vs Fremantle - Round 17, 2013 / Derby Hangover
« Reply #105 on: July 21, 2013, 04:57:00 PM »
She had the courage to watch the tigers fight it out . I did not.
Unleash the tornado

Gigantor

« Reply #106 on: July 21, 2013, 05:29:03 PM »
I love seeing Houli,morris,newman,and vlas carry the ball from the backline,even rancy I don't mind,but Geez pettard freaks me out,he seems at 6s and 7s when hes got time

Offline bojangles17

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Platinum member 33 years
« Reply #107 on: July 21, 2013, 06:04:31 PM »
gee your tough on Ricky P G, I thought he was great, set us up from the getgo with that clearance in the opening seconds, plays every game like it his last, has hands like a steel trap and has the ball on the end of a string for a HBF, 24 (11 marks) last week 22 (7 marks) today, good numbers :shh
RFC 1885, Often Imitated, Never Equalled

Gigantor

« Reply #108 on: July 21, 2013, 06:09:43 PM »
Maybe your right Bo....I guess nobody is perfect

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #109 on: July 21, 2013, 10:00:17 PM »
I agree re Ricky. His kicking action is scary but comes off more often than not.

Oh and it didn't rain did it?

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #110 on: July 22, 2013, 03:25:36 AM »
VIDEOS:

Match highlights
http://www.richmondfc.com.au/video/2013-07-21/round-17-match-highlights

Theme Song
http://www.richmondfc.com.au/video/2013-07-21/round-17-the-song

PICS:

AFL photos
http://www.aflphotos.com.au/galleries/results/?q=collection:AFL%202013%20Rd%2017%20-%20Richmond%20v%20Fremantle&image_id=295746

Getty Images
http://www.gettyimages.com.au/Search/Search.aspx?EventId=159931405&EditorialProduct=Sport

(i) Nick Vlastuin of the Tigers gets his head ripped off by teamate Troy Chaplin who contests for the ball against Matt de Boer of the Dockers
(ii) Troy Chaplin (L) Jack Riewoldt (C) and Jake King of the Tigers celebrate the win
(Photos by Michael Dodge/Getty Images)

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #111 on: July 22, 2013, 04:13:35 AM »
To beat Freo at their own game over a full 4 quarters and smash them in the clearances and stoppages was the most pleasing part of the win. Nothing flashy; we just outworked them in the midfield.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Ruanaidh

« Reply #112 on: July 22, 2013, 05:50:23 AM »
Better effort today by all concerned but don't lose sight of the fact that Freo was severely depleted. The next 2 weeks will be very enlightening.

Offline Darth Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Dimmasty RFC!
« Reply #113 on: July 22, 2013, 05:52:27 AM »
Geez RFC needs a Chris Mayne type as THE 3rd forward option.

That type of player with a burning competitive desire & skills set would be a massive asset to the forward structure.

Offline eliminator

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #114 on: July 22, 2013, 06:44:00 AM »
Hardwick outcoached Lyon. Beat Freo at their own game. Tackling fantastic. So many tackles that should have been rewarded weren't. Superb game from Cotch. Jack was good as well. Overall a very good team effort. If Martin had kicked straight would have won by more. Not getting carried away with win because Froe were undermined but still it was a good win and important in the context of the season.

dwaino

« Reply #115 on: July 22, 2013, 07:02:29 AM »
Hardwick outcoached Lyon. Beat Freo at their own game. Tackling fantastic. So many tackles that should have been rewarded weren't.

This is what I didn't get. It seemed we weren't getting as many holding/dropping the ball frees as we deserved due to maybe the umpires letting them go to even up us getting some other easy stuff. After being criticised for so long about our tackling it was frustrating to watch tackle after tackle that they either held it with prior, dropped it, spun in circles or simply threw the ball just let go.

Offline Owl

• Magnificent Bastard
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Bring me TWO chickens
« Reply #116 on: July 22, 2013, 08:28:12 AM »
I saw a passage of play where they scored a goal where they fair dinkum slung the ball one handed when being tackled not once but twice and the umpire just ignored it, another time I saw a diving rugby pass, also ignored and resulted in a goal to them.  They were getting mauled by tackling pressure but we didn't get rewarded at all.
Lots of people name their swords......

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #117 on: July 22, 2013, 09:00:54 AM »
Our best win of the year of you ask me

Round 1 was more enjoyable and satisfying but this one meant a lot

Best tackling pressure I've seen in a while

You can pick a few issues (Morris falling over every 2 minutes) but overall a great 4 quarter effort

That King hit was nothing more than a free kick. I wait with great interest what they come up with today

Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #118 on: July 22, 2013, 09:12:55 AM »
it wasnt just tackling pressure but all round defensive pressure. To see freo players look like they were away but have to prop and wait as they had no options was very pleasing.

I'm more inclined to say our players outplayed theirs rather than outcoached them. They maintained their own pressure and withstood freo's for the whole game, unlike the north game where they just wilted
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

Offline Stripes

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #119 on: July 22, 2013, 11:48:28 AM »
it wasnt just tackling pressure but all round defensive pressure. To see freo players look like they were away but have to prop and wait as they had no options was very pleasing.

I'm more inclined to say our players outplayed theirs rather than outcoached them. They maintained their own pressure and withstood freo's for the whole game, unlike the north game where they just wilted

I think it was both al. Our coaches created the game plan and strategies to combat their game plan and then the players were able to maintain the intensity and concentration to execute these roles.  :clapping