Author Topic: General Soccer discussion.  (Read 159828 times)

dwaino

Re: General Soccer discussion.
« Reply #525 on: October 25, 2015, 10:57:15 PM »
Arsenal for mine at the moment.

dwaino

« Reply #526 on: October 26, 2015, 07:01:52 AM »
Just romped Augsburg 5-1. Aubameyang nummer eins torjäger im Bundesliga :cheers

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #527 on: October 26, 2015, 09:18:20 AM »
Everyone is playing for second place in the Bundesliga behind Bayern :yep.

Arsenal for mine at the moment.
If they do end up winning it then it will shut up Wenger's critics for good. The club has stood by him while they had to sacrifice transfer money for the cost of moving to Emirates and now that's behind them, Arsenal are back on track for genuine tilts at major trophies.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline Stalin

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Close your mouth pls, we are not a codfish
« Reply #528 on: October 26, 2015, 11:50:16 AM »
Lol arsenal
Then he grabbed two chopsticks and stuck them in his mouth , pretending to be a walrus

tony_montana

« Reply #529 on: October 26, 2015, 07:19:18 PM »
:thumbsup

I've jumped on board the Dortmund bandwagon, not bc of Klopp, geez they're an exciting side  - would love to see them take down Bayern (fat chance I know)

:thumbsup welcome  ;D Schwarz und gelb, echte liebe! Tuchel is doing a great job so far. Changed the formation and put his stamp on. Poor Mainz though. First Klopp, now Tuchel, I guess we'll take their next one too when it's time  :lol

Difference between us and Bayern is we generally have the best Germans (have most in national squad at the moment I think, Reus, Ginter, Gundogan, Hummels) but Bayern are a continental heavy weight and get the best internationals. We would only be a small step behind Bayern and but clearly ahead of Wolfsburg and Schalke who would make up the "big 4" I guess you would call it. Got Bayern in the dfb pokal semi last season on penalties but ended up losing the final to Wolfsburg.

I love Bundesliga though. It's fast and silky and has an edge of aggression. Any of you blokes use beIN sports? Occasionally if I'm home during a Dortmund game one of the krauts on their FB page would put up a dodgy stream from somewhere but thinking about getting the cheapo version for computers/devices since apparently you can watch games already played which would suit me. It's cheaper that way than getting it attached onto Foxtel but I can't seem to find Aussie reviews of it in terms of quality of feed and availability of replays.

Agree, became a fan of the bundesliga a few yrs ago when they showed games on that digital channel one I think? It's good quality and very fast. My bro in law got it on Foxtel to watch champions league and uefa cup and will let me know how the computer streaming version is. Says you can watch any other CL/uefa cup game that's on live streaming? I'll let you know

tony_montana

« Reply #530 on: October 26, 2015, 07:20:37 PM »
I reckon arsenal will win it too.

Can't believe what I'm seeing at Chelsea. Wtf is going on there?

dwaino

« Reply #531 on: October 26, 2015, 07:46:18 PM »
So I caved and got beIN sports. I just wanted to test a month but you have to do two months and a signing fee. But still, cheaper than 12 months. Ended up coughing up the extra $3 for the Foxtel sub (hey big spender) which comes with the mobile/computer device (beIN connect) package. They only offer SD but at the moment just got it on a Championship (England) show and quality is great. But I just logged into the website and went to catch up and looked up this morning's Dortmund v Augsburg game (just happened to fast forward right to the exact moment Gundogan forwarded a pass from Ginter to Aubameyang with the most ridiculous back heel which resulted in a goal  :o). Quality is decent on my Bigpond cable. Haven't tried from my iphone 6+ or a tab yet. Working daylight hours I'm not going to be able to catch many games live but I've got it to just watch back Dortmund games when we win. Also keen to catch some Bayern games. Bayern v Wolfsburg this week I think which will be an absolute corker. Foxtel already has UEFA CL but doesn't show many games and doesn't have Euro Cup so can get them on this. Also noticed it has Serie A so will at least be able to watch some AC. From what I can tell beIN (previously Setanta sports) covers:

English divs 2-4
Two of the English cups
Bundesliga
German cup (DFB Pokal)
Serie A
Ligue 1
La Liga
UEFA CL and Euro
MLS
Scottish league

Offline Stalin

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #532 on: October 26, 2015, 09:41:47 PM »
What's w. The Chelsea coach running on the pitch lol
Then he grabbed two chopsticks and stuck them in his mouth , pretending to be a walrus

tony_montana

« Reply #533 on: October 26, 2015, 10:50:06 PM »

Offline Stalin

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #534 on: October 27, 2015, 12:33:46 PM »
35 million quid well spent andy Carrol   :bow

dwaino

« Reply #535 on: October 27, 2015, 01:05:22 PM »
Was just watching some live Ingolstadt v Hertha on my lunch break (beIN paying itself off already) and Leckie is a jet.

Offline Stalin

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #536 on: October 27, 2015, 01:12:40 PM »
Rooney is god dam awful  :lol

So I caved and got beIN sports. I just wanted to test a month but you have to do two months and a signing fee. But still, cheaper than 12 months. Ended up coughing up the extra $3 for the Foxtel sub (hey big spender) which comes with the mobile/computer device (beIN connect) package. They only offer SD but at the moment just got it on a Championship (England) show and quality is great. But I just logged into the website and went to catch up and looked up this morning's Dortmund v Augsburg game (just happened to fast forward right to the exact moment Gundogan forwarded a pass from Ginter to Aubameyang with the most ridiculous back heel which resulted in a goal  :o). Quality is decent on my Bigpond cable. Haven't tried from my iphone 6+ or a tab yet. Working daylight hours I'm not going to be able to catch many games live but I've got it to just watch back Dortmund games when we win. Also keen to catch some Bayern games. Bayern v Wolfsburg this week I think which will be an absolute corker. Foxtel already has UEFA CL but doesn't show many games and doesn't have Euro Cup so can get them on this. Also noticed it has Serie A so will at least be able to watch some AC. From what I can tell beIN (previously Setanta sports) covers:

English divs 2-4
Two of the English cups
Bundesliga
German cup (DFB Pokal)
Serie A
Ligue 1
La Liga
UEFA CL and Euro
MLS
Scottish league

i think i will do the same

i watched sporting / benfica, on eurosport, and its dam good

Offline Stalin

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #537 on: October 27, 2015, 01:28:18 PM »
Just romped Augsburg 5-1. Aubameyang nummer eins torjäger im Bundesliga :cheers

how fast does he run

https://streamable.com/s3df

:lol

dwaino

« Reply #538 on: October 27, 2015, 05:32:31 PM »
I watched Benfica in a Primeira Liga game a couple weeks ago on Eurosport and it was the most batshit boring game I have ever seen. They had over 70% possession and just kept bobbing it between the CBs and occasionally took it forward. Then if the attack wasn't going to work they took it back to the CBs and just did the same thing. It was about 35mins before they registered a shot on goal  :sleep

tony_montana

« Reply #539 on: October 27, 2015, 10:11:12 PM »
35 million quid well spent andy Carrol   :bow

:facepalm