Author Topic: Hartly's radar  (Read 3413 times)

Hellenic Tiger

Re: Hartly's radar
« Reply #15 on: August 04, 2013, 07:50:46 PM »
Warnock is too injury prone.
I would rather a Nicholls or a Gorringe or even a Bellchambers who can genuinely pinch hit forward but is more of a ruckman. Gold Coast have an embarrassment of riches and they would want to build on their 6-8 wins this year and be knocking on the door of the 8 this time next year. I think they may want to trade with teams in the 8 or teams that may establish themselves in the 8 in the next few years that are 1-2 yrs ahead of them and help their development.
GWS are in the same position whilst its good having the talent they do they need to have some more players in their 22 that are solid bodies and have AFL experience.

Offline Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #16 on: August 04, 2013, 09:36:32 PM »
Jesse White?

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #17 on: August 04, 2013, 09:38:52 PM »
Jesse White?

Fremantle will be into him. Someone is going to miss out from Sydney. Reid is out atm also.
Just need to be shrewd about this and who we are going to get and from where.

Gigantor

« Reply #18 on: August 04, 2013, 09:49:37 PM »
Maybe what we are going to end up paying jack,cotch,martin there will be very little room for us to get anyone ,unless of course we are prepared to let someone significany go

Offline wayne

• Fame of Hall
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • In Absentia
« Reply #19 on: August 04, 2013, 10:19:43 PM »
Rodan, Tambling and Graham aren't getting regular games, they might be worth a nibble.
And you may not think I care for you
When you know down inside that I really do

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #20 on: August 04, 2013, 10:30:37 PM »
Rodan, Tambling and Graham aren't getting regular games, they might be worth a nibble.

:fishing

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #21 on: August 04, 2013, 10:42:13 PM »

Would be great for Richmond VFL side!

non AFL listed

how is RFC non-afl listed players going to work? if we have injury we cant field two full sides. Will we have development squad? (thirds)

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #22 on: August 04, 2013, 11:58:31 PM »
Believe we can "list" enough non listed players to cover injuries and call upon more if something tragic happens

Offline Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Richmond, Premiers 2017.2019.2020
« Reply #23 on: August 05, 2013, 05:24:10 AM »
Jesse White?
Now that's an interesting suggestion Andy with a Y.  :thumbsup
I had the exact same suggestion middle of last year along with my suggestion of Chris Knights.

Both suggestions I might add were critically dismissed by some on OER.  :banghead
Blair clearly read my suggestion of Knights and has proved an insightful selection.   ;D

The most disappointing aspect of Jesse White is that he is starting to get too good now that he's stringing regular games together and gaining some confidence in himself.
Talk now is all over the place on his supposed value as a forward being strongly linked to Freo and now the Bulldogs.
If we got him last year he'd be an Ivan Maric-like pickup, ripe, cheap and ready to burst with added confidence & backing of the coaching staff.

Jesse White no doubt would've been a terrific pickup last year but now he'll be too expensive.

P.S. (Blair & OER dismissers)....... I told you so!
The club that keeps giving.

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #24 on: August 05, 2013, 07:00:33 AM »
how is RFC non-afl listed players going to work? if we have injury we cant field two full sides. Will we have development squad? (thirds)

Dont know how many times it's been posted, meaning howmany times you've asked and been told bents the RFC will not a have a development squad. Can I make it any clearer for you ??? ???

We will have a VFL side only and we will have a list of VFL only players. There is a minimum number (IIRC it's around 11) that has to be on that list with no real maximum

Believe we can "list" enough non listed players to cover injuries and call upon more if something tragic happens

Exactly   :clapping :clapping
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline Golfprotiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Risking Head and Shin
« Reply #25 on: August 05, 2013, 09:01:16 AM »
Robert Walls reckons Chris Yarran could be on the out at Carlton, any use for us?
Tommy Hafey - "There's nothing more tiger-ish than a bloody tiger, a wounded tiger''

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #26 on: August 05, 2013, 09:11:06 AM »
He's on the outer due to attitude and work rate.

If the great white haired messiah cant get the best out him, what makes anyone think a second rate coach like Hardwick would?
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

Offline Sandtiger

• Tiger Rookie
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #27 on: August 05, 2013, 10:31:43 AM »
Bit of lateral thinking here, but thoughts on Cooney chucking on the old yellow and black? could free Lids up a bit

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #28 on: August 05, 2013, 10:45:48 AM »
Bit of lateral thinking here, but thoughts on Cooney chucking on the old yellow and black? could free Lids up a bit

Not after 3 minutes of footy I saw from him yesterday, cost the Doggies big time with 2 really soft clearance that resulted in turnovers & goals to the Swans.

Meant the Doggies went from 8 points down with 2:30 mins to go into the 3rd to being 20 points down & goneskis. For a senior player, their highest paid player it was very poor indeed
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline wayne

• Fame of Hall
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • In Absentia
« Reply #29 on: August 05, 2013, 11:34:22 AM »
Get Bob Murphy over for a year or two.
And you may not think I care for you
When you know down inside that I really do