Author Topic: Fitness  (Read 8074 times)

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
Fitness
« on: August 05, 2013, 07:52:40 PM »
Any of you fellas fitness freaks? Or even just enjoy the occasional run or gym session?

dwaino

Re: Fitness
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2013, 07:56:49 PM »
Just had fish and chips.

Gigantor

« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2013, 07:58:27 PM »
Yep I run 5 days a week,and walk the other 2.
weather permitting I also bike ride(usually the warmer months for this activity)
I do 150 push ups a  day Mon-fri,and increase it to 200 a day on the weekends
I also do so lightweight weights(if that makes sense).
Must admit though that despite doing this ,if I don't watch what I eat the weight just piles on.I guess as I age my metabolism is slowing down and thus I need to be ever vigilant

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2013, 08:01:40 PM »
 :lol dwaino

That's a fair effort Gigantor. Do you aim for x amount of distance in y amount of time or just go out and see what happens? Yeah for me the hardest is watching what I eat, I'm very lazy at that

Gigantor

« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2013, 08:03:47 PM »
Used to time myself and worry about distance covered.now just go out for 30 min and run at a leisurely pace.

Gigantor

« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2013, 08:05:43 PM »
cold winter evenings sitting in front of the box its easy to just grab a bag of crisps and munch on them.

dwaino

« Reply #6 on: August 05, 2013, 08:16:01 PM »
Bloody machine G. I'm struggling to get motivated after tearing my hammy. Being winter hasn't helped.

Offline Coach

• Hardly A Prude
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Depend on Schulzy
« Reply #7 on: August 05, 2013, 08:24:56 PM »
Run a few k on the treadmill a few times a week to burn off the rubbish I eat. Gets harder when you get older but I'm still a gun IMHO

Gigantor

« Reply #8 on: August 05, 2013, 08:36:14 PM »
The part of the body I most struggle with is the stomach  despite my efforts the results in the tummy area are moderate at best.
Dwaino how did you tear it?

Offline (•))(©™

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Dimalaka
« Reply #9 on: August 05, 2013, 08:41:19 PM »
I try to squeeze in 5 commonwealth banks a day plus runs and walks
Caracella and Balmey.

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #10 on: August 05, 2013, 08:49:48 PM »
If coach was coming after me with one of his special boy videos I reckon I would run faster than Lids

dwaino

« Reply #11 on: August 05, 2013, 08:59:31 PM »
Dwaino how did you tear it?

New coach at footy and had a really tough pre-season, and I think I was over training with some in between stuff. One day woke up a bit sore and tight right up the top on the attachment and went to training that night thinking I would just run it out (worked through a small calf tweak only a few weeks before it). It was only about 15-20 mins into training doing some sprint work and noticed I was losing 'elasticity' in one leg (if that makes sense). Kept pushing through and had trouble taking off and pulling up in some ball drills. Went for 5 mins breather and sat down to stretch it out... Couldn't walk again for another 3 days. Small progressive tear right on the attachment. Crap blood flow there so took months to get to even 90%. Then due to a slight pelvic imbalance (fell 3 meters when I was a kid and broke one) all the physio treatment and focus on the one side gave me some hip issues. Nothing major but means this season is over for me. So I've just got my feet up and procrastinating  :lol when it warms up a bit and gets a bit more sunlight I'll get back into it so I'm ready to go for preseason training in November.

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #12 on: August 05, 2013, 10:02:31 PM »
Bloody machine G. I'm struggling to get motivated after tearing my hammy. Being winter hasn't helped.

Do it right. I did mine ~5 years ago and didn't take care of it and it hasn't been right ever since. I've gotten serious the past year to get it right because it was getting out of hand and have been progressively upping the weight I use when exercising it. Still about 1/3 the strength in it than my other one.

Run a few k on the treadmill a few times a week to burn off the rubbish I eat. Gets harder when you get older but I'm still a gun IMHO
This you coach?

dwaino

« Reply #13 on: August 05, 2013, 10:29:28 PM »

Do it right. I did mine ~5 years ago and didn't take care of it and it hasn't been right ever since. I've gotten serious the past year to get it right because it was getting out of hand and have been progressively upping the weight I use when exercising it. Still about 1/3 the strength in it than my other one.

I hear ya bra. I'm pretty confident I'll be fine because to be honest it feels great, I'm just being lazy. Understandably there is going to be some scar tissue but my physio assures me that as long as I get into some serious core strengthening before I start full on pre-season training I should be right. If it happens again however I definitely won't be calling Grimes for any advice.

Offline cub

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • "Tigertime!"
    • bantigertrade
« Reply #14 on: August 05, 2013, 10:35:11 PM »
Jekyll and hide here, but at least I'm consistent or I'd be stuffed. At least 30 - 40 ks walk run a week, gym volleyball (don't really count this as exercise) unless it pairs sandball.
Been doing yoga last year or so and have just started and just finished a Sesh for that matter of hot yoga, laugh all you like try a 90 minute session of hot yoga I'm stuffed.