Author Topic: Official Team for Round 21 vs Blues  (Read 7580 times)

tony_montana

Re: Official Team for Round 21 vs Blues
« Reply #105 on: August 17, 2013, 09:04:11 PM »
Just throwing it out there but are we going through a heavy training load to get ready for finals? Top 4 was never a realistic goal and once finals were assured after the hawks game, maybe the coaching staff decided it was best to prepare for finals - heavy training load for 3-4 weeks then taper off before finals.

Not looking for excuses but its interesting the way we've fallen away badly after halftime the past 2 weeks. Our leg speed has looked markedly slower too right across the board, I really noticed it with Lids, Martin, Houli today (they looked 'heavy'?) only Morris looks spritely but hes a unit.

I guess we'll know soon enough

Offline Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Richmond, Premiers 2017.2019
« Reply #106 on: August 17, 2013, 09:55:45 PM »
Just throwing it out there but are we going through a heavy training load to get ready for finals? Top 4 was never a realistic goal and once finals were assured after the hawks game, maybe the coaching staff decided it was best to prepare for finals - heavy training load for 3-4 weeks then taper off before finals.

Not looking for excuses but its interesting the way we've fallen away badly after halftime the past 2 weeks. Our leg speed has looked markedly slower too right across the board, I really noticed it with Lids, Martin, Houli today (they looked 'heavy'?) only Morris looks spritely but hes a unit.

Maybe so but why not beat the scum anyway. stuffing footscray beat them FFS! 
The club that keeps giving.

Offline tigs2011

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #107 on: August 17, 2013, 10:06:37 PM »

Jacko said this is the case in Inside Tigerland. And I read that Newy had said we had a tough training session this morning.  :lol

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #108 on: August 17, 2013, 10:08:07 PM »
Astbury for mine was a pass.

White has done some decent things but for mine is still is the 50/50 basket. Still not sold he is best 22.

Chaplin looked slow in contrast to the impressive Jamison

Of the remaining players that worried me before the match; mcgaune. Grigg. Pettard. Jackson were as expected sub par.

I fear we are not managing the list in the correct manner. Sure hope tony Mont. Is on the money

B:  Morris, Rance, Astbury

HB:  Houli, Chaplin, Petterd

C:  Grigg, Cotchin, Jackson

HF:  White, Martin, Ellis

F:  McGuane, Riewoldt, Vickery

R:  Maric, Deledio, Foley

IC:  Tuck, Conca, Vlastuin, Grimes

Emerg:  McDonough, Helbig, McBean

:pray :pray

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #109 on: August 18, 2013, 12:46:56 AM »
Tuck does not really work as a sub. I just can't see the point of it.
McDonough looked a bit raw, he looks the type that needs games. He will not get as much overhead ball as he is used to.

Tuck was perfect as a sub against Hawthorn as conditions suited him. Lamentably for Tucky on a fast track he has little impact the slower the track the better he is.

Missed White's pace today.
I think we have bee overlooked on the track in anticipation of finals.
I still expect us to finish in 5th spot and play Port in the first week of finals.
Disappointed about today yes, disastrous no but pees me off bc it's Carlton.

Thing is this if the roles were reversed and they were in the finals and we were in 9th place going in and playing for our lives and the quarter time score was in their favour they would have won by 12 goals and buried us our season and our hopes.

It seems no matter what we do against Carlton and Nought we just can't break the shackles.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #110 on: August 18, 2013, 04:09:55 AM »
Thought we had a shocker at the selection table... An absolute shocker.

Why we would bring in a key defender and a medium defender for 2 runners is beyond me.. Really really poor.

We looked to have ran out of legs and when their mids flooded fwd we couldn't match them for agility when the ball hit the ground. If McLean is kicking 3 roving goals then you don't have the right structure in place defensively.

Horrible selections.. Stick to 3 Key defenders maximum.
Agree Popelord. We set up like we were playing Hawthorn again with their 4 tall forwards; not Carlton playing a small/mobile//midsized forward line around Waite and Casboult.

In the midfield we got smashed after 1/4 time and looked it we ran out of options to change to a more running side. We really missed Whitey, Titch and Kingy at ground level to break the lines and crumb goals.

Overall though, we still should have won. We just thought the game was won at 1/4 time and too many thought we could cruise and play millionaires footy. The signs were bad early in the 2nd qtr when we started lairising with the ball - needlessly overpossessing and handballing when we should have kicked. A couple of turnovers and Gibbs' dob from the boundary and the momentum had swung. The team learnt another lesson in not flirting with form and workrate otherwise you'll get your pants pulled down.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Richmond, Premiers 2017.2019
« Reply #111 on: August 18, 2013, 10:49:11 AM »
Thought we had a shocker at the selection table... An absolute shocker.

Why we would bring in a key defender and a medium defender for 2 runners is beyond me.. Really really poor.

We looked to have ran out of legs and when their mids flooded fwd we couldn't match them for agility when the ball hit the ground. If McLean is kicking 3 roving goals then you don't have the right structure in place defensively.

Horrible selections.. Stick to 3 Key defenders maximum.
Agree Popelord. We set up like we were playing Hawthorn again with their 4 tall forwards; not Carlton playing a small/mobile//midsized forward line around Waite and Casboult.

In the midfield we got smashed after 1/4 time and looked it we ran out of options to change to a more running side. We really missed Whitey, Titch and Kingy at ground level to break the lines and crumb goals.

Overall though, we still should have won. We just thought the game was won at 1/4 time and too many thought we could cruise and play millionaires footy. The signs were bad early in the 2nd qtr when we started lairising with the ball - needlessly overpossessing and handballing when we should have kicked. A couple of turnovers and Gibbs' dob from the boundary and the momentum had swung. The team learnt another lesson in not flirting with form and workrate otherwise you'll get your pants pulled down.
Excellent summation MT.

But couldn't they learn that next week?
Why? Why? Why?
The club that keeps giving.

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #112 on: August 18, 2013, 07:23:38 PM »

Maybe so but why not beat the scum anyway. stuffing footscray beat them FFS!

Why bring up games from years ago?