Author Topic: Bingle re-sign for years as Richmond major co-sponsor (Confirmed RFC website)  (Read 4757 times)

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
Why wouldn't they stay on the Tiger train  :clapping

Rampstar

Richmond should work with the ministry of transport to have at least 1 train and all its carriages painted in Richmond livery. The sponsors could put in some money and they could have their company logos put on the train. Ie Jeep and Bingle. And put it on the Glen Waverley line just to give the Hawks supporters the shitz.

Offline wayne

• Fame of Hall
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • In Absentia

2/ You should always work to retain what you have and build the relationship which in most cases will lead to increase in the $$$ = perfect example RFC & Bingle  ;D

:clapping

Have a read about how Cameron Schwab treated the Demons sponsors/potential sponsors and what can happen if you don't look after them.

Dee-p trouble with trouble not limited to just on-field in recent seasons

MELBOURNE'S voyage into the seas of despair set sail from the Port of Shanghai in October 2010.

It was the highlight night of the club's exhibition trip to China, where the Demons played the Brisbane Lions at Jiangwan Stadium for the once-off "Kaspersky Cup".

A luxury cruise boat was hired to entertain players, officials and sponsors involved in footy's first ever match in China.

On deck, as they crawled along the Huangpu River, were Melbourne chief executive Cameron Schwab and Harry Cheung, the Asia-Pacific managing director of Russian IT security company Kaspersky.

Two years earlier Kaspersky had agreed to become Melbourne's major sponsor after a chance meeting between lifelong Demons supporter Andrew Mamonitis and Cheung at a Kazakhstan restaurant in Moscow.

Cheung was impressed by Mamonitis' passion for his club in a far-off land and just happened to be looking at expanding the Kaspersky brand to Australia.

A month later he ordered his staff to approach the Demons, which they did through a membership hotline.

Hardly believing their luck, the Demons soon announced a three-year jumper deal worth $2.4 million.

Now basking in the glory of the "Kaspersky Cup" - a game the Russian firm paid another $300,000 to host - Cheung was keen to extend for another three seasons.

Cheung was even treated to a rousing rendition of "It's a Grand Old Flag" on the boat as Schwab spoke of the importance of the trip in bringing the club together.

But instead of disembarking with a handshake deal, the businessman walked away with a sinking feeling. Melbourne wanted more.

Over the coming weeks Cheung was told the Demons were on track to become a powerhouse of the competition to rival the likes of Collingwood and Essendon - so the price for a space on the jumper had risen from $800,000 per season to as much as $1.5 million. Cheung was affronted and a year later, after months of wrangling, Kaspersky walked away. A crucial commercial partner was lost at sea.

About the same time as the Kaspersky deal collapsed, Schwab and his commercial operations team were courting a bloke named Ben Poulis, the owner of energy broker company Energy Watch.

In August 2011, the Demons and Energy Watch announced a massive $6 million, three-year deal.

Schwab could hardly contain his delight, tweeting: "Locking our budgets away for 2012 ... We've gone from a $26 million organisation in 2009 to a $40 million-plus in 2012 - growth needed to compete."

Polis paid his first cheque on time, but it wasn't long before alarm bells sounded.

Less than a week after the deal was done, the Australian Competition and Consumer Commission announced it had hit Energy Watch with legal action for engaging in deceptive conduct.

Polis dismissed the claims and declared his company was "entirely legitimate".

"If we are dodgy, then why have we saved 150,000 people money on their power bills?" Polis said. "There are people who say we are dodgy, but we're not."

It all ended in tears in April last year when Melbourne was forced to dump Energy Watch after a racism scandal.

Polis had been exposed for making a series of offensive remarks on the internet, leaving the Demons without a major backer.

Kaspersky moved on fast and announced sponsorship arrangements with Collingwood and NRL club Manly.

But Kaspersky isn't the only brand to be overturned by Melbourne.

In late 2008, the Demons had all but done the deal to land international food giant Mission Foods as a major sponsor, only to be beaten by an 11th-hour swoop by the Western Bulldogs.

In a major blow to Melbourne, the Dogs announced a three-year deal worth a massive $4.5 million.

Passionate Demons fan and Mission Foods general manager Matthew Forster had all but gifted the partnership to his club only to see it slip away by a series of last-minute demands from Melbourne.

Another one had gotten away.

The Mission Foods fiasco led to the club's association with Hankook Tyres, a South Korean firm with a growing foothold in Australia. Hankook joined as the club's co-major partner in 2009 in a three-year deal worth about $700,000 a season.

Hankook's money came from its Victorian distributor L.D.Wholesale Tyres, owned by Lawrie de la Rue - a club supporter since 1958 and a large contributor to the Demons' debt demolition fund.

De la Rue, who has contributed about $2.5 million to the club through the sponsorship and donations, walked away in disgust at the end of 2011.

The Hankook association had completely disintegrated, with legal letters exchanged.

A major sticking point was the club's decision to place its new club emblem on the top left of the jumper above the Hankook logo.

De la Rue was cast aside.

Car giant Volvo also had its problems and chose to cease its second-tier sponsorship with the club in 2011.

"At some point, the board needs to take stock and work out why it can't keep sponsors," De La Rue told the Herald Sun.

"In this day and age, sponsorship is not a donation. Sponsors require a commercial return and we expect that key deliverables will be met."

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/dee-p-trouble-with-trouble-not-limited-to-just-on-field-in-recent-seasons/story-fni5f91a-1226668144549
And you may not think I care for you
When you know down inside that I really do

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
Brown paper bags for Dusty and Conca  :shh

Environmentally friendly Visy brand bags of course.

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
Confirmed on the RFC web-site but obviously no mention of the $$$  ;D
==================================================

Bingle backs Richmond for three more years
By richmondfc.com.au
Exclusive to richmondfc.com.au
9:30am AEST Friday, August 16, 2013

Richmond is proud to announce Bingle will remain the Club’s joint major sponsor for the next three years.

Bingle will remain on the back of Richmond’s match-day guernsey until the end of 2016, bringing the partnership to a minimum six-year term.

“This is obviously a very significant announcement for the Club, and we are delighted that Bingle continues to see Richmond as an opportunity to help grow their business,” said Richmond CEO Brendon Gale.

"This renewal announcement is a strong indication of Bingle's support for the direction we are heading, both on and off the field.  We are proud of our partnership, and excited by the prospects of continuing our relationship over the coming years.”

Full article:
http://www.richmondfc.com.au/news/2013-08-16/bingle-backs-richmond-for-three-more-years
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

gerkin greg

CGU is a front and back of jumper and shorts sponsor of the Filth which is why it's so high

I think think they alternate games with Emirates?

Bingle is just the back

Offline tigs2011

• RFC Hall of Fame
CGU is a front and back of jumper and shorts sponsor of the Filth which is why it's so high

Bingle is just the back

Add Jeep into ours and it's probably over $2 million a year. Win a flag in the next 3 years and woah look out.  :shh

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One Eyed Richmond

Bingle is just the back

Spot on Mr Gerkin (again)

CGU & Emirates alternate between the front & back of the Pies jumpers . One gets front for home games the other gets the back

Add Jeep into ours and it's probably over $2 million a year. Win a flag in the next 3 years and woah look out.  :shh

BTW Front of jumper usually pays more than back of jumper  :shh

Have said this many times when you look at how much we get against other sides you need to compare everything their $$ cover compared to what we get from 3 different sponsrs

Eg Back & Front of Guernseys & shorts

Example I've always used is Bulldogs & Mission. I've read people complain on here that The Bulldogs get more from their major sponsors Mission than we do from our 3, my argument has always been we don't.

With the Bulldogs Mission get jumper (back & front), shorts and naming rights to the Learning centre at Whitten Oval. Media reports put the currentl deal at around $5-6mil over 3 years. Let's assume it is $6mil = $2 mil a season

None of us (not even the media) know for sure what the Tigers are getting but let's use the most lot of recent media reports.
Bin Boy said last night that Bingle new 3 year deal was in excess of $3mil over 3 years. So let put that conservatively at $1.1 per season. Jeep's currently deal is supposedly around $1mil a year (expires end of 2014 for memory), Harvey Norman on the shorts was reported at around $300k-$500k a season, so lets call it $400k

So by my maths that equals $2.5kM a year for just the on field kit which is clearly better than the Doggies. Then when you consider that $2.5m doesn't take into consideration what we are getting from ME Bank for naming rights to Punt road I think you can see we are going alot better than a number of other Clubs with massie scope to build

And tigs2011 is right start playing finals consistently, those numbers will continue to grow  :gotigers

« Last Edit: August 16, 2013, 02:52:14 PM by WilliamPowell »

Ruanaidh

I'm on board with both cars. :thumbsup

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame

So by my maths that equals $2.5k a year for just the on field kit which is clearly better than the Doggies.

Hope we get a lot more than that  ;D

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One Eyed Richmond

So by my maths that equals $2.5k a year for just the on field kit which is clearly better than the Doggies.

In time, with sucess it will happen

Considering where we've come from we are tracking in the positive

Other Clubs, especially those who've been relatively successful over the last 5-10 years (hello St Kilda to name but one  ;D) would love to have the sponsorship levels we do  ;D ;)

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame

In time, with sucess it will happen

Considering where we've come from we are tracking in the positive

Other Clubs, especially those who've been relatively successful over the last 5-10 years (hello St Kilda to name but one  ;D) would love to have the sponsorship levels we do  ;D ;)

You made a typo and said we are getting 2.5 K not M

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One Eyed Richmond
You made a typo and said we are getting 2.5 K not M

Ooops  :wallywink  ;D ;D

Offline Eat_em_Alive

• RFC Hall of Fame
Brown paper bags for Dusty and Conca  :shh

Environmentally friendly Visy brand bags of course.

Bio-degradable of course  ;D

Oh and Wayne, I hadnt read that before but now that I have I cant believe how stupid and pathetic melbourne are  :banghead

The anywhere, anytime Tigers.
E A T  E M  A L I V E  M O F O S

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame