Author Topic: Feel a Geelong Coming On  (Read 7348 times)

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
Feel a Geelong Coming On
« on: August 18, 2013, 08:54:18 AM »
So, back in the day, full of ourselves as per usual, went into the semi or pre lim, got smashed by the Cats I think, absolutely thumped...... Can feel it coming again. We just cant seem to lift...

DO WE WAN'T IT......????  :-\
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"

Rampstar

Re: Feel a Geelong Coming On
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2013, 09:53:48 AM »
At the start of the year everybody would have been happy to finish 8th. People shouldnt forget where we are coming from. Also there is a chance that the players are currently in a higher training load phase before the finals before training tapers off and players are refreshed. The players look stuffed.

Online Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Richmond, Premiers 2017.2019.2020
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2013, 10:35:30 AM »
So, back in the day, full of ourselves as per usual, went into the semi or pre lim, got smashed by the Cats I think, absolutely thumped...... Can feel it coming again. We just cant seem to lift...

Your probably right WAT.

They'll maybe win one and probably lose one. Many a Richmond supporter thinking this year was a maybe finals year but next year was a certainty.

So we get smashed in a final, well so be it. The facts are that we made it & we tasted finals and lets build on that. We can start a legacy.

But I will guarantee you that if it does happen & we get smashed like Geelong did to us in '95, I won't be as filthy as I am today.
I could hardly sleep last night. I woke up this morning and the first thing I remember is we got done by that dirty rotten cheating scum tanking club. Why? Because my phone buzzes me & vibrates to wake me up to another of the many foul arrogant stuff you messages by the behindholes that know me & support that scum.
Some of these people are acquaintances but most are from my family & close friends and its from them its where I get the greatest vitriol and abuse.

stuff you Richmond and your stuffing ten point loss!
Couldn't you have done that poo next week? It just not fair!!!
The club that keeps giving.

Offline mat073

• Perth's biggest tiger tragic.
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2013, 10:40:20 AM »
Back in 1995 we lost to Brisbane in round 20 by a massive 77 pts

The Bears were 10th on the ladder at the time.
Unleash the tornado

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2013, 10:40:29 AM »
feel a geelong coming on?

probably better than a fourex, i suppose.....
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

Offline jayylukee

• Tiger Rookie
« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2013, 11:16:45 AM »
Every premiership team since 2008 (haven't looked further) has lost at least one game in the final 4 rounds of the season. There is absolute no reason to worry about yesterday's game. The increased training load will pay off when we smash the bummers r23 and win r1 of the finals...

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #6 on: August 18, 2013, 11:28:51 AM »
feel a geelong coming on?

probably better than a fourex, i suppose.....

:lol

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #7 on: August 18, 2013, 11:45:59 AM »
Every premiership team since 2008 (haven't looked further) has lost at least one game in the final 4 rounds of the season. There is absolute no reason to worry about yesterday's game. The increased training load will pay off when we smash the bummers r23 and win r1 of the finals...

Sorry such positiveness doesn't sit well with our negative nellies

Online Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Richmond, Premiers 2017.2019.2020
« Reply #8 on: August 18, 2013, 12:04:21 PM »
You obviously don't hate the cheating scum as much as I do. And you aren't receiving the texts I'm getting & you won't cop it at work all week as I will.

Any other game would've been ok but not that game.  :banghead
Why? Why? Why?
The club that keeps giving.

Offline Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #9 on: August 18, 2013, 12:09:14 PM »

I'm almost certain the reason we lose games is simply because we don't want it enough. Great pick up Tom Hafey
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.

Offline tigs2011

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #10 on: August 18, 2013, 12:17:27 PM »
You obviously don't hate the cheating scum as much as I do. And you aren't receiving the texts I'm getting & you won't cop it at work all week as I will.

Any other game would've been ok but not that game.  :banghead
Why? Why? Why?
Just use the Carlton "we kicked badly" excuse.  :clapping

Or text them a list of September holiday destinations.  :whistle

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #11 on: August 18, 2013, 12:21:47 PM »

Don't like the truth do you Chuck.....why have a forum if we can't discuss the issues?? Do you really think we can take that lack of intensity into the finals, wake up for a change.

"Rucks:

Offline tigs2011

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #12 on: August 18, 2013, 12:25:26 PM »

Don't like the truth do you Chuck.....why have a forum if we can't discuss the issues?? Do you really think we can take that lack of intensity into the finals, wake up for a change.
Newy has said the boys went through a tough training session in the morning. Would explain a fair bit. First year we've been the team doing the heavy training loads and dropping a game we shouldn't because we have bigger fish to fry rather than games like in '08 vs the Hawks when the Hawks are too knackered to beat us.

Offline bojangles17

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Platinum member 33 years
« Reply #13 on: August 18, 2013, 12:37:26 PM »
Moronic thread, how did we go against them in 1980 semi final ::)...ooh myyyy how's about 1967 GF  :shh...teeth in brain in gear and reload
RFC 1885, Often Imitated, Never Equalled

Offline Loui Tufga

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Beaver BLT
« Reply #14 on: August 18, 2013, 12:45:20 PM »
I didnt reslise yesterday was a final? Wait Wot!! Did someone say the sky was falling :lol :rollin