Author Topic: Matt Thomas [merged]  (Read 37165 times)

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Port Adelaide's Matt Thomas likely to join Richmond (Adel. Advertiser)
« Reply #75 on: September 25, 2013, 03:04:48 AM »

Amazing how certain posters are allowed to tell others to stuff off and they get away with it. However, if I call a mate 'cocko' I will get a perma ban :lol

No, I don't think he would be an upgrade over Lonergan. Like choosing between duck poo and pigeon poo anyway.

Moderating's gone to crud ever since you got the sack

Online Willy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • All up inside ya.
« Reply #76 on: September 25, 2013, 04:18:31 AM »
Exactly. You don't get 'perfectly rounded' players for next to nothing. Hartley has been fantastic. No question.
Claw, i take it your WAFL lovechilds are all completely without deficiencies then? Perfect players are they? No point looking at them if they're not eh?
 facts are our list hasn't  been more balanced and talented for yonks, hence our steady stuffing rise up the ladder. This is because people like Blair Hartley are in charge of recruiting and not people like the Claw.

Offline yellowandback

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #77 on: September 25, 2013, 05:19:46 AM »
Thomas had 34 possessions and 7 clearances in Norwood's 51 point semi-final win over West Adelaide in the SANFL yesterday.

http://www.sanfl.com.au/news/sanfl_news/2261/
Will be a very shrewd pick up this guy, and don't think we are the only club interested, think Barlow , whoa :shh

You have absolutely no inside info on who is looking at Matty and what he is like as a player. Stop being such a backside licker and come up with your own opinions instead of this "whoa" rubbish.

ill give you an opinion piece, stuff off :lol

Amazing how certain posters are allowed to tell others to stuff off and they get away with it. However, if I call a mate 'cocko' I will get a perma ban :lol

No, I don't think he would be an upgrade over Lonergan. Like choosing between duck poo and pigeon poo anyway.

Coach,
Everyone knows that You are the Dean Jones of this forum.
Suck it up princess  ;D
It's that simple Spud
"I discussed (it) with my three daughters, my wife and my 82-year-old mum, because it has really affected me … If those comments … were made about one of my daughters, it would make the hairs on the back of my neck stand up. I would not have liked it at all.”

Offline Coach

• Hardly A Prude
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Depend on Schulzy
« Reply #78 on: September 25, 2013, 05:50:21 PM »
Claw - it is Hartley's role to find role players. The well rounded players are never let go by a club for less than the kitchen sink. They are typically the players who are in a sides top 10%. To get a player through free trade or so we don't play overs during the trade period we can not expect to get complete players.

What Blair has done has found depth and role players for us to improve our overallstandard. The type of player you're talking about are first round draft picks you hope to develop into capable players.

Morris was a fantastic pick up as a stopper. No questioning there I feel.

Houli plays his role extremely well. He is not a hard nosed inside ball winner like the Dons were trying to force him to become. He has his weaknesses but most players do but his ability to set up play by foot is elite.

Grigg is a outside runner. This year he was down on form compared to 2012. He will step up again next year but we got him for that role and we got him for practically nothing.

Maric and Chapman made an immediate and undeniable impact on our fortunes. That can't be questioned. Are they faultless - no but they play their roles extremely well.

Knights, Petterd, A Edwards, Stephenson all add maturity and depth. They play a role, create competition for spots and give us the depth we struggled for for years. They are not the future but that are important pieces to the overall puzzle.

Hartley has done an amazing job with these mature recruits. I feel you are asking for far too much if you want anything other than role/depth players through free trade or for late draft picks.

Chapman
Petterd, Edw

Did Hartley recruit Grigg & Houli? How much did he have to do with the recruitment of Morris? And who the stuff is Chapman?

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #79 on: September 25, 2013, 05:59:41 PM »
Claw - it is Hartley's role to find role players. The well rounded players are never let go by a club for less than the kitchen sink. They are typically the players who are in a sides top 10%. To get a player through free trade or so we don't play overs during the trade period we can not expect to get complete players.

What Blair has done has found depth and role players for us to improve our overallstandard. The type of player you're talking about are first round draft picks you hope to develop into capable players.

Houli plays his role extremely well. He is not a hard nosed inside ball winner like the Dons were trying to force him to become. He has his weaknesses but most players do but his ability to set up play by foot is elite.

Grigg is a outside runner. This year he was down on form compared to 2012. He will step up again next year but we got him for that role and we got him for practically nothing.

Maric and Chapman made an immediate and undeniable impact on our fortunes. That can't be questioned. Are they faultless - no but they play their roles extremely well.

Knights, Petterd, A Edwards, Stephenson all add maturity and depth. They play a role, create competition for spots and give us the depth we struggled for for years. They are not the future but that are important pieces to the overall puzzle.

Hartley has done an amazing job with these mature recruits. I feel you are asking for far too much if you want anything other than role/depth players through free trade or for late draft picks.

Chapman
Petterd, Edw

Did Hartley recruit Grigg & Houli? How much did he have to do with the recruitment of Morris? And who the stuff is Chapman?

You are very angry on this forum lately Coach.....
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #80 on: September 25, 2013, 09:40:20 PM »

Chapman
Petterd, Edw

Chapman might be Greg White's mate or so I'm told. Nobody has crossed the street to tell me so my sources are stagnant. Maybe BJ can confirm. :shh

Offline Loui Tufga

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Beaver BLT
« Reply #81 on: September 25, 2013, 11:17:42 PM »
My sources are telling me that BJ's lawyers have gaged him!

Offline Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Richmond, Premiers 2017.2019.2020
« Reply #82 on: September 25, 2013, 11:44:47 PM »
I've got a question for this potential recruit.....

How's his record against the Scum?
The club that keeps giving.

Offline Eat_em_Alive

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #83 on: September 26, 2013, 06:29:06 AM »
I've got a question for this potential recruit.....

How's his record against the Scum?

:clapping
The anywhere, anytime Tigers.
E A T  E M  A L I V E  M O F O S

Offline Coach

• Hardly A Prude
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Depend on Schulzy
« Reply #84 on: September 26, 2013, 08:39:10 AM »

Chapman
Petterd, Edw

You are very angry on this forum lately Coach.....

How so, buddy? 3 very reasonable questions I would have thought. Who is Chapman? Is he predicting we're going to sign Paul?

Offline tigertim

• Tiger Rookie
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #85 on: September 26, 2013, 08:50:42 AM »
I can't say I've seen too much of Thomas but the knock seems to be his disposal (but is that just everyone parrotting the comment?). If his disposal is poor maybe he gets used as the ferret who gets the ball to Cotch et al?

Offline Stripes

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #86 on: September 26, 2013, 09:05:09 AM »

How so, buddy? 3 very reasonable questions I would have thought. Who is Chapman? Is he predicting we're going to sign Paul?

Sorry Coach. Autocorrect on the iPhone. I was referring to Chaplin.

Offline wayne

• Fame of Hall
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • In Absentia
« Reply #87 on: September 26, 2013, 09:46:52 AM »
I can't say I've seen too much of Thomas but the knock seems to be his disposal (but is that just everyone parrotting the comment?). If his disposal is poor maybe he gets used as the ferret who gets the ball to Cotch et al?

Sides are smart enough to make the guy with poor disposal kick the ball more than he should.
And you may not think I care for you
When you know down inside that I really do

Offline Stripes

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #88 on: September 26, 2013, 11:14:33 AM »
I wonder if we would pick up a player with shocking desposal given our priority for good ball users. Perhaps his kicking isn't as bad as speculated or perhaps they are looking at him just as a ball winning depth player?

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #89 on: September 26, 2013, 12:56:12 PM »
Matt Thomas, the reigning Magarey medalist, has met with Richmond and it is expected the hard running Victorian with join the Tigers for 2014 on a two-year deal.

Drafted from Sandringham in 2006 with pick No. 8 in the preseason draft, Thomas made 87 appearances for the Power. Thomas was courted by the Tigers during last year's trade period, however the Tigers did not want to trade with the Power for his services.

Since being delisted by the Power, he will stay on with Norwood in the SANFL if he does not get an official offer to advance his AFL career at Richmond or any other club.

Thomas, now 26 - is hopeful of rejoining Power teammate and close friend, Troy Chaplin.

Thomas demonstrated huge ability in the SANFL in 2013, playing up forward whilst also offering the ability to play a run-with role.

https://www.facebook.com/AFLSeasonAndOffSeasonNews